Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Lisha wrote: »
    State of her, she's like a has been a Glastonbury or something

Too funny!��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Too funny!��

Oh I forgot ...... Should've said 'eeeyeebithaa'
    Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

****s sake

Dragging it on and on and on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If they drag it out like tonights episode until xmas it will put 10 years on us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

I wish she'd tell Danny Dyer about being raped or that he'd just figure it out and kill the prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You think she would have told her mam by now? She almost guessed what was going on.

I wasn't sure at the end whether the mam knew or not. She thought they were having an affair, but then she threatened yer man in the toilet. She was telling her to confide in Danny Dyer too. I thought she was trying to get her to open up to him and let him know what was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisha wrote: »
    Poor Linda

Anyone watching 'our girl' on bbc Sunday nights ?
    Lacey turner is fantastic in it

Yes loving smurf

I hope Elaine comes back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Everything that the mum was saying (albeit not in the right context) will instill in Linda that she shouldn't tell Mick.
    I thought for sure when Mick and Linda were on the bed that it would all come out or at the very least Mick would question her. Hello Mick, wake up!!!

He has barely even asked her what the matter is, even though it's quite clear that there is something seriously wrong.

• Advertisement

Linda don't want any intimacy with Mick this should ring some bells for him or anyone that she could have been attacked

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

but she is saying it is all getting to her, dealing with the family and cleaning the bar so like any man Mick is not going to know what is really wrong

casio4 wrote: »
    but she is saying it is all getting to her, dealing with the family and cleaning the bar so like any man Mick is not going to know what is really wrong

Since they arrived Mick and Linda have been shown as they like having sexy time as often as possible, Mick is always randy but now she don't want him near her that should put him on some sort of scent towards something bad happened her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Abi needs a good bloody slap!!!

Eastenders have said Linda will be back

and for the love of god someone make Linda talk it really hard to watch here feel so bad for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just as a thought, some women never tell

Eastenders have said Linda will be back

and for the love of god someone make Linda talk it really hard to watch here feel so bad for her

Do you mean Linda's mum Elaine will be back

Elaine told Linda not to trust Babe so hope we find out more about their history

I was just thinking, if it transpires that Shirley is Mick's mum, wouldn't that make Dean his half-brother? Yuck.

I was just thinking, if it transpires that Shirley is Mick's mum, wouldn't that make Dean his half-brother? Yuck.

Shirley is Mick's real mother

I assume all that will come out with the rape revelation, which will complicate everything further.

• Advertisement

Yarf Yarf wrote: »
    I assume all that will come out with the rape revelation, which will complicate everything further.

Phil knows so perhaps he will tell Mick or Dean or Mick discovers Dean raped Linda and is beating Dean to death when Shirley shouts stop as he is your brother dum dum dum dum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

casio4 wrote: »
    so like any man Mick is not going to know what is really wrong

Not had my coffee yet so unable to tell if that's sarcasm or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Just as a thought, some women never tell

It's mind numbing to watch though. Kept changing channel over the last few ep's

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Phil knows so perhaps he will tell Mick or Dean or Mick discovers Dean raped Linda and is beating Dean to death when Shirley shouts stop as he is your brother dum dum dum dum

how does Phil know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Everything that the mum was saying (albeit not in the right context) will instill in Linda that she shouldn't tell Mick.
    I thought for sure when Mick and Linda were on the bed that it would all come out or at the very least Mick would question her. Hello Mick, wake up!!!

oh come on. People are very silly if they dont think eastenders will drag this out for god knows when. Definitely will be looking at misery and secrets for next 6/7 weeks id say

oh come on. People are very silly if they dont think eastenders will drag this out for god knows when. Definitely will be looking at misery and secrets for next 6/7 weeks id say

:confused:
    Everyone knows this will be dragged out, that's how soaps work.
    However, I think people are hoping Linda tells him in every episode simply because it's so sad to watch.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you mean Linda's mum Elaine will be back

yes sorry Elaine will be back the public seem to love her and Eastenders have noticed

Pat Butcher, Kathy Mitchell, Cindy Beale and Lucy Beale are all returning to Eastenders
    for children in need sketch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Pat Butcher, Kathy Mitchell, Cindy Beale and Lucy Beale are all returning to Eastenders
    for children in need sketch

Got a bit of a fright there before I unlocked the spoiler,thought the EE producers were trying to mess with our heads!!

Linda's story is heartbreaking. I thought the last scene with Mick was so sad. I know it's tough to watch but she really is playing it very well,it must have been very emotionally draining for her.

I know it seems like it's dragging on but it's not even been a fortnight yet! And like was already mentioned,some women never tell or don't tell for a long time as they're trying to come to terms with what happened themselves. I think kudos to EE for portraying the aftermath realistically,we'd be slating them too if they rushed it and everyone just moved on after a couple of episodes.

It's difficult viewing but personally I don't mind how long the story goes on as I think EE are handling it very sensitively and true-to-life and that's more important than dramatic doof-doof moments just for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I think they're doing a great job of showing how rape can effect a woman but it is getting a bit ridiculous that nobody suspects something like that has happened.

They're constantly banging on about how much Linda and Mick love each other and how well they know each other and yet the first conclusion her mum jumps to is that she's cheated on Mick! Nancy decides her mum basically having a meltdown is because she's a racist!

Let's look at the facts. Linda is suddenly acting like a crazy person, she won't get dressed or come down stairs, she freaks out whenever Mick tries to touch her, she attacked Dexter for kissing Nancy and was shouting about him hurting her. Obviously you don't want to think something like that could have happened to your mum but it shouldn't be that much of a leap to wonder if it was something like that. At the very least they should be worried for her mental health.

The only thing I'll say about how much they're dragging it out is that the last 3 episodes were all in the one day in Walford time. Still, as a viewer it feels like it's been going on for ages.

Bloody Brannings wasting so much food in that episode. Lauren told Max, she told him!! stir that sauce and he ruined it! Also, she could have gone back for the fish and chips, it's well wrapped and in a bag, it would have been grand. >:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement