Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Looks like a playoff game now. Can't see kansas scoring at least 7.

LOLz at Joe madden.

Walk Tex to load the bases to stop him gettting 40 homers and beating pena. Then A-Rod knocks it out to get himself 30 homers and 100rbi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Bit fortunate that the Tigers and Twins one game playoff is on at 10.07 PM over here which is a reasonable hour to watch it. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Bit fortunate that the Tigers and Twins one game playoff is on at 10.07 PM over here which is a reasonable hour to watch it. Looking forward to it now.

Likewise. It would be some time to be in Minneapolis now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

looking forward to this :)

• Advertisement

Whats happening....I'm stuck on the centre field camera!

Bah....want the Twins to win. 3 run inning and counting for the Tigers.

Great effort by Porcello.

Rooting for the Tigers but have a funny feeling the Twins will pull it out.

Milner must have a huge sigh of relief after escaping with the bases loaded. He looks terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Great effort by Porcello.

Rooting for the Tigers but have a funny feeling the Twins will pull it out.

Brilliant from Nathan. Got out of a hole in the 8th and now 9th with that double play. 2 on, no outs and to retire Polanco and get Ordonez with a double play with Cabrera next up....fancy them to go on and win it now. Have no real preference but like you I feel the Twins just might get it.

• Advertisement

Great game.

You won't see a more dramatic and exciting game than that.

Damn sleep. Damn it to hell. Fell asleep in the 7th :(

Brilliant game but feel sorry for the Tigers. They should have the division won a few weeks ago but guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Don't think the Twins will have much left in the tank tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beers and popcorn are in,roll on 23.00:D

Brilliant game but feel sorry for the Tigers. They should have the division won a few weeks ago but guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Don't think the Twins will have much left in the tank tonight.

TBH as a Yankee fan I'd have preferred to get the tigers. The Twins have some SERIOUS momentum at the minute. 17-4 down the stretch.

The yanks have been in cruise control for a little too long for my liking.

Ah well, CANT WAIT for tonight!

Edit: sweet, mlb package works for postseason. Couldn't remember if it did last year but must have. No streaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

Damn Yankees. Looked very powerful last night. Albeit against a shatterred Twins team. Bigger tests to come one thinks. The Phillies look very good once again, I think(for me anyway) that they've slipped under the radar this year a bit with so much attention on the Yanks. I forget they're defending champions sometimes, could take some beating.

Terrible baserunning by Gomez. :(

Ooooh I'd give up a months worth of sleeps for games like that! :D

Great game last night,thought about hitting the sack after the Yanks leveled in the 9th,so glad i stuck with it!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i sky plussed the game last night, the recording ended after rodriguez homered in the ninth. that made me a sad panda :(

wow. stunning come back for angels. cant believe that just happened.

Great game with a great finish. Absolutely delighted to see the Red Sox eliminated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

What a disaster for the Redsox. I'd say Fenway was like a graveyard after. I'm absolutely devastated. Not just as a Redsox fan but also the fact as baseball fans we'll be missing out on an ALCS between the Sox and Yankees. But fair play to the Angels anyway, Bobby Abreyu be damned.

Mad_Max wrote: »
    wow. stunning come back for angels. cant believe that just happened.

It was so painful to watch. :( Should have been 2-1 in the seried, Paps had at least one pitch to end it at 2 out and 2 strikes. No runs allowed in 26 previous postseason innings, pity he had to break that record by allowing 3.

Do we have a postseason thread? The title just says regular season but a lot of postseason chat seems to be here so I didn't wanna start a new one without being a regular poster (I guess I'm a postseason poster)

Great display of pitching by Pavano and Pettitte last night. Yanks showed a lot of patience and while i'm not A-rods biggest fan i gotta hand it to him,he's showing his class finally this season. Looking forward to NYY and LAA on friday night,should be a cracker!:)

More horror baserunning from the Twins. What was Punto smoking?

zuutroy wrote: »
    More horror baserunning from the Twins. What was Punto smoking?

Dunno but I hope he shares it with the Angels!

Gonna be a cracking series now.

Terrific game tonight! If you haven't seen it but have a subscription, go watch the 8th and 9th innings from tonight, a couple of incredible plays including a runner jumping over a fielder to reach base, a terrific diving catch, some quality hits, a few change of leads, and a great closing performance.

Even if you don't support either team it's worth a look.

Congrats to the Phillies, great matchup now v Dodgers starting on Thursday. :D

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Terrific game tonight! If you haven't seen it but have a subscription, go watch the 8th and 9th innings from tonight, a couple of incredible plays including a runner jumping over a fielder to reach base, a terrific diving catch, some quality hits, a few change of leads, and a great closing performance.

Even if you don't support either team it's worth a look.

Congrats to the Phillies, great matchup now v Dodgers starting on Thursday. :D

I almost hit the sack after the Rockies took the lead but decided to hang on for the 9th,great end to the game!

Advertisement