Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Love the new episode. Can't wait for more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

ecstasy backbreaker on film!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The Viper is my hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

I don't know if this has been posted here before but they got some award at UCD and gave a talk, it's pretty funny..

http://ctn.ie/index.php?page=shows&chan=108&prog=75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Palidius

Here this seems to be to close to Trailer Park Boys for these dudes to get away with. I can see a lawsuit on the cards if it becomes popular which it may do as its basing itself on one of the funniest comedies of the last decade. In saying that it certainly has its moments that are original so there certainly is talent there. My verdict, its certainly stealing but stealing with style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

That uCD head was such a twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That uCD head was such a twat!

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Palidius wrote: »
    Here this seems to be to close to Trailer Park Boys for these dudes to get away with. I can see a lawsuit on the cards if it becomes popular which it may do as its basing itself on one of the funniest comedies of the last decade. In saying that it certainly has its moments that are original so there certainly is talent there. My verdict, its certainly stealing but stealing with style.

Considering it's not situated in a trailer park and non of the characters appear to be based on those from Trailer Park Boys there's no legal ramifications whatsoever.

Yes it's comparable to Trailer Park Boys in certain ways, but so are plenty of those Forensic type programs and law ones aswell. I really can't see how it's stealing as they're not using similar scripts, even the plots are very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

The creators of the Trailer Park Boys are going to sue three lads from Swinford in Mayo for copying their format?
    I doubt it somehow.

And how is it stealing? Shar most the crap on TV is copied from other shows.

News just in!!!

Ricki Lake sues Dr Phil for stealing :D

Ok maybe a lawsuit might be pushing it an I ain't denying that there are other shows that have ripped off other shows but as someone who has has watched TPB and have seen a number of episodes of Hardy Bucks the complete rip of some dialogue is unquestionable in my view.

Im not going to spell it out for people but it is there if you watch both. Again there is some originality to it and it isn't bad but I would find it very hard to believe if these guys are not huge TPB fans.

The devil is in the detail. It is stealing it is irrelevant if it goes on with other programmes or not.

This is just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It's not *that* close to TPB. It's definitely inspired by it, that much is obvious to anyone who has seen both, but would you care to give examples where they've lifted e.g. dialogue or plotlines, or even characters?

"Stealing" is a pretty major accusation, and I think it's grossly unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭RandomRetard

Holsten wrote: »
    The Viper is my hero.

He bites like a schnake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭RandomRetard

Anyone know if theres been anymore made? Ive only seen the 9 episodes on youtube.

Cornbb,

See below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7kdRYUg30&feature=related

At 2:25 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

at 0:07 sec

I also find the character of Eddie very similar to Julian you can see it at the start of the above episode when they are sittin in the car.

Again just my opinion you may have a complete different take on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Crow71

Anyone go to see them in cork the other night? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Who's the ginger fellas 'girlfriend' - shes a bit of alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Who's the ginger fellas 'girlfriend' - shes a bit of alright

Avoid her, that one gets preggers awful quick. Poor Eddie is fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

This is far funnier than that killonaskully sh1te, and is more a more accurate or humourous look at rural life in Ireland, or small town life. You always get the muckers who think they are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

seachto7 wrote: »
    This is far funnier than that killonaskully sh1te, and is more a more accurate or humourous look at rural life in Ireland, or small town life. You always get the muckers who think they are cool.

Emm, I don't your critique on the show is quite accurate. To be fair I think it has a bit more depth than " muckers who think they are cool "!

Would ye all agree that the show means completely different things to people from cities verses people from the country?

I think, in some cases, the cities folks are laughing at the buck's, where as the country crowd are laughing with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Was talking to French Toast in Castlebar last week. I was asking him when they are going to release a anything new and he said they probably will have a piece on the Tommy and Hector show tomorrow afternoon I think.

Also he said there might be a Christmas special.

Might be all bullsh*t but never say never!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

'Some women confuse that smell, with the smell of want...'

Fcuking classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Watched the new Hardy Bucks episode there. It had its moments, like Buzz doing the Lithuanian walk. But on the whole it suffered from the usual problems the HB's have been facing; it completely lacked direction. It bothers me when the supposed 'actors' I'm watching can't keep a straight face (which was a big problem in the ball alley scene), it undermines the whole thing. You wouldn't see that in the Office, Father Ted or even the Trailer Park Boys- the sitcoms which people are so quick to compare the show with. Just when I thought I was about to deem it ****e however, The Viper shows up and rescues the episode. "Like Wham, do ya?". He was sorely missed in the rest of the episode. On the whole though I hope this is the last youtube entry from the lads. The sooner Martin Maloney and Chris Tordorf break from their current crew, sign with RTÉ, and get a decent producer, the better. Though episodes like that will be detrimental to any interest RTÉ currently has in the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

decent enough episode, I agree with the above post about the lads not being able to keep a straight face. felt the first three episodes were really the best and the episodes kind of changed from 4 onwards because of the Storyland comp. The lads have rightly earned a cult following and I enjoy watching all their material and reguraly hearing it quoted "mad as a bag of spiders", "Drinkin, Schmokin, Fightin" etc..:):)

Looking forward to seeing what happens with the Viper, he looked in a bad way after Eddie gave him a schelp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It had it's moments but nowhere near good enough to release. Looked like a pure rush job and all the pulling faces was stupid. I guess they are too busy on the lush to do it right.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

It had some good moments alright. They ned to use the Viper a bit more. He's the best character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

kevcos wrote: »
    Emm, I don't your critique on the show is quite accurate. To be fair I think it has a bit more depth than " muckers who think they are cool "!

Would ye all agree that the show means completely different things to people from cities verses people from the country?

I think, in some cases, the cities folks are laughing at the buck's, where as the country crowd are laughing with them?

well, me being from the country, that's what I take out of it. I met lots of people in small towns and villages who think they are in the Bronx...
    When the bucks are standing around the alleys in town, you can nearly feel the desperation to get out to somewhere else...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Though episodes like that will be detrimental to any interest RTÉ currently has in the project.

Considering some of the rubbish RTE have put out in the name of comedy down through the years I would be amazed if that put them off. Well maybe not amazed as it is RTE after all. Overall I thought the Christmas episode wasn't one of their strongest but I get the feeling that it might have been rushed out a bit hence stuff like the lads on the verge of laughing in the ball alley being left in.

Being from rural west of Ireland myself it does remind me of characters from home. There are lads like that in every small town in Ireland and the Bucks only have to exaggerate them slightly for comic effect. I actually think Buzz is my favourite. Consistently comes out with some memorable lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Any word on any more episodes or are these lads hittin the screen or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Word on the street is that they have got the chance to make three episodes for RTE, which will air on TV in the autumn.
    Time will tell.

Advertisement