Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

No love for Sanchez pitching the years first no-hitter, then?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

More love for Juan Uribe costing him a perfect game!

I hope Doc doesn't get traded. Its far and away the worst thing that could happen in terms of my enjoyment of baseball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

zuutroy wrote: »
    More love for Juan Uribe costing him a perfect game!

He must really feel like sh1t after that!!!
    I hope Doc doesn't get traded. Its far and away the worst thing that could happen in terms of my enjoyment of baseball.

Who you think has the talent to get him if it does happen? Lets assume they wont trade in-division. So the main guys will be phillies/dodgers/mets/angels??

Id hate to see it happen but the red sox would have the depth to make it happen!

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Who you think has the talent to get him if it does happen? Lets assume they wont trade in-division. So the main guys will be phillies/dodgers/mets/angels??

Id hate to see it happen but the red sox would have the depth to make it happen!

It looks like Phillies, Angels, and maybe Tigers at the moment. Ricciardi is such a moron.'Oh 2010 is our year', 'oh no actually we're gonna trade the face of the team'.
    Attendance will die a death if this goes through. He really has the anti-Midas touch. Lock in wells to a ridiculous contract and he turns into a bum, Rios doesn't care, I just learned today that Ryan was released (a week ago, dont know how I missed it) and they're eating the $15M he's owed.
    A complete mess of a team.

• Advertisement

2 weeks to hang on :(

I say keep him. Everyone's contract is up next year anyway so just go out with a blast in 2k10 and then start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looking forward to tonights game against the Blue Jays. Clay Buckholtz gets a chance to impress, hope it works out for him, I really think the guy is going to be a star. Now he has a chance to put himself back in contention, his form for the pawsox has been incredible this year.

What a legend. After all the talk and with the whole league watching his every move, to come out and do that is just brilliant. Hands down the best in the game.

OMFG what a catch by wise to keep Buehrle's perfect game alive.

EDIT: And there it is!....First one I saw live!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I saw ESPN say 24 up 24 down and I raced to get the game on my screen. Man-o-man, what a catch, what a game. Congrats Mark Buehrle!

It's actually his second 27 batter game (first April 17 2007).

2 amazing pitching performances in 2 weeks!

• Advertisement

So Doc says he's going to test the free agent waters in '10 meaning this is his last year in Toronto most likely :( He's I think the only one left since I started following baseball and the Jays in 2000. Will be weird to see him in another uniform. Wonder if I can find a way to get there for his last home start?!

O's (3 games) and Seattle (4 games) in TO. September 21 - 27. It'll be one of those (barring a stint on the DL). Air Canada still do their Dublin-Toronto flight at that stage, I think. I certainly was on it on Sept 20th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Superb effort from Buehrle last night. Watched extended highlights today and even though he was helped by some excellent fielding his pitching was quality. Just a pity he plays on the wrong side of town! :pac:

That catch from Wise was magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Superb effort from Buehrle last night. Watched extended highlights today and even though he was helped by some excellent fielding his pitching was quality. Just a pity he plays on the wrong side of town! :pac:

That catch from Wise was magic.

Incredible performance all around .

I am never more homesick for the southside of Chicago than moments like this.

meh, remember you'd have to listen to The Hawk talking crap for the other 161 games of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

meh, remember you'd have to listen to The Hawk talking crap for the other 161 games of the year :D

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It should.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

How about those Cubs:)

Watch ChiSox@Twins last night. Buehrle was perfect through 5 when I fell asleep. Very disappointed when I woke up to find out he hadn't done it. 45 straight retirements is something else though. Cooperstown calling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

i am a casual observer of MLB, but i fancy the Red Sox and Texas tonight...any opinion??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone bored I'd turn onto the Arizona v Pittsburgh game in the 8th now.

I'm not gonna jinx anything but let's just say I'm delighted I brought Arizona in as my fantasy pitching team this week....

8-10 wrote: »
    Anyone bored I'd turn onto the Arizona v Pittsburgh game in the 8th now.

I'm not gonna jinx anything but let's just say I'm delighted I brought Arizona in as my fantasy pitching team this week....

You jinxed it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

will be in new york over the w.e.- how much should i spend on tickets for game v red sox! I know it's a bit of a stupid question but at what price is way over the odds. Should i just wait for the games on monday or tuesday- forget who the yankees are playing on those days.

I would guess that you will struggle to get tickets at all, and if you do they'll be over $100 to sit anywhere in the stadium. That's just a guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

yeah checkin for tickets on stub hub the tickets for bleachers are around 100. Think i'll wait for monday- same tickets are goin for 11. I know it won't be the same class of game but just want to see the new stadium really.

It's says the bleachers are 14 bucks. Jays are in there next week, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

obl wrote: »
    You jinxed it. :P

:D Looks like it! He looked very sluggish in the 8th anyway, wasn't hugely surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

More injuries for the Mets. Cant wait for this season to be over. What a disaster!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

M007 wrote: »
    yeah checkin for tickets on stub hub the tickets for bleachers are around 100. Think i'll wait for monday- same tickets are goin for 11. I know it won't be the same class of game but just want to see the new stadium really.

Sox @ NY in a period of genuine competitiveness between the two, in a real fight for the Division - for an Irish tourist that's once in a lifetime experience. Skip the Statue of liberty, pay the 70 Euro!!!!

Advertisement