Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Right, re Shabam, I'm guessing her secret is that
    she's not the real Shabnam, and it's 'life and death' cos the real Shab is in some witness protection thing for safety, so a fake Shabnam is in the show, so it'll be a big 'we didn't notice that we'd a fake family member' storyline And then, of course, loads of other people will realise their family members went away for a while, and came back as different people, and lives fall apart:D :P

Any other wild guesses?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So it looks like the gloves are off between Max and Phil. I've a feeling that it will not end well for Max.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So it looks like the gloves are off between Max and Phil. I've a feeling that it will not end well for Max.

I've a feeling that I don't care. Can't seem interested in their shenanigans for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

its such an unrealistically ridiculous story this "contract" for the garage story. surely there were better ways to go about this. i cant believe that supposedly intelligent scriptwriters would devise such a scenario

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

If they're setting up Max and Phil for the next big feud you'd have to assume then that Max didn't kill Lucy? I can't see them setting him up for two big story lines?

• Advertisement

its such an unrealistically ridiculous story this "contract" for the garage story. surely there were better ways to go about this. i cant believe that supposedly intelligent scriptwriters would devise such a scenario

Key point being 'supposedly' intelligent scriptwriters.

'lazy' writing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Yeah everytime the contract storyline comes up again I just think how very easy that would be to sort out and how stupid the storyline is.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Jane "Oi! You leave my Gerbal alone" "You won't be saying that on your wedding night" -Sonia with line of the year so far

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Jane "Oi! You leave my Gerbal alone" "You won't be saying that on your wedding night" -Sonia with line of the year so far

i have trained myself to mute my hearing when sonia appears on screen so missed that....... darn...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Funny how everytime Phil Mitchell goes to prison, somebody always tries to mess with him. Didn't Derek Branning try something similar a few years ago?

Also, At this point Phil has had a feud with Derek, Jack and now Max Branning too.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Funny how everytime Phil Mitchell goes to prison, somebody always tries to mess with him. Didn't Derek Branning try something similar a few years ago?

Also, At this point Phil has had a feud with Derek, Jack and now Max Branning too.

and nick and ian and alfie and billy and ricky and mark and grant and steve and .... etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

just seen this
    Many fans have been gripped by the current storyline which saw Linda attacked by her brother-in-law Dean back in October.
    Fans will finally get their wish for revenge when Dean gets what he deserves, but not in the way you would expect.
    EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins told RadioTimes.com there will be a ‘shocking’ twist to the Linda and Dean rape plot.
    ‘There will be justice. And how it’s meted out will be satisfying but shocking too,’ he revealed.

Last week Linda reported Dean to the Police but Dominic says he will put the Carters in the centre of the drama, not the Police.

‘We’re not The Bill,’ he continued.
    ‘That show was about the police solving things. I don’t have main characters who are police officers.
    ‘We have tried very hard to create police characters who are interesting and who have their own stories. And there are more police twists coming up.
    ‘But that’s not who my viewers are tuning in to see.
    ‘They want to see Linda and Mick. They’re the people they care about and not the police. So the police solving it is not satisfying for the viewer.’

Last year the telly boss said that Dean – played by Matt Di Angelo – will not face trial for the brutal attack.
    Discussing his reasons, he said: ‘The easy and wrong way would be to have Dean arrested and taken off to prison. That’s not what happens. I’d love to have done a big trial – we won’t be doing a trial.’
    Kellie Bright – who plays Queen Vic landlady Linda Carter – also admitted she wants to see a showdown between her character and Di Angelo’s.
    ‘Recently, I’ve been feeling very strongly that Linda should have a face to face with Dean. There are a lot of people fighting for Linda and I personally want to see Linda fight for herself.’

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Yep I think something bigger like that makes more sense. I still keep thinking of 'life or death secret' though and what that may mean in context... but may not be accurate, wherever I read that.

Yeah we said that a few pages back. My money is on that being the source of that cash she's waving about all the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So what punishment for Dean will be satisfying and shocking if not jail, someone raping him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So what punishment for Dean will be satisfying and shocking if not jail, someone raping him

DTC has also said that Lucy's killer will not be leaving the show after the reveal. Maybe somehow,Dean is framed as the murderer & goes down,thus getting the punishment he deserves,just not for the crime he actually committed?

Probably not but I'm wracking my brains here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

MelanieC wrote: »
    DTC has also said that Lucy's killer will not be leaving the show after the reveal. Maybe somehow,Dean is framed as the murderer & goes down,thus getting the punishment he deserves,just not for the crime he actually committed?

I haven't thought about this but I will and guess. It's a bit ambigious.

MelanieC wrote: »

So no jail for guilty parties in EE only innocent ones (well Dean is guilty of rape not murder)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

So no jail for guilty parties in EE only innocent ones (well Dean is guilty of rape not murder)

Doesn't mean Lucy's killer doesn't go to jail eventually. All we know is that the killer is revealed in these live episodes, not necessarily that they're revealed to the other characters. We'll know but it could go on for a while on screen with nobody else knowing. Or someone knowing but keeping quiet to protect whoever it is.

Doesn't mean Lucy's killer doesn't go to jail eventually. All we know is that the killer is revealed in these live episodes, not necessarily that they're revealed to the other characters. We'll know but it could go on for a while on screen with nobody else knowing. Or someone knowing but keeping quiet to protect whoever it is.

Lucy's murder has dragged on for a year already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

They waiting for the 30th Anniversary for the live reveal. Seems like an age since it was Easter! Some storylines are dragged out others aren't so much. Is Shabnam's secret going to be revealed tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

doovdela wrote: »
    They waiting for the 30th Anniversary for the live reveal. Seems like an age since it was Easter! Some storylines are dragged out others aren't so much. Is Shabnam's secret going to be revealed tonight?

I think it's tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think those of you who were guessing at Shabnam's secret having something to do with a secret child/abortion/something to do with a baby are definitely on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

I think Linda will confront him in a big showdown. He'll admit it but it's secretly recorded or something like that I.e. they publicly out him in some way. But Linda will be the instigator thereby taking back the power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

hoodwinked wrote: »
    nah i am guessing
    she had a baby and put it up for adoption or an abortion

either EE is getting more predictable.....or i am watching it too much for too long :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

hoodwinked wrote: »
    either EE is getting more predictable.....or i am watching it too much for too long :o

I don't get how they is a 'life or death ' situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Lisha wrote: »
    maybe if you are muslim it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Lisha wrote: »

I assumed that was a kind of play on words type thing, as the baby in the situation was new "life". Could be way off though

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭CK73

fr336 wrote: »
    Yeah Emma was OAP area for Max

Emma looked like a librarian, not his type at all.

Well at least we finally know what shabnam's secret is and can sleep easy tonight.

Did I hear her saying 'that was the first time' when she took out the newspaper clipping though?

EDIT: Checked and that is what she said, but on second thoughts she maybe meant that was the first time she had sex, rather than first time she abandoned a baby...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Well at least we finally know what shabnam's secret is and can sleep easy tonight.

Did I hear her saying 'that was the first time' when she took out the newspaper clipping though?

EDIT: Checked and that is what she said, but on second thoughts she maybe meant that was the first time she had sex, rather than first time she abandoned a baby...

Missed it tonight. Do she had a baby and put it up fur adoption or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement