Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope someone punches Zainab very soon

I actually like her - I think she can be hilarious! Ok - so her attitude to Christian is fairly s--t at the moment but, in general, she's great! Her regular misfortunes are one of the best parts of EE at the moment - and that's probably not a compliment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Shazanne wrote: »
    I actually like her - I think she can be hilarious! Ok - so her attitude to Christian is fairly s--t at the moment but, in general, she's great! Her regular misfortunes are one of the best parts of EE at the moment - and that's probably not a compliment!
    I didnt like her at the start but I have grown to love her. I'd say she is hilarious in real life. Would love to go for a pint with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like either
    Amira or Chelesa
    are preggers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Don't tell me that they're bringing back Little Mo as well. Bad enough that Kat is coming back.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    I didnt like her at the start but I have grown to love her. I'd say she is hilarious in real life. Would love to go for a pint with her.

Watched some of her Loose Women appearances today with this. She's class.

If they could just bring back a Shabnam...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Poor Jack tonight. It was very sad :(

• Advertisement

Ronnie discovers that Jack punched Dr Steele. Ronnie realises Jack loves her really. Ronnie tells Jack she loves him no matter what and she gives him back the engagement ring he once gave to her. Ronnie asks Jack to propose to her properly when he's better.

Chelsea advises Amira to get a pregnancy test and buys one for herself when she realises her period is late. The girls take the tests in the salon, but are interrupted before they can check the results by Denise, who wants her eyebrows plucked.

Christian is crushed when he learns Amira is pregnant and tells Syed they need to finish with each other. Syed promises Christian he'll tell his family the truth. Meanwhile, Masood reveals to Zainab he saw Syed kissing Christian.

Amira and Christian tonight was just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Who the hell is
    Dr. Steele
    ?! :confused:

Who the hell is
    Dr. Steele
    ?! :confused:

The neurologist? :confused:

Ben and Louise :D Brilliant tonight. Loved Shirley and Zsa Zsa reaction

• Advertisement

Six cast members are to leave BBC soap EastEnders in the coming months.

Derek Martin, who has played Slater stalwart Charlie for a decade, will bow out later this year, while Cliff Parisi's role as unlucky-in-love mechanic Minty Peterson will also come to an end after eight years under new producer Bryan Kirkwood.

Relative soap newcomer Liam Bergin's exit storyline is currently being penned as his alter ego Danny Mitchell's scheming ways are expected to reach a climax over the following months.

Speaking of his departure, Bergin said: "I've had a great six months working on EastEnders playing Danny. He has been a great character to play and without giving too much away, he's sure to ruffle a few feathers before he leaves Walford."

He continued: "Working alongside Barbara [Windsor], Sam [Womack], Rita [Simons] and Steve [McFadden] has been a real pleasure and I will enjoy watching what the Mitchells get up to as a viewer."

Meanwhile, Owen Turner's mother Liz - played by Kate Williams - will also film her final scenes later this year and is expected to depart in a storyline connected with her son Owen's murderer Lucas.

In addition, 20-year-old Belinda Owusu - Libby Fox in the programme - is due to depart at the end of her current contract. She said: "I've had a great time playing Libby but I agree with Bryan that after four years of great storylines, it is now time for Libby to move on. EastEnders was my first real job and I have learnt so much but I am now really looking forward to trying new roles."
    David Proud, who became EastEnders' first ever disabled character in June, will further be written out.

Of his time filming with the serial, Proud said: "I have had a wonderful time at EastEnders and loved every minute of it over the last year. It has been fantastic to play such a complex character like Adam. I have made some great friends amongst the cast and crew and wish the show all the best for future."

At the beginning of the month, Chelsea Fox actress Tiana Benjamin revealed her intention to leave after four years in a bid to pursue other projects. Preeya Kalidas will make her screen exit in a fortnight's time, while Barbara Windsor is due to film her final scenes as matriarch Peggy Mitchell in July.

A show insider told DS: "It's sad to see characters leave the Square but obviously when a new executive producer like Bryan Kirkwood comes on board, they're always keen to refresh the show and make some changes."

They added: "It's the way soaps work - characters run their course and new characters come along."

Since his arrival, Kirkwood successfully managed to lure back Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie as Kat and Alfie Moon, while also casting former Footballers' Wives actress Zoe Lucker as Max Branning's new love interest Vanessa.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I think those six have run their course anyway..they're barely in it these days...except for Danny who's visit was always going to be a short one. I thought Libby & Minty had already left!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

greenie wrote: »
    I think those six have run their course anyway..they're barely in it these days...except for Danny who's visit was always going to be a short one. I thought Libby & Minty had already left!!
    Yeah, when I read that I thought "eh, Minty- didn't think he was even still in Eastenders!" :o

greenie wrote: »

I think some of them will be missed - especially Peggy, Libby and Minty - we're sorta used to them being around. I never liked Chelsea and I cant stand that guy in the wheelchair - although Darren's scenes with him have been pretty good! I don't think the Danny character is even worth mentioning as his arrival was stupid and his exit will be a blessing.
    I just hope they hold on to Christian - even just for eye candy value:D He's a really hunk of a guy! Is he gay in real-life does anyone know? What a disappointment to the female population if he is;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I just hope they hold on to Christian - even just for eye candy value:D He's a really hunk of a guy! Is he gay in real-life does anyone know? What a disappointment to the female population if he is;)

He's a judge on 'Over the Rainbow' on BBC atm and has been dancing and acting in the west end for years. Don't know if he is, but he's sure acting like it when he's a judge.

With all the departures; others are returning to Eastenders.
    Lucy Benjamin is *returning to EastEnders nearly seven years after leaving *Albert Square.
    Lucy, 39, one of several former cast members to make a *comeback, first appeared as downtrodden Lisa Fowler in 1998.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/04/18/lucy-benjamin-to-be-an-ender-again-115875-22193019/

Edit. Thought it was for longer; she's just coming back for one episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

He's a really hunk of a guy! Is he gay in real-life does anyone know? What a disappointment to the female population if he is;)

He is, but it doesn't have to be a disappointment... you can still drool :)

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/stage/article4546694.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

WALFORD serial killer Lucas Johnson strikes again as he murders a prostitute in a shocking scene.

As our exclusive picture shows, the twisted churchgoer commits the ultimate sin as he peels off his tie and throttles the screaming girl.

Lucas, played by Don Gilet, 43, has already bumped off ex-wife Trina and arch-enemy Owen Wilson, and so far he has got away with it.

But in an explosive plotline to be screened this summer, the religious youth worker will kill again.

He drives to a red light district looking for prostitutes to "save" and when he spots one he fancies he entices her into his car and heads to the woods.

Once there he starts preaching to her about her lifestyle and claims her job is dirty and a sin in God's eyes.

The feisty hooker retaliates with a barrage of insults and Lucas attacks.

She makes a dash for his car but he catches her and, using his trademark move, whips off his tie and strangles her with it.

A show source said: "Despite being a Christian, he seems happy to kill.

"How many more will he bump off before he's caught?

He could well be the most dangerous killer Walford has ever had."

Now it is just getting silly :(:(

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    Now it is just getting silly :(:(

I totally agree. They obviously intend to drag this on and on and on - and we'll have to look at his creepy face while they're doing it! Newer EE "addicts" wont have a clue whats going on - I thought soaps were designed in such a way that they could be picked up easily by new viewers because they never run overly extended storylines?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm guessing it will be the big Christmas storyline, (or at least one of them).

He will probably hold the whole family hostage in the house, leading to a big showdown between him and the police out on the street.

Then it will end with his suicide, zoom out from a shocked Jordan and weeping Denise, pans out on the Square, and the crowd watching all the commotion.

Doof doof doof dodoodododo....

There. Christmas sorted. Ye don't have to watch it now :P

I'm guessing it will be the big Christmas storyline, (or at least one of them).

He will probably hold the whole family hostage in the house, leading to a big showdown between him and the police out on the street.

Then it will end with his suicide, zoom out from a shocked Jordan and weeping Denise, pans out on the Square, and the crowd watching all the commotion.

Doof doof doof dodoodododo....

There. Christmas sorted. Ye don't have to watch it now :P

Ever fancied a job as a script writer!;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

But the only reason Lucas killed in the part was to keep his relationship with Demise intact. He did it for love in his own twisted view. To go from that to popping off prostitutes doesn't add up. I like your thinking Busi Girl :D

Loved Shirley tonight. Phil not so much, he doesnt notice his son and what he wants. Ben looked in his element dancing to Pretty woman tonight until Phil showed up. Poor Ben :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WALFORD serial killer Lucas Johnson strikes again as he murders a prostitute in a shocking scene.

As our exclusive picture shows, the twisted churchgoer commits the ultimate sin as he peels off his tie and throttles the screaming girl.

Lucas, played by Don Gilet, 43, has already bumped off ex-wife Trina and arch-enemy Owen Wilson, and so far he has got away with it.

But in an explosive plotline to be screened this summer, the religious youth worker will kill again.

He drives to a red light district looking for prostitutes to "save" and when he spots one he fancies he entices her into his car and heads to the woods.

Once there he starts preaching to her about her lifestyle and claims her job is dirty and a sin in God's eyes.

The feisty hooker retaliates with a barrage of insults and Lucas attacks.

She makes a dash for his car but he catches her and, using his trademark move, whips off his tie and strangles her with it.

A show source said: "Despite being a Christian, he seems happy to kill.

"How many more will he bump off before he's caught?

He could well be the most dangerous killer Walford has ever had."

Owen Wilson??? So that's what happened to him, I thought he was just hiding out in shame after Marley & Me! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

It would fit that he goes down this route as there are 6 characters leaving in the latest new shake-up according to TV3 teletext.

With a bit of luck he'll get rid of Libby & her nan (and I can only hope that ham Ronnie:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

When Amira and Chelsea were doing the pregnancy tests how did they know they got the right one? Is this going to be part of the storyline?

Lux23 wrote: »
    When Amira and Chelsea were doing the pregnancy tests how did they know they got the right one? Is this going to be part of the storyline?

I wondered that myself..:eek:

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »

Well Amira tells the Massods and Syed she isnt pregnant and then when she finds out he is gay and she leaves Chelesa tells her to take care of herself and the baby so i guess she leaves and she is pregnant so maybe her and Chelesa's test got mixed up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement