Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mikom wrote: »
    Word on the street is that they have got the chance to make three episodes for RTE, which will air on TV in the autumn.
    Time will tell.

No way really, where did you hear this any press releases you could spoon feed me. ;)

Sorry for taking 2 weeks to reply to your post. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Elmo wrote: »
    No way really, where did you hear this any press releases you could spoon feed me. ;)

Sorry for taking 2 weeks to reply to your post. :D

Actually, speaking with the guys during rag week in Galway and they said it's to be aired in September. Don't know if it'll be from the first episodes though or some made specifically for RTE....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

It's like a bad episode of trailer park boys with an Irish accent.
    /shrugs.

fyp

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Notorious wrote: »
    fyp

I know right?
    And yet it's beloved for some reason.
    I thought I was the only one.
    Going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

One of the hardy bucks just appeared in the last episode of Zombie bashers on storeyland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

"Have ye got any biscuits?"
    "Ya"
    "Get them."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I know right?
    And yet it's beloved for some reason.
    I thought I was the only one.
    Going mental.

I have only seen the one episode (the one in the first post), but the similarities I can see so far:

Main cast are a bunch of dumb-asses.
    A white rapper (J-Roc).
    Some tough guy who actually isn't really tough (Cyrus).
    They live in a sh**hole, smoke weed and break the law.

The only difference between both of the shows is that The Trailer Park boys is actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anymore word on this appearing on RTE?
    I have only seen the one episode (the one in the first post), but the similarities I can see so far:

A white rapper (J-Roc).

The only difference between both of the shows is that The Trailer Park boys is actually funny.

If you're referring to Hardybucks here man, its way off the mark. Season 1s Episodes 3,4,5 and 9 are hilarious. The Christmas one is okay too.

No tough guy, no white rapper and its not all about smoking weed and breaking the law. Loads of people find it funny and can relate to it. Me included. I've come across one or two that even look down on people who find it amusing, I just nod and smile. Each to their own I suppose but I say hats off to the lads. Good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

they were looking for extras friday night for the filming for the tv episodes, got a huge crowd apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

They have a new short episode up on Joe.ie, tis fairly funny. They had another video with the munster team up called munster mash but its down now for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The_D_Man wrote: »
    They have a new short episode up on Joe.ie, tis fairly funny. They had another video with the munster team up called munster mash but its down now for some reason.

Funny enough.
    But Joe.ie is encapsulates everything that makes me puke about modern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

But Joe.ie is encapsulates everything that makes me puke about modern Ireland.

Ya its ***** allright.

I know the bucks are trying to make a few bob, but they wanna be careful who they align themselves with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I know the bucks are trying to make a few bob, but they wanna be careful who they align themselves with.

Agreed. They should have kept going the way they were tbh. I prefer the old material.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

whats wrong with Joe.ie? I didnt think it was anything out of the ordinary?

The_D_Man wrote: »
    whats wrong with Joe.ie? I didnt think it was anything out of the ordinary?

It's run by a marketing company, to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

A white rapper (J-Roc).

I watched trailer park boys on tv shack a few weeks back to see what its like and i tink hardy bucks is way funnier

andr3w103 wrote: »
    I watched trailer park boys on tv shack a few weeks back to see what its like and i tink hardy bucks is way funnier

The difference is that trailer park boys is good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

trailer park boys is ok, funny enough. This is better. Objective.

trailer park boys is ok, funny enough. This is better. Objective.

There is only ONE opinoon which countsz. MINE OPIONON!
    BANNED!
    REMOVED FOR EVER. GET THEE TO A NUNNERY ALDARION!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Hardy Bucks ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭over9000dvd

Hardy Bucks ftw

TPB FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 WrongedWriter

mikom wrote: »

Having seen their lame duck live show, I think the bucks are right where they want to be. Shilling for a marketing company while rubbing shoulders with fellow celebrity socialites such as Clare Tully and Gerald Keane.

They're well indoctrinated for a career with RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭andr3w103

The difference is that trailer park boys is good.

but hardy bucks is funnier.....which in turn makes it more entertaining ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

The bucks were filming during the last fortnite around castletown, here in the whest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

TPB FTW

Hardy Bucks is over 9000, unlucky.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    The bucks were filming during the last fortnite around castletown, here in the whest.

Except Castletown is fictional......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

must have been imagening it so :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JimboJonze

They were given a commissioning by RTE, however it being produced by the drama department which has brought us such riveting shows as "The Clinic" , "Fair City" and countless other examples of culturally and intellectually barren ****e that only a total troglodyte could be entertained by. My younger bro went up to Mayo to be an extra for one of the weekends they were filming and said it all seemed a little unfunny and forced and everything was done from a tightly monitored RTE supervised script. I was a fan of the show quite a lot when it came out but I think doing lame unrehearsed live shows in the upstairs of pubs and lame PR stunts for even lamer websites kind of defines what the Hardy Bucks has been for some time. I gives me no pleasure to say that because I really believed in the show when I initially saw it, but it has just become a bit ****. They arent prepared to really pull the piss out of the characters the same way "Trailerpark Boys" does and I from what I heard about the shooting of the possible TV series (RTE commissions lots of stuff that never sees the light of day) its going to be some kind a drama-esque portrayal with no cursing. A shame for something that had so much potential but lazy writing has cost them in the end I think.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

anyone else seeing an edit button here on Jimbos post?^^^ :confused:

Advertisement