Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi stoppage 24hour

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

murphaph wrote: »
    TV3 news showed a lad just about to boot the side of a VW Passat until he realised there was a TV camera behind him and he pulled back at the last second from damaging the man's car. I presume this wasn't isolated stuff. Thuggery.

Every time there's a taxi strike or protest you hear of worse incidents being reported on the radio. Taxi's that are working getting a window broken so they have to stop working and stuff like that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ntlbell wrote: »
    lol koolkid, I don't think you're going to get an answer

but I feel it's very unfair that spooky gets all this "air" time to stick up for taxi drivers yet won't answer some very straight forward questions

the lack of answers speaks volumes tho.
    I'm not surprised at not getting an answer, he doesn't have one..
    I would say it is quite possible he is one of those who benefited by getting a licence after deregulation..If thats so then wouldn't it be quite embarassing for him to be complaining about others doing the same thing.
    But being hypocritical is something he is good at. Like condeming racism but faciliting it at the same time.
    Quint wrote: »
    Every time there's a taxi strike or protest you hear of worse incidents being reported on the radio. Taxi's that are working getting a window broken so they have to stop working and stuff like that.
    Probobly because that what happens every time they have a protest.
    I would also guess that we don't hear the half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I've had enough of this messing.

This is how it is going to be. I will lock this thread now. I will review it in more detail in a few hours time when I have a little more time to spare to look at it. That means the fall out from this thread isn't done yet. The thread lock is not the end of it.

In the meantime, please note that I have a glass full of taxi related threads going bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement