Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I'm sick of Whitney now. She wants it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm sick of Whitney now. She wants it all...
    I never liked her

Awww poor Hev...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

casio4 wrote: »
    I never liked her

far tooo chavvy

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Can anyone shed ssome light on why derek would be sending the moons out to rob train line cables or something?? What, is there some unknown profit in them, like copper wire??? I just didnt get that one. Personally i like derek, hes a bit different. Apparently he bases the derek charachter on his dad who was actually a real east end villan, who helped the kray twins with some murder and was in prison for years....hmmm interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

am i the only one that finds andrews mood swings very odd, no one else i know seems to see them but me. The minute anyone does something he doesnt like he:confused: gets all moody

And what was with proposing to heather? She keps asking him to say it again because she couldnt believe it and he pretty much snarls "Yer gonna marry me or wut?"

ignorant out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a363385/eastenders-letitia-dean-to-reprise-role-as-sharon-watts.html

EastEnders bosses have announced that Sharon Watts will be returning to Walford later this year.

Letitia Dean has signed up to reprise her role as the fan favourite, who will be back on screen in the summer.

Sharon has not appeared on Albert Square since January 2006, when she bowed out following the death of her husband Dennis Rickman. As she made her exit, she was pregnant with Dennis's child.

Speaking of her return, Dean commented: "I am really looking forward to being part of the EastEnders team again, as it has always been very close to my heart. I cannot wait to work with my old colleagues and see what is in store for Sharon."

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "I'm thrilled that Letitia is coming back home to Albert Square where she belongs. Sharon is a real favourite amongst EastEnders' fans and I for one can't wait until she arrives back in the summer."

Sharon - the adopted daughter of Den and Angie Watts - was one of EastEnders' original characters when the programme launched in 1985.

Over the years, fans have seen her at the centre of an explosive love triangle with Mitchell brothers Phil and Grant, take the helm of the Queen Vic as landlady and endure the tragedy of Dennis's death.

Storyline details for Sharon's return to Walford are currently being kept under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ Why would she return though no family or friends left perhaps only Ian but were they really that close :rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ Why would she return though no family or friends left perhaps only Ian but were they really that close :rolleyes:

well there ian and bianca and mandy alfie she knew all them b4 she must want a cash top up

dont caree after losing peggy and R.I.P PAT nice ot have here back

hope they tie her down to a 2 years contract and let her in the pub again

plus wnt her child be like be 11 or 12 years old now ? she was pregant when she left with dennis baby b4 he died

well there ian and bianca and mandy alfie she knew all them b4 she must want a cash top up

dont caree after losing peggy and R.I.P PAT nice ot have here back

plus wnt her child be like be 11 or 12 years old now ? she was pregant when she left with dennis baby b4 he died

Oh yes forgot about baby Dennis or Denise (what had she again :confused:)

I hated Sharon with Phil, didnt mind her with Grant or Dennis

EE should try and get Nigel Harman back as Dennis's twin brother :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

if she was pregnant when she left in 2006 wouldn't child be 6?

d1975 wrote: »
    if she was pregnant when she left in 2006 wouldn't child be 6?

:eek: it was 2006 wow i thought it was in 2000 she left oh yea we dont had do we ? i tihkn she has a boy and called him dennis

NEVER liked that story , incestuous relationships are non condone-able

What happened with Michael and Derek?

It is a shame that
    Ben kills Heather, they have a nice sweet friendship and I cant understand why he will

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What happened with Michael and Derek?

It is a shame that
    Ben kills Heather, they have a nice sweet friendship and I cant understand why he will
    I didn't understand that either, why did Michael go to see Derek and ask him to leave his brothers alone? as if Derek would have said ok then:rolleyes: when Michael was at the door and he hadn't shown his face fully to Derek he looked like there was a tear in his eye and his nose looked wet like he had been crying. I don't get it Derek got the money owed off Janine so why beat Michael up, did he know he grassed on him?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

casio4 wrote: »
    I didn't understand that either, why did Michael go to see Derek and ask him to leave his brothers alone? as if Derek would have said ok then:rolleyes: when Michael was at the door and he hadn't shown his face fully to Derek he looked like there was a tear in his eye and his nose looked wet like he had been crying. I don't get it Derek got the money owed off Janine so why beat Michael up, did he know he grassed on him?:confused:

I could be waaay off but I don't think
    Derek just beat the crap out of Michael. The tear when he first appeared, the crying when he was on the floor, the way Derek said "old school" I think there was sex involved. Michael offered himself to protect his brothers not knowing that the debt had been repayed. Derek used to bully Michael as a child, I reckon he abused him too.

Again, I could be miles off but it seemed like there was more to it than a hiding.

believe it or not i thought the exact same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh I hope ye wrong, I'd find that way to upsetting to watch and unfold.
    But it does make (twisted) sense.

I think Michael is a great actor, if a damaged character, with a teeny tiny waist when his coats is buttoned up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

sue z wrote: »
    RE: Jane, I dont know about any1 else, but there's no way I'd leave my best friend if she was battling cancer.. not to mention my adopted son..?
    It's always going to be a bit unrealistic to write people out of a soap if they have a husband/kids/close friends. I too, would never be able to walk away from a sick friend but I suppose they didn't have a choice. I hope they write Tania a nice new friend. :)
    I hope so. It really grinds my gears when they highly publicise bringing back a former character and the person only stays for a few episodes. That's more 'guest appearance' than 'returning to the show' really. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

I felt physically ill and so sad after the last two scenes between Michael and Derek last night. There were very dark undertones and the whole thing was extremely sinister. Straight away I thought Derek had raped Michael. In fact Eastenders did every well to put those two scenes together and portray such a shocking event without actually showing it. If it was just a beating I don't know why they wouldn't have shown Derek take a swing at Michael. In fact they didn't show anything at all only Michael crying with a bloody nose and Derek panting heavily and fixing his pants and his hair and didn't he say something like 'as much as I enjoyed that...' It was very chilling IMO. I personally don't think it was just a beating. Those two scenes were carefully planned and executed by the Eastenders production and if a lot of people got the impression that Derek raped Michael then I think that's exactly what they were trying to portray.

If Derek is and was sexually abusing Michael for a long time then it would explain why Michael is so scared of Derek considering he is such a hard man himself.

It will be interesting to see where they go with this storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

neveah wrote: »
    I felt physically ill and so sad after the last two scenes between Michael and Derek last night. There were very dark undertones and the whole thing was extremely sinister. Straight away I thought Derek had raped Michael. In fact Eastenders did every well to put those two scenes together and portray such a shocking event without actually showing it. If it was just a beating I don't know why they wouldn't have shown Derek take a swing at Michael. In fact they didn't show anything at all only Michael crying with a bloody nose and Derek panting heavily and fixing his pants and his hair and didn't he say something like 'as much as I enjoyed that...' It was very chilling IMO. I personally don't think it was just a beating. Those two scenes were carefully planned and executed by the Eastenders production and if a lot of people got the impression that Derek raped Michael then I think that's exactly what they were trying to portray.

If Derek is and was sexually abusing Michael for a long time then it would explain why Michael is so scared of Derek considering he is such a hard man himself.

Im sorry i read this now brrrrr.

neveah wrote: »

Michael is really terrified of Derek and Michael did seem to bound with Ronnie who too was abused

I find the way Derek is over his sister Carol also disturbing she too could be a past victim of him

Wow I didn't pick up on it last night but now that I read your feedback it does make sense, sadly...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Ahhww, i think all the above(refering to derek/michael) is right. Sad tho. But it would just make so much sense. Michael is an odd ball as it is, and they dont (usually) have someone in a soap act as strangely as him without giving some sort of reason or background at some stage. Also, remember the stuff that derek said to carol about why he hated david? That daviid put bad ideas and stories into dereks girlfriends head. Well i know i, for one, thougt that was weird at the time. I remember thinking 'is that all??' like i really thought there would have been a better explanation as to why there was so much hatred between the two. Well maybe david knew what derek was up to (ie. The abuse, if its true) and told the girlfriend? That would certainely make more sense. Also think derek has a strange hold over carol, so maybe if there is an abuse story in the pipelines, she will come out as one of the victims? Tbh the scene where michael comes to derek at the arches an hasa tear in his eye (there was defo a tear!) and then it goes off to something else and comes back and dereks panting, micahels on the ground...well i thought that was odd at the time and was wondering why the didnt show the beating, if thats all it was. Well now after reading the above and thinking about it, i am sure there was more to it. Definatley! Such a sad story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The actor that plays Ben gets quite a bit of stick on here but of all the young actors they have Id say he is definitely one of the better ones. The line about the old Ben that dances still being inside him made me laugh out loud, it sounded as if he had eaten that younger dorky Ben.

Also never thought of the Michael/Derek scene from a couple of nights ago as a potential rape, pretty interesting observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

I really don't think that Carol will come out as one of Dereks victims of abuse. True there was a weird vibe between the 2 of them, but I think it was largely due to Dereks tendency to over-act. If Derek used to abuse Carol she is the type of person who would hate him for it and I dont think she'd be capable of being as nice to him as she has been...?

Roxy and Jack
    sleep together next week

Roxy and Jack
    sleep together next week

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Hi guys, haven't been on in a long time but went googling after I watched a week of eastenders this evening. The first thing I thought when I saw that scene with Derek and Michael was that there was something more sinister like rape involved. Seems I wasn't the only one who picked up on it, and that would say to me that eastenders is doing what they do best. I have a feeling that Tanya's sister rainie knows something aswell, I remember he made a reference to her not looking as young and innocent as she did when he last saw her at Tanya and maxes wedding. This could well explain her alcohol dependency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The actor that plays Ben gets quite a bit of stick on here but of all the young actors they have Id say he is definitely one of the better ones. The line about the old Ben that dances still being inside him made me laugh out loud, it sounded as if he had eaten that younger dorky Ben.

Also never thought of the Michael/Derek scene from a couple of nights ago as a potential rape, pretty interesting observation.

I thought that line was genius too:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement