Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would Cora even have anything close to a motive?

Does anyone have a motive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a motive?

Not really. Whoever it was,I'd imagine it was an accident/argument.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I think a lot of them could be seen to have motive. Granted not very strong motives but still more reason than Cora would have had. The people who actually had relationships with her would be more likely to have motives.

Also leaving the music box under the tree at Christmas seems a weird move if it was genuinely just an accident, doesn't it.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What would an old biddy like Cora be doing in an isolated area in the dark??? even If she had agreed to meet Lucy it would've been in a cafe or somewhere.

Ann22 wrote: »
    What would an old biddy like Cora be doing in an isolated area in the dark??? even If she had agreed to meet Lucy it would've been in a cafe or somewhere.

She wasn't killed where she was found but you'd still have to question how an old biddy like Cora would move a body.

Just thinking, what if Jane did it and was still in the house when Lauren was outside and that's how she saw her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

That's a great scene between Linda and Nancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Lee isn't very convincing in scenes like tonights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That 'Babe' is a vile creature :(

Lee isn't very convincing in scenes like tonights.

He has a terrible cryface lol

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Just an opinion but I think that the murderer could be anyone. It's not uncommon for a person to receive a text and that text could've been from anyone, not just Emma. BBC said the text narrowed down the suspects but doesn't mean that any of the suspects are the killer.

• Advertisement

dogcat wrote: »
    BBC said the text narrowed down the suspects but doesn't mean that any of the suspects are the killer.

That makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

That makes no sense.
    I mean that just because they are a suspect, it does not mean that they are the killer. And tht would go for all 14 at the scene. The BBC announced that the episode on the 1st would narrow down the suspects.

dogcat wrote: »
    I mean that just because they are a suspect, it does not mean that they are the killer. And tht would go for all 14 at the scene. The BBC announced that the episode on the 1st would narrow down the suspects.

Oh, I see what you mean but I think they were saying that it was actually one of the people in that scene.

Mick had a lot to deal with tonight, Danny Dyer's acting top class though

I am glad Linda finally told Nancy and Lee

Dean wont want to go back to prison so will he a do a runner?

That family the Carter's are nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I watched the second episode on BBC, depressing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Some of the acting from the Carter clan is phenomenally good.

I really hope Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright are in it for the long haul as Mick and Linda. Apparently Dyer signed a 3 year contract there before christmas, but hopefully he'll still want to sign another contract after that. He's really found his niche as an actor I think and no one ever expected him to be good at the emotional stuff, but he surpasses himself every single time.

It's a huge shame Timothy West is leaving as Stan, but it's understandable as the character was completely underused until West decided he wanted to leave - his scenes recently have been brilliant.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Honestly, I think the writers have taken on way more than they can handle right now. It's just all too much to take in imo. Between the rape storyline, the Mick/Shirley thing, and then throwing Babe/Stan/Sylvie into the mix, I honestly found it hard to keep up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Wish Mick didn't blurt out that they went to the Police, now Dean will do a runner and as usual, no justice is served!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Monife wrote: »
    Wish Mick didn't blurt out that they went to the Police, now Dean will do a runner and as usual, no justice is served!

Agree. When Mick said to Shirley and Dean that Dean wasn't to come near the pub again, Dean said thanks Mick I think he thought the whole sorry mess was to be forgotten about. Stay away from my pub and I'll forget you raped my wife. As if,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Honestly, I think the writers have taken on way more than they can handle right now. It's just all too much to take in imo. Between the rape storyline, the Mick/Shirley thing, and then throwing Babe/Stan/Sylvie into the mix, I honestly found it hard to keep up with.

You're right, especially the big reveal about Shirley being his mother, that could have filled episode after episode if they wanted it to, the same way it was explored in the past with Kat and Zoe wasn't it? Instead it was just kind of put out there and then swamped by the rape plot and rightly so, because that proved to be so gripping. But I kinda found myself wishing they hadn't even bothered with Shirley being his mother because as far as I can see, the only time they made anything out of it was when Mick and Dean were fighting and Shirley screamed at them to stop because "he's your brother! " I don't remember them showing anything of the kids' reaction to it either, finding out that Shirley was their gran and not their aunt. So yeah it felt wasted, and the Babe and Sylvie storyline also seemed pointless in the middle of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

I can only presume that Shirley will try to stop Dean from running, as he has nothing to run from. And that Dean comes out and says he did rape Linda?

I'd say the whole Shirley being his mother and Dean being his brother thing will come back around and become a big part of some storyline at some stage.

They could have had Shirley being his mum come out earlier and have them someway to developing a civil relationship again and then had the truth about the rape come out. It would have added more complications to Linda coming clean, not that that side of the story needed anything else, but it would have allowed them to address the mother/son business a bit more without it getting lost in the rape fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I really hope Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright are in it for the long haul as Mick and Linda.

I hope they don't completely ruin them. EastEnders have an unfortunate habit of building up a good character/couple/family and then wrecking everything to the point of lunacy. Flanderizing the point out of characters at times.

Sometimes they constantly reset the characters so that they're just doing the same things over and over. Like Kat and Alfie - it's just same old, same old with them. Or the all powerful Phil Mitchell, King of Walford. FFS, the other night Lauren was quaking in her boots on behalf of her dad who'd betrayed Phil Mitchell. Phil Mitchell, guys!! And Peggy 'Gout mah pub!' Mitchell is briefly returning too. They wanted Grant back too but Ross Kemp wasn't interested.

Maybe he feels the character had run its course. If only the EE higher-ups could recognise that phrase. But no, they'll even bring characters back from the dead to just lather,rinse, repeat their characters all over again.

In reality soap characters have a life span of about 3 years. After that it's very difficult to find anything new for them to do. If it's a young teen character once they leave school it becomes difficult because they can't ever leave the general area for college or a job so they're confined to attending an imaginary college we never get to see or working on a market stall.

Having an established family unit gives them more scope to work with given they can all be involved in each others story lines even if it's just in the background. Even then though I'd say about 3 years is as long as they can write for someone before they have to press the reset and have them repeating stories.

Kat and Alfie are the perfect example of this. You could be watching EE from 10 years ago if you're just looking at their stories.

Australian soaps like Home and Away get this right. Most of the characters do about 3 years and then they're off. The ones that stay longer than that end up with the most ridiculous stories or just hang around in the background of other peoples scenes hoping to get a line or two before they get written out off screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

very very uncharacteristic of him. the whole signing over story is a joke anyway. if ever there was a case of undue influence this is it!! Young naive boy whose just took over family affairs a day or two previously while his father is imprisoned signs over a family business FOR FREE with a simple signature to a non-related local older businessman , same businessman being, oh so coincidentally, the partner of the woman who got killed as a result of the alleged acts of crimes that this boys father is in jail for........ Oh and that and the fact that no solicitors, accountants or witnesses advised the boy or were present......... And not forgetting that how would Max have the legal documents related to the ownership of the Arches etc

I mean he literally must have drawn up a contract in an hour saying I am Ben Mitchell and I want Max Branning to have this business for free.

give me strength..........

27877485.jpg

this ben signing over the arches story is cartoon stuff. surely a legal expert working on the show could point out the ridiculousness of this!!

Anyone else think Dean was going to admit the truth to Shirley about the rape when he said you really believe me to her

I think Mick and Linda are too forgiving of Shirley too soon, she is sticking by and believing Dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

can people who watched the second half of EE last night on BBC not post anything related to it as majority of people here watch it on RTE and havent seen it as its airing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Dean was going to admit the truth to Shirley about the rape when he said you really believe me to her

I think Mick and Linda are too forgiving of Shirley too soon, she is sticking by and believing Dean

I don't see Dean admitting to anything. He is convinced he has done nothing wrong in his warped mind and thinks Linda is the one lying.

I remember when they did a similar storyline on Hollyoaks with Jacqui and Gilly and as far as Gilly was concerned it was concensual, but Jacqui claimed she said no. Interestingly with that one the audience didn't even know what actually happened and it was his word against hers.

This is kinda the same deal with Linda and Dean, except that we the audience know the full story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement