Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I was very happy with wrights effort!!! finally some fantasy production!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Cool pic taken just as Burnett is yanked. Is that smile on Roy's face?:

jays_nyy_040acr.jpg

Aaron Hill is just on fire!.10 homers and league leader in hits.

Wow@ Lackey getting tossed after 2 pitches!

Just watching archive now.

Theres no way he'd do it twice in a row. He couldn't be that thick. The commentator says its "clearly intentional" but c'mon. One behind the back would send whatever message you want. Why go straight back and mill him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

3 walkoff wins in a row for the Yankees:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭Waitsian

zuutroy wrote: »
    Cool pic taken just as Burnett is yanked. Is that smile on Roy's face?:

jays_nyy_040acr.jpg

Now my screensaver - the crowd's reaction, AJ's forlorn look, Doc's smirky stare, Wells' glance over at Doc (what's he thinking) and look at Scooter! Talk about a "f*** you, keep walking" glare! :D

Love it...

It does look like some (can't stress some enough :pac:) fans are applauding him.

Strange, last year this was mainly a bosox forum + yankee fan.. this year I seem heavily outnumbered by Jays fans..

Good thing I have a soft spot for Toronto (as a city) :P

Holidays granted, plane tickets bought and games picked.. sweeeeeet

Gonna catch:

A's @ fenway (seriously considering wearing the pinstripes to it!!!)
    dbacks and cards @ mets(dying to see pujols)
    rockies @ phillies (cheese steak :D)
    and then...
    Yanks and sox and the catherdral

happy happy boy

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Holidays granted, plane tickets bought and games picked.. sweeeeeet

Gonna catch:

A's @ fenway (seriously considering wearing the pinstripes to it!!!)
    dbacks and cards @ mets(dying to see pujols)
    rockies @ phillies (cheese steak :D)
    and then...
    Yanks and sox and the catherdral

happy happy boy

Sounds great. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

David Ortiz is really having one sick season. There I tempted fate, now let it rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Nice throw to get Rios out trying to steal second, after getting on base with a slow-roller infield hit.

Solid start by Wakefield.

Yeah I hate watching Wakefield. Terrible awkward swings everywhere.

Don Orsillo is the King of baseball commentators.

EDIT: After Vin Scully obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Ended up being a real pitchers duel tonight, and Wakefield takes the win as the BoSox win 2-1. Papelbon goes 1-2-3 to get his eleventh save of the season.

Yankees look to be continuing their streak as they hold a comfortable lead in the Bronx against the Orioles. Hopefully that will end tomorrow! I'd love to see both the Red Sox and the Blue Jays make the postseason this year.

looks like somebody poked the bear!!! Our offence is coming :D

Another ugly game for Toronto. I would been happy to take one away from this series, so it'll have to be tonight. Things are getting awful tough at the top now. Hope they can keep rolling along, even though it looks like cracks are starting to appear :(

Another ugly game for Toronto. I would been happy to take one away from this series, so it'll have to be tonight. Things are getting awful tough at the top now. Hope they can keep rolling along, even though it looks like cracks are starting to appear :(

Now now, don't jump off the bandwagon as quick as you got on :)

All seriousness though if they're to stick it out they can't drop many more series to division rivals. Yanks and Sox won both series against them now.

Come on Zuut, I thought better of you. :p It's just two games mate, at Fenway. Long ways to go yet. Tallet actually pitched well the other night, and it was close. Never judge your team on one performance against a knuckleballer! As for last night, Cecil was bound to slip up. As a rookie I'd say the pressure got to him, he's human. Not the end of the world, he'll bounce back. We still have tonight's game, and if we win, we take one off them on the road. Even if they sweep, we're still top of the division. We gotta hope that the first six weeks will be the norm going forward, and we'll take later series off the Yanks and Sox (especially at home). Wells has to start hitting soon, and with Janssen and Litsch (and possibly Romero) back shortly, we'll be alright. ;)

OK, over-reaction maybe...but getting swept out of Fenway and being 1-5 vs Yankees and Sox wouldn't exactly bode well!
    Watching Wells has been horrible.....

• Advertisement

Oh FFS...game over..........:( Rios has another slip up out there.

I didn't know Jerry Remy was out long term recovering from cancer...hope he comes back!

Also..This series is depressing..Hitters looking 08 style out there, wilting when it matters.

Oh FFS...game over..........:( Rios has another slip up out there.

Rios has looked completely disinterested since day one - I hope he's traded. Terrible attitude imo. Pity the Lincecum/Rios trade wasn't pulled off by J.P. :(
    Also..This series is depressing..Hitters looking 08 style out there, wilting when it matters.

They've looked horrible the whole series. Hopefully it picks up against the Braves and the O's and we pay the Sox back at the Dome end of the month. :D

I really know nothing about the NL....know about 3 players in the Braves lineup

WheelsComingOff.jpg

I really know nothing about the NL....know about 3 players in the Braves lineup

Whats the NL??? Who are these strange teams playing this week???!? :pac:

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Whats the NL??? Who are these strange teams playing this week???!? :pac:

Jays bats have gone totally silent.

Hilarious stuff on fox here.

Phillies rookie maybery hits his first homer and Fox zoom in on his dad....or who they thought was his dad. No they just picked a random guy celebrating the homer and said yep thats the dad :P

Credit to them though they took it well :D

Ugh A-rod ties it up....sick. He really didn't need to juice. Cmon Phillies regroup!

• Advertisement

FFS :(

Advertisement