Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

can people who watched the second half of EE last night on BBC not post anything related to it as majority of people here watch it on RTE and havent seen it as its airing tonight.

Was it not on RTE 1 too for an hour last night?

You might be best staying out of this thread until you watch so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

this ben signing over the arches story is cartoon stuff. surely a legal expert working on the show could point out the ridiculousness of this!!

All Ben had to do was deny he signed the contract. Doesn't it have to be witnessed to prove its a genuine signature?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just catching up on this week's episodes. Kelly Bright is knocking it out of the park. Her scene with Nancy where she talked about being her mum had me welling up :(

Also I'd completely forgotten Emma even existed until Max got the invitation to her funeral in the post.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

can people who watched the second half of EE last night on BBC not post anything related to it as majority of people here watch it on RTE and havent seen it as its airing tonight.

I was of the impression that most on here watched on BBC. As previously mentioned, best avoid the thread until then.

I think I've said this before but EE is so weird lately. It's like they've got two completely different sets of people running the show. I know they have a team of writers and all that but the difference in quality between the various stories is incredible. At the moment the Carters are the main focus and it's being done brilliantly, then you've got the Nick Cotton stuff and all surrounding it and it's farcical. Knock on from that is Max stitching Ben up which is down right ridiculous. In the background then you've got Sonia and FatBoy having awkward run ins and Shabnam pretending she can't run or whatever... it's just so bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

One thing that really struck me from last nights episodes is how limited an actor Lee is. Don't think he can carry serious storylines convincingly at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

^ I agree, I'd much prefer to have Johnny still around than Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

One thing that completely baffles me about the Carters (oh and there are many!) is their backstory- I remember Linda saying before that she was young when she met Mick and had kids but if Mick is 38 now and had Lee when he was 14, Lee would be 24 which means Linda would have been 12 giving birth to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

One thing that completely baffles me about the Carters (oh and there are many!) is their backstory- I remember Linda saying before that she was young when she met Mick and had kids but if Mick is 38 now and had Lee when he was 14, Lee would be 24 which means Linda would have been 12 giving birth to him.

please dont go there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Have to say I found last nights episode(s) v emotional! But yes, I agree about Lee, v limited. His sad/crying scene was bad. But other than that, everyone of them are playing a blinder!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

ha! look a few pages back! this has been a topic of debate!! some think it was "brave" and nice representation of different family structures, i , well lets just say, i disagree!

they shpuld of made the kids a couple of years younger as its hard to conceive Lindas mother would have just invited mick to live with her and her daughter and put up with her daughter being impregnated every other year in her teens.

tbh i think EE producers only came up with the idea of shirley being micks muvvver a month or two after casting and by then they had established the ages of the kids and couldnt go back. thats my take on it. id say mick n linda were originally meant to be older (early 40s perhaps) but they had to knock 5 years or so off micks age (and therefore lindas) to make it possible for shirley to be his mother ( sorry muvvvvvvvvva!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

One thing that really struck me from last nights episodes is how limited an actor Lee is. Don't think he can carry serious storylines convincingly at all.

I agree. That's why I don't believe he's a realistic contender for Lucy's murderer anymore. The producers would need to be able to rely on an actor/actress to give a solid realistic performance both during the live show & in heavy emotional scenes in the following episodes. I think it's obvious Lee,or rather the actor who plays him,wouldn't be up to it.

Lola,on the other hand,gave birth to Lexi on the last live show & has been at the centre of heartbreaking scenes regarding her custody since then!

I know I'm like a broken record with Lola but I really think she did it!!! :-)

I don't see Dean admitting to anything. He is convinced he has done nothing wrong in his warped mind and thinks Linda is the one lying.

I think Dean will slip up with Shirley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Dean will slip up with Shirley

i read that first as "split" up!!! although the way this dysfunctional carter family have evolved a jeremy kyle style plot along the lines of "shes my muvvvva and my luvvvvvva" comprising of shirley and dean wouldnt shock me now!

so live episode:

dean admits or accepts it was rape
    kim has her baby
    max signs for a parcel off massood but its really a contract to pass ownership of the arches to tamwar
    stan dies
    lucy killer uncovered
    nick dies
    mick signs over the queen vic on the back of a beer mat to max
    ian and jane get married
    denise attacks patrick
    abi asks max to sign their wedding card for ian but its really a contract to hand over max's house to ben
    Phil is released (he surely has to be in live episode in some way??)
    Lee goes missing, noone notices.
    sonya sleeps with her daughters saxaphone and tina walks in
    Alex gets nervpus on live episode and breaks out in a cockney accent.
    Alex is revealed to be Shirleys son
    Sharon notices her son has been missing the last 3 months
    Max signs a condolence card for Stan presented by Linda but it turns out to be a contract for an arranged marriage with Nancy. (linda feels that at 21, nancy should have at least 3 or 4 kids by now)
    Sonya still doesnt notice her daughter is missing.
    Fatboy merely says " Mrs. B" and walks off set after another dayswork done.
    Fr Dougal Maguire turns up at Dots door saying he is Nicks gay lover and they adopted a poodle together.
    Peggy turns up but noone recognises her.
    Emma turns up alive and it is revealed Max faked her death.
    mrs. doyle gives alfie all her money from nicks scam for one night of passion. alfie buys another ice cream van and parades it around the square with the music ringing. the tune rings a bell in emmas memory........... and she runs back to maxes house (now bens house) scrummages through the kitchen looking for her files, grabs something and runs out shouting running towards alfies van........ and exclaims "you know"!! alfie looks stunned but cops on and hands her a ninety nine with a flake and takes the money off her. he then drives off and knocks her down.
    Ronnie wakes up and max, feeling guilty about phils detention, the fake death and all the arches business signs off for her hospital bills............... after he signs.... the camera pans in on what he has just signed...... "a council law renaming the square "CARTER SQUARE" .....

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I tell you what, it makes you realise how hard it is for scriptwriters to manage these intricate family storylines, especially with us nit-pickers about. Every time they introduce a new character they would have to create their fictional background and family tree... logistical nightmare. Saying that, it is frustrating when you spot huge inconsistencies, especially when the acting and plot are excellent, such as the rape storyline.

morebabies wrote: »
    I tell you what, it makes you realise how hard it is for scriptwriters to manage these intricate family storylines, especially with us nit-pickers about. Every time they introduce a new character they would have to create their fictional background and family tree... logistical nightmare. Saying that, it is frustrating when you spot huge inconsistencies, especially when the acting and plot are excellent, such as the rape storyline.

but isnt that the first aspect of creating a character? building a background. i would of imagined age was the most signigicant aspect of this . im only makinv light of the issue!

just imagine you were in elaines shoes and your little daughter moved her fella in and he proceeded to keep knocking her up for the next few years! Lindas mother makes parent of the year Kerry Katona look like the Dahli Lama of parenting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Synopsis of upcoming Live Episode
    (I'm not gonna quote the entire post.)

That was brilliant!

Just watching Friday nights episode. The one scene with Nancy telling Dean to stay away from them, "She's my Mum" was more powerful than all the scenes of pushing and shoving and shouting that have gone before it with Mick and Lee.

All the shouting upstairs in The Vic is getting on my wick too. Killing any emotion that might have been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Just watching Friday nights episode. The one scene with Nancy telling Dean to stay away from them, "She's my Mum" was more powerful than all the scenes of pushing and shoving and shouting that have gone before it with Mick and Lee.

All the shouting upstairs in The Vic is getting on my wick too. Killing any emotion that might have been there.

Nancy had me in tears :o great actress

Matt Di Angelo has confirmed that Dean will get away with Linda's rape after signing a new one year contract keeping him in the show until at least Spring 2016.

http://www.ebsp.co.uk/blog/458477892...s-rape/9311780

Source: EBSP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Matt Di Angelo has confirmed that Dean will get away with Linda's rape after signing a new one year contract keeping him in the show until at least Spring 2016.

http://www.ebsp.co.uk/blog/458477892...s-rape/9311780

Source: EBSP
    He's going to get away with it?!
    FÚCK THAT. Very disappointing.

I would have thought it was obvious that
    he'd get away with it. She left it so long to report that there is no physical evidence, she told nobody after it happened so there's no witnesses, it comes down to her word vs his. Unfortunately that's what happens in a lot of real life rape cases. They seem to have gone out of their way to make this story as realistic as possible so it's not at all surprising to me that Dean won't be jailed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Yeah not surprised at that. Will be interesting to see how everything unfolds with all the characters involved though

It would be a shame if this puts actual victims off reporting. On the other hand it may help people realise that's is best to report it as soon as possible possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

It would be a shame if this puts actual victims off reporting. On the other hand it may help people realise that's is best to report it as soon as possible possible.
    Yep it's hard to know. I understand there's that message, and I understand that they're trying to be realistic, but there's still the chance that it could put some off reporting. I remember thinking the same with Carla's rape in Corrie a few years back.

So Dean will still be around for Linda's baby's birth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

well it could be his kid, we don't know yet do we?

casio4 wrote: »

I don't think Linda has done a test so yes the baby could be Dean's too

I hope the baby is Mick's

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

casio4 wrote: »

On this thread there was a spoiler saying
    the baby's is micks..

• Advertisement

Yeah I read that at the ultrasound scan a while back
    the dates meant that the baby had to be Micks. Something like she was 11 weeks gone and the rape was 10 weeks ago, so the baby couldn't be Deans.

But nobody seems to be reacting like that happened so I must be mistaken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement