Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Neeson wrote: »
    What happened Whitney?

She got a letter from someone who abused her when she was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Seriously though! I don't look at the show but came out there and seen her sitting in a pub I think with some lad. He was saying something to her, she looked worried and then he started eating a burger.

What's the story there? They do all these deaths and what not but weight isn't something you see often in these soaps. It's particularly relevant now with the whole baby weight thing with Kate Middleton.

Whaaat?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Seriously though! I don't look at the show but came out there and seen her sitting in a pub I think with some lad. He was saying something to her, she looked worried and then he started eating a burger.

What's the story there? They do all these deaths and what not but weight isn't something you see often in these soaps. It's particularly relevant now with the whole baby weight thing with Kate Middleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

IvySlayer wrote: »
    She got a letter from someone who abused her when she was younger.

That explains it so. Stress related weight gain I suppose you'd call it.

(I was wondering why she gained the weight since I last saw her. It seems its part of the storyline about her abuse)

That explains it so. Stress related weight gain I suppose you'd call it.

(I was wondering why she gained the weight since I last saw her. It seems its part of the storyline about her abuse)
    What's with the weight obsession?

• Advertisement

What's with the weight obsession?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Why do you seem obsessed with
    - weight issues being brought into story lines (not sure what you mean tbh)
    - kate middletons weight loss
    - Whitney gaining weight because she got a letter?

Why do you seem obsessed with
    - weight issues being brought into story lines (not sure what you mean tbh)
    - kate middletons weight loss
    - Whitney gaining weight because she got a letter?

No. I was wondering why she gained the weight.

Someone said that she found out she was abused so I assume she out on the weight because she was stresses out.

I was talking about Midfleton because of the fuss about her baby weight. So I suppose this is a good storyline to have because people put on weight. It's also good that she agreed to it as well because all these people in soaps shouldn't be slim or too slim.

No. I was wondering why she gained the weight.

Someone said that she found out she was abused so I assume she out on the weight because she was stresses out.

I was talking about Midfleton because of the fuss about her baby weight. So I suppose this is a good storyline to have because people put on weight. It's also good that she agreed to it as well because all these people in soaps shouldn't be slim or too slim.
    Did she agree to it or did the actress just gain weight? Whitneys weight always seemed to fluctuate, I don't think there's got to be an underlying cause for it, is all.

There's far too much emphasis placed on weight in the media and real life, as it is, tbh. Kind of refreshing not having it being centre of a story line on the soaps too

• Registered Users Posts: 85,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surely Whitney couldn't get a prison visit to see Tony her abuser :confused:

• Advertisement

Did she agree to it or did the actress just gain weight? Whitneys weight always seemed to fluctuate, I don't think there's got to be an underlying cause for it

Yeah I dunno that's why I was wondering to begin with. She blew up since I saw her and thought your man eating the burger had something to do with it. She looked sad when he was eating and she wasn't.

The actress who plays Whitney was suspended from the show for a month for being late

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah I dunno that's why I was wondering to begin with. She blew up since I saw her and thought your man eating the burger had something to do with it. She looked sad when he was eating and she wasn't.

I think she has a good body, a lot more attractive than Lucy, now she really could do with eating a burger.

Why is Ian so down on Bianca (he is her Uncle) after all Jean and Shirley were there too

I think she has a good body, a lot more attractive than Lucy, now she really could do with eating a burger.

Googled her. Yes. Her head looks big. And it still looks big after she lost weight but you can see bones sticking out of her back!

Some say she's anorexic. Others say she's bulimic. Some say she's naturally like that. I don't think so though. The head doesn't match the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Googled her. Yes. Her head looks big. And it still looks big after she lost weight but you can see bones sticking out of her back!

Some say she's anorexic. Others say she's bulimic. Some say she's naturally like that. I don't think so though. The head doesn't match the body.

I'm not being harsh but, please be quiet about peoples weight. It's a stupid topic and offensive.

They're actors/actresses, they live real lives too. Talking about there weight has zero relevance to the story line or anything.

I'm not being harsh but, please be quiet about peoples weight. It's a stupid topic and offensive.

They're actors/actresses, they live real lives too. Talking about there weight has zero relevance to the story line or anything.

True. I asked because I thought that Whitney one blew up for a role. But it's probably the pill or something.

No harm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

True. I asked because I thought that Whitney one blew up for a role. But it's probably the pill or something.

No harm

Why can't you accept that someone gained weight without it having an underlying cause? How do you know she's on the pill? You sound as though you don't even watch the show only once in the blue moon.

Why can't you accept that someone gained weight without it having an underlying cause? How do you know she's on the pill? You sound as though you don't even watch the show only once in the blue moon.

That's it I don't. Just seen she was blew up since I last noticed her. I just though it was part of the show. But ye seem to think it isn't. That's all I was asking. And sure there's a cause for everything. Whether she gained it for the show or not there's a reason whether it be eating too much, not exercising,etc.

But that's the matter now. I dropped in to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,805 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Bianca would you shut up?!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Sharon and her son Denny deserve a good slapping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

i'm sure it's been mentioned before that Shona McGarty is a dead ringer of Amy Lee from Evanescence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Anyone else think That Tony king is
    still Alive, would be in witness protections?

i

i'm sure it's been mentioned before that Shona McGarty is a dead ringer of Amy Lee from Evanescence

people think I look like Amy Lee too and I would die from mortification if that meant I looked like Whitney.

What's wrong with looking like Whitney?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is Ian so down on Bianca (he is her Uncle) after all Jean and Shirley were there too

Really :confused: I never knew that!

people think I look like Amy Lee too and I would die from mortification if that meant I looked like Whitney.

Ah here now! Whitneys not that bad :D

dixiedan wrote: »
    Really :confused: I never knew that!

Pete Beale is both David Wicks and Ian's father

dixiedan wrote: »
    Ah here now! Whitneys not that bad :D

She reminds me of that Charlotte one, one half of the scissors sisters :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »