Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Anybody know what the story is with the B.Ed 2s in regard this T1 stuff? Do we go to out normal classes or new ones?

Check moodle under 'B.Ed 2 Information'. There's an updated class list. I presume that's the final decision on proceedings.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

gone very quiet on here since the semester started! Guess everyone is waaay too busy working really really hard:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

angeldaisy wrote: »
    gone very quiet on here since the semester started! Guess everyone is waaay too busy working really really hard:rolleyes:

Ha! Yeah, that must be it! I love this forum, it's a pity it fades away every so often.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

On the bright side, the Live Music Society is starting to advertise their weekly get-together in O'Dwyer's! That's one of the things I'll miss about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

angeldaisy wrote: »

I thought the new first years would have hundreds of questions for us! :(:pac:

• Advertisement

I thought the new first years would have hundreds of questions for us! :(:pac:

they must obviously know it all :eek:

hate the fact that this year I have very little hours timetabled, but still have to be in 5 days a week in order to get stuff done:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Siggie

On the bright side, the Live Music Society is starting to advertise their weekly get-together in O'Dwyer's! That's one of the things I'll miss about the place.

The Writers' Soc is starting to advertise its sketch show, too, and MIDAS is getting going with the Cabaret. It's nice to see the societies kicking it into gear for the new semester!

I'm 3rd year B.Ed now so I'll be missing O'Dwyer's terribly 'til January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Trying to decide between Media and English? Anyone study either and how do ye find them? :)

Trying to decide between Media and English? Anyone study either and how do ye find them? :)

I do both and I'm in my final year. The English does obviously require a lot of reading and secondary source readings are a must if you want to do well. It can be a bit heavy at times but I mostly enjoy it.
    Second year has a lot of novels to compare but (this may have changed by now) the essays are worth 60% which is unreal. If you put in a lot of effort and have a good essay you can take a lot of the pressure off the Christmas exams.
    So far final year English seems to be very theory based and is something that I personally will have to go over and over to get into my head cos I'm a bit 'Wha???:confused:" at the moment! :P

I love Media. 2nd year is more practical than 1st year, with production (Group work. It can kill you or you can kill a team member! :D) and a hands on blog/radio documentary/newspaper module. Enjoyable and time consuming but great if you have an interest in media and how something is created.
    There's a film studies module which is interesting but can drag on a bit.

Final year media - you have 3 modules and have to choose 2. I'm doing Scriptwriting. As it's only week 3 I can't really comment much yet but I think I'll enjoy it. The lecturer is great and definitely knows her stuff. My second choice is Children and the Media. So far we're discussing Disney and the effect the company has had globally. It's really interesting and who wouldn't say no to watching a bit of The Little Mermaid in a tutorial. :D

I can't think of anything else right now but if you've any questions just ask.:)

Also, if you want to buy my English books, that'd be great!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hey guys, I live in the area, just wondering what's going on in the smaller field, I've noticed it's been dug up in the last few days.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, I live in the area, just wondering what's going on in the smaller field, I've noticed it's been dug up in the last few days.

was only wondering the same myself this week! Must find out..

Apparently the pitch is just being levelled - nothing exciting:(

Does anyone know when the new part of the campus is opening across in The Mount?

I'd love if they opened up the gate that goes from Gerard House to O'Connell Avenue. It'd be such a handy shortcut when taking the bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Can someone tell me what the gym is like?

Can someone tell me what the gym is like?

Never been in there myself, I've heard it's small but it has everything you need, e.g. Treadmills, Crosstrainers, Weights, etc.

Never been in there myself, I've heard it's small but it has everything you need, e.g. Treadmills, Crosstrainers, Weights, etc.

Sexy wimminz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The gym is small but tidy and has just about everything you would need...one tip though is find a good time to go...it can be a little annoying when there are like ten more people in there and you can't concentrate or a bit...stay away from 6 o clock slots tbh.

Has all the essentials in terms of equipment...can't knock it on that.

And yeah the women use it too, fair play to them like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ceolcailin

Could ye help me out. I have a small tattoo of a music note on my left wrist, it is barely noticeable, i almost forget i have it myself sometimes. My heart is set on being a national school teacher, or perhaps secondary, i haven't made my mind up yet. Could this tattoo prevent me from being hired? Even if i successfully met all other requirements for the job? I love music and am an extremely musical person and this tattoo is a symbol of my love for this, but I'm not sure if employers would see it the same way. Its seems so unfair should the tattoo be the only reason i wouldn't be employed. The tattoo can be easily covered with a watch. What are your opinions?

Cover it when necessary, like interviews. Other than that, no worries.

3 years in Mary I and I dunno where the Postgrad office is. :o Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

3 years in Mary I and I dunno where the Postgrad office is. :o Anyone?

It was down near the Chapel, up the stairs beyond the meditation room. I'm not sure what the story is with it at the moment though.

http://www.mic.ul.ie/postgradstudies/currentstudents/PublishingImages/Maptopostgraduateoffice.jpg

Cheers Overlord! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

It was down near the Chapel, up the stairs beyond the meditation room. I'm not sure what the story is with it at the moment though.

http://www.mic.ul.ie/postgradstudies/currentstudents/PublishingImages/Maptopostgraduateoffice.jpg

Theres a meditation room, who knew? :pac:

There's also a room in Tara with one of those one sided mirrors that people can look through! :eek:

There's also a room in Tara with one of those one sided mirrors that people can look through! :eek:

Really?:eek: Creepy! What room?

The shower room lol

T101 and T101b! It's at the end of the corridor by the microteaching class rooms! :P

Was procrastinating earlier and found this image of the new library on an architects website! :eek:

We'll all be graduates by the time it's built though! :( :rolleyes:

anlzmg.jpg

Image: Hugh Kelly Architects

Hmmm not sure about that building, going to take huge amounts of money not only to build it, but to stock it too. Hopefully the days of only one copy of textbooks will be gone when this gets built.
    I'm guessing that even if I stay on to do a phd it still wont be built!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

There are ways and means...

That's a very imposing looking building.

Advertisement