Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I get the impression that RTE really dont want to make this show. They've absolutely butchered it in the edit. Its like as though they deliberately cut the best lines. Watch the clip on storyland http://www.rte.ie/storyland/ and then watch it on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fm-7ojUz4&feature=related and you'll see what i mean. So here's a big FUCK YOU RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 B1GJH

I agree with that last comment. RTE destroyed it with their editing. I didn't have a clue what weas going on when I watched it on stroyland.ie. I thought "oh no they've bottled it!". Then I watched the "same" episode on youtube and it was great!

I hope they get with channel 4 so that they aren't edited like that again.

Yes it does have some similarities to Trailer Park Boys but it is in no way a rip off. I am a fan of both shows but I think that Hardy Bucks is far better. Hardy Bucks is the funniest show that i've seen since arrested development and I hope that they get picked up by a channel (4) worthy enough to take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sorry to rain on your RTE bashing lads but the station don't edit it down for the Storyland site - the guys making the show do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on your RTE bashing lads but the station don't edit it down for the Storyland site - the guys making the show do.

Where'd you hear that from? A friend in work lives in the town it's filmed and the lads themselves have laid the blame on RTE. They menioned it from the start on their Facebook page that it was pure sh1te of an edit by RTE.

Rte definately butchered it. When you consider that the guy behind Rental Boys, the main competition to Hardy Bucks, has been working with Rte in some way or another for 15 years then its easy to see why Rte dont want to make Hardy Bucks. Jobs for the boys and all that. Sad that your license fee goes to them really. Then again our tax goes to the government......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Where'd you hear that from? A friend in work lives in the town it's filmed and the lads themselves have laid the blame on RTE. They menioned it from the start on their Facebook page that it was pure sh1te of an edit by RTE.
    Is it not just the format of the storeyland pieces? There 7 minutes but hardy bucks are making the show much longer and have to butcher it to fit it into 7 minutes. Not really RTEs fault if they laid down the rules before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Rte definately butchered it. When you consider that the guy behind Rental Boys, the main competition to Hardy Bucks, has been working with Rte in some way or another for 15 years .

I can tell you for a fact that the GIRL behind Rental Boys has never worked a day in RTE. Shes a graduate from IT Tallaght in Audio Visual Communications. The editting for Rental Boys was better because the scriptwriting was done with the intention of filming 5 minute episodes as per the rules of Storyland. Hardy Bucks filmed much longer episodes and as such had to edit huge chunks of material out of it...

That said, Hardy Bucks was by far the best of the bunch! They deserve to be on TV. RTE should learn from the mistake of turning down Fr. Ted and not let this one get away! Probably better if they don't get their hands on it though. Channel 4 would do a better job.

GWAN THE BUCKS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

Shtop this ****e talk in the name of the law!

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that The Hardy Bucks edit there own videos. I think the only reason hundreds of people keep on prattling on about the issue is because the youtube version came out later than the RTE cut. Most people watch the Youtube versions before the Storyland cuts anyway. If you look at the other RTE cuts the majority of them pale in comparison to the Youtube vids. The last video came out on Youtube a few days later than usual, forcing us to watch the storyland version which was a disapointment compared with the youtube version.

To say that RTE have cut the piece to bits is idle speculation for those who want to take a pop at RTE for years of bland misguided entertainment like the panel; and the long list of nearly everything that's been broadcast since couched. Which was a great launching pasd for people like PJ Gallagher and Tommy Tiernan and others.

The bottom line, I think, is that hardy bucks cut their own stuff but rte impose time and language constraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

These guys are the biz I love them, the foam party one was savage!

Or looking up the 'prototype' on raft building :pac:

leftism wrote: »
    I can tell you for a fact that the GIRL behind Rental Boys has never worked a day in RTE. Shes a graduate from IT Tallaght in Audio Visual Communications. The editting for Rental Boys was better because the scriptwriting was done with the intention of filming 5 minute episodes as per the rules of Storyland. Hardy Bucks filmed much longer episodes and as such had to edit huge chunks of material out of it...

That said, Hardy Bucks was by far the best of the bunch! They deserve to be on TV. RTE should learn from the mistake of turning down Fr. Ted and not let this one get away! Probably better if they don't get their hands on it though. Channel 4 would do a better job.

GWAN THE BUCKS!

Thats the girl, Gemma Creagh. I'm on about the Guy or more specifically the company he runs, Mixed Bag Media.
    http://web.me.com/mixedbagmedia/Mixed_Bag_Media/About_Us.html

Anyway, apart from that i agree completely with you on the rest.
    Gwan the bucks!

• Advertisement

When do the next episodes go up online? What happens after the winner is announced? Will there be another, better organized storyland competition next year? I personally think there should. But there should be more publicity surrounding it. Maybe show the episodes on a monday night on RTE 2.

Ya, they should definately broadcast the shows. I mean they broadcast that pox music competition over the last couple of months, i cant remember the name of it, where the bands wrote a song and recorded it in a day. No offence to anyone involved in that but it was some of the most pretentious self absorbed muck that i've glanced at. Gimme a collection of 10 minute comedy clips anyday over that, just so long as its not re runs of the Cassidys or the Roaring 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

RTE just don't know how to make good television, you could give them a bunch of playmates and they'd do something stupid like put Gerry Ryan in the way.

Everything I've watched lately has just horrible, I've gotten rid of my tele anything worth watching on RTE is on during the middle of the night so it's a complete and utter waste of a channel and not worth anything near what their asking for in the tv license.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Watched the new episode. It came at me like a shky boy.
    Hardy Bucks shouldn't really be edited, their non-sequiturs are absolutely amazing:
    How many young fellas could you strap to a plough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Just been watching this, ****ing brilliant! Well done, very funny, reminds me of so many lads and nights out :)

Ya, they should definately broadcast the shows. I mean they broadcast that pox music competition over the last couple of months, i cant remember the name of it, where the bands wrote a song and recorded it in a day. No offence to anyone involved in that but it was some of the most pretentious self absorbed muck that i've glanced at. Gimme a collection of 10 minute comedy clips anyday over that, just so long as its not re runs of the Cassidys or the Roaring 20s

That was some of the worst ****e I'd ever seen. Pretentious self absorbed muck is right. What Is it with Modern music anyway? It's all style over substance, standing at funny angles, with women who have strange mullet like hair cuts dyes in different colors. Or guy's wearing jeans so tight they can't walk up stairs properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭howyanow

funniest programme since fr.ted,love it.real comedy,lads just rippin the piss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love this show, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

You're in the minority there pal.

In comparrison to The cassidy's, The Roaring twenties, Soupy Norman, Killnaskully and just about every single sh!te show that RTE have produced and labelled a comedy this is a fcuking masterpiece. My only worry is that some bastard up in the Shmoke will have a retarded view that he should have an input into it and we get left with the usual pile of bolox with Paul "David Walliams wannabe" Tylak or Kevin " I told a joke once" Gildea in guest roles.

C'mon the hardy bucks, Pile in the jabs

Sorry about the late reply but every show from RTE is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

ScumLord wrote: »
    RTE just don't know how to make good television, you could give them a bunch of playmates and they'd do something stupid like put Gerry Ryan in the way.

Everything I've watched lately has just horrible, I've gotten rid of my tele anything worth watching on RTE is on during the middle of the night so it's a complete and utter waste of a channel and not worth anything near what their asking for in the tv license.

Soooo true! I remember trying to finish homework at 1am last year and I'd have RTE on in the background, and the amount of decent television that was on at that time. Way better than the ****e they'd be showing at 8pm.

Also, what's the story with RTE wildlife? It's on slap bang in the middle of prime time television, I can't believe that there's so much an audience that it's more beneficial to have wildlife on rather than something like the Simpsons.

• Advertisement

Jam-Fly wrote: »

Also, what's the story with RTE wildlife? It's on slap bang in the middle of prime time television, I can't believe that there's so much an audience that it's more beneficial to have wildlife on rather than something like the Simpsons.

Prime time is when daddy comes home from work and says "Turn off the cartoons, get the fuk away from the TV that i own and let me watch a lion tear some bastards head off so i'll be able to visualise it the next time you ask for money. Daddy is sick of the fukkin simpsons."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Great show, I don't know if I'd rather RTE pick up the show or the lads jsut keep making it for youtube. Great stuff anyway.

Well, Hardy Bucks have won the competition. Now lets see how much of a balls of it rte make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

some great lines out boys "even fat beards need loving" or "smell of gak off her" also when old man comes in to him in whens with the girl in latest espiode "welcome to our part country" and then after "i thought he'd turned the other way",

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Your after ruining the craic Ma!

-When she crashes the riding session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

well guys, going a little off topic here but i was just wondering does anyone know what the song the viper plays as hes hangin out the window of the car. i remember its an old dance tune from years ago and can hear it playing in my head, but just cant remember the name!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

sherdydan wrote: »
    well guys, going a little off topic here but i was just wondering does anyone know what the song the viper plays as hes hangin out the window of the car. i remember its an old dance tune from years ago and can hear it playing in my head, but just cant remember the name!! lol

It's The Launch:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

thanks a million for that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Shady Ganley :D

Advertisement