Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn, I could murder a curry right now. Seriously. Chicken tikka masala, basmati rice and a garlic and coriander naan bread. OM NOM NOM NOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'll send Hardy Eustace in to sort you lot out, she is on a real healthy eating buzz right now. I've spent all day refereeing a triathlon and I'm exhausted. Am I the only grown up who wants to go to bed before 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Damn, I could murder a curry right now. Seriously. Chicken tikka masala, basmati rice and a garlic and coriander naan bread. OM NOM NOM NOM.

That's wot the missus just had, bar the naan. Go for it you won't regret it, plenty of complex carbs for the lsr tomorrow aswell, although plenty of chilis aswell, hmmm, could go either way really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I wouldn't mind an early night either. Just ate 2 dinners (thats what happens when the kids don't eat theirs!) so a snooze would be just the thing. No curry house down here, so home cooking all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I would totally be going to bed before 9pm if I hadn't slept all day already lol

I decided on spring rolls, special fried rice and chips.
    Oooh just saw a trailer for The Hangover.... Looks good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

is that a race?
    Yep - Raheny Mid-Summers
    I've just savaged a jal frezi with onion bhaji and poppadums.
    mmmm yum
    I think it was your good self who posted the recipe for the dhal, I'm yet to try that, but it would defo b the better option over takeaway.
    That's what I had tonight ;) - watching my wife tucking into a nice bottle of wine now - while I sip my Ribena :(

I'll send Hardy Eustace in to sort you lot out, she is on a real healthy eating buzz right now. I've spent all day refereeing a triathlon and I'm exhausted. Am I the only grown up who wants to go to bed before 9pm?

Just got the Anita bean book today, I'm telling ya, I'm gonna sort out the nutrition side aswell for the 18 week dcm programme, I notice there plenty of recipes in there for Indian type cuisine, and muffins, love my muffins I do, and actually guaranteed to b good for you if they contain the superfood blueberries, so u can eat all the blueberry muffins u want ; )

(voice over) this is not a guarantee

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Am I the only grown up who wants to go to bed before 9pm?

I had a one hour power nap at 5 before going out for my run. We're athletes we need our sleep, no matter what time of the day it is. :D

Am I the only grown up who wants to go to bed before 9pm?
    Certainly the opposite of me... *points to Nocturnal Forum tag in sig*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

haha could be worse i suppose to be a young person full of energy (aged 20) and i slept in morning run had a two hour nap at three and would have been at bed at nine if i could have as it is had to settle for half eleven haha

• Advertisement

I hope you're not saying the rest of us are old ecoli :eek:

Diet ****ed. Dominos Meal Deal for one for dinner... at 11pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Ski-ing in June :eek: where, Brazil?

I'll be in New Zealand skiing for about three months. :D:D:D

...or did I mention that already?

robinph wrote: »
    I'll be in New Zealand skiing for about three months. :D:D:D

...or did I mention that already?

Can I come? :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can I come? :(

Not a whole lot of room in the luggage for stowaways really, unless you can fit in a ski bag?

Not a whole lot of room in the luggage for stowaways really, unless you can fit in a ski bag?

I'm only little, I should be good to fit.

I hope you're not saying the rest of us are old ecoli :eek:

haha of course not not a reference to the boardies haha thou if i feel this bad at twenty i not looking foward till forty

I hate Mondays :(

I took a half day today. Half days make working so much better.

I took my half day on Friday .... DOH!!

• Advertisement

is asked to swap my evening shift for a morning shift yesterday said no. Thinking back if i had took it i would be off at four rather than getting ready to start an eight hour shift now at three DOH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

anyone go to slane? was it as bad as reported . drunkeness/ overcrowded/lack of toilets/queues/ lack of bus/taxis/ badly organised ? im not talking bout the music btw.

I've only heard what's being said by others. the general outcome seems to have been that the majority of people who went have said that they won't be going again! Walking for 3 miles to get buses seems to have been a big issue. Apparently it just wasn't very well organised at all.

I hate Tuesdays..... Almost mid week but not quite...it sucks :(

I thought slane we always like that, I was only there once in 1998 for the verve and it was the very same, you know what to expect going there. Bus parks miles away and u end walking miles back.

I've only heard what's being said by others. the general outcome seems to have been that the majority of people who went have said that they won't be going again! Walking for 3 miles to get buses seems to have been a big issue. Apparently it just wasn't very well organised at all.

I hate Tuesdays..... Almost mid week but not quite...it sucks :(

you sound like my kind of (munster) gal, I hate Mondays and Tuesdays aswell, in fact I'm only happy when it gets to about thursday afternoon, shouldn't be wishing my life away like that, I will need all those mons and Tues for training :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I thought slane we always like that, I was only there once in 1998 for the verve and it was the very same, you know what to expect going there. Bus parks miles away and u end walking miles back.

Thank you. I was also at that gig and also went to see U2 and all the things that are being complained about now were also problems then. That is why I would never go back to Slane even if I was given a free ticket. I would have to be airlifted in and out before even considering

Maybe the age profile of the Oasis crowd has led to them being more vocal bout their complaints ? I'm guessing the majority of the crowd were in their late 20s to mid 30s versus normal Slane audiences who would be in their early 20s !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Are all concerts in fields not a bit like that? I mean, I've never been at Slane but I've been at stuff in the grounds of Malahide castle, at Oxygen (back when it was witness) and also electric picnic and it's always a hike to the buses and car parks from the actual venue, and its always madess the first day with the tickets and security etc....

Slane, meh.

I'm off to a proper music event in a field today, will get there early tomorrow, drink lots of cider, and hopefully leave sometime on Monday if we can manage to get the campervan out of the mud. I should really check who's playing properly at some point as well, but there is bound to be something worth seeing in that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Who would have though that having a concet miles from anywhere on a small country road withthousands of people would cause problems....... its been part of it for year and years now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I should really check who's playing
    Jarvis Cocker, East 17 and Björn Again. Wow, the recession is really kicking in. Better drink lots of cider. :)

Advertisement