Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Also I am the worlds best girlfriend- I bought my boyfriend a helicopter flying lesson for his 30th and we went to Cork for it yesterday. It was fantastic- they allowed me and my daughter to come along for the flight too. Totally rocked.

Went to John Buckley's while I was in Cork and got kitted out for another while. Brilliant service, cant recommend them enough.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just a quick one for the ladies: Lifestyle in the Jervis centre has Shock Absorber bras for a fiver at the moment... Got one yesterday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Why just the ladies? If I don't get back properly training again soon my moobs will need support...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭runningman1980

Why just the ladies? If I don't get back properly training again soon my moobs will need support...
    If you put your moderator hat back on, you may end up banning yourself through sexist or weight issue complaints

I'm sure they'd fit delightfully :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Oh to be back in La Zenia lying on the beach drinking cocktails instead of stuck in the office :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

bloody midges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

bloody midges.

+1 Nearly got eaten alive last night... Was only when I got home that I noticed the bites :(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

the Boards.ie singlet makes an appearance on run direct running mag !! (if you can divert your eyes its located between the 'babes'.) looking good ,and so is the singlet.

so who is it wearing the singlet?

uglyjohn wrote: »
    so who is it wearing the singlet?

Em... It's been mentioned once or twice that it's robinph with his babes.

• Advertisement

xebec wrote: »
    Em... It's been mentioned once or twice that it's robinph with his babes.

thanks, i probably should have bothered reading back a bit..

uglyjohn wrote: »
    thanks, i probably should have bothered reading back a bit..

No worries, not sure it was mentioned on this thread anyways, but I get the feeling he's quite proud of the picture :cool:

xebec wrote: »
    No worries, not sure it was mentioned on this thread anyways, but I get the feeling he's quite proud of the picture :cool:

i would be too :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My appearance in Run Direct got mentioned to me at the BHAA race last night. :D

Actually, they may have been mentioning the ladies in the picture and wondering what was I doing in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

robinph wrote: »
    .....wondering what was I doing in the background.

Some would descibe it as slobbering...;)

Munster Supporters Club Membership is renewed :D- season ticket for Thomond Park has been purchased :D- Heineken Cup 09/10 draw has been completed :D- The wait for the 09/10 season begins...... It's gonna be a long summer without the boys in red :rolleyes:

And to top it off there's only 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy left to be shown on RTE....

Between all that and the R :eek:

With any luck my next run won't be as tough as last nights and I'll be able to build up an addiction for running over the summer to substitute my addiction to watchin men on the TV :P (mmmmmmm McSteamy and Jerry Flannery!!)

up in dub for a week or so beginning of july. was gonna ask any good training parks near dundrum?

or any races then i spotted that the farmleigh 5k is on in the park. anyone do this before ? is it very crowded? ta

hope it rains like hell this evening............ i HATE those bloddy midges and i mean swarms and swarms................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

up in dub for a week or so beginning of july. was gonna ask any good training parks near dundrum?

or any races then i spotted that the farmleigh 5k is on in the park. anyone do this before ? is it very crowded? ta

I was looking at this as well as I'll be in Dublin that weekend. I think €20 is rather steep for a 5k though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Marley is fairly near Dundrum isn't it? Ask Woddle and he'll send you a speed session to do there :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

oh and this is the off topic thread so no talk of "R". Why you visiting Dublin HE?:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

hope it rains like hell this evening............ i HATE those bloddy midges and i mean swarms and swarms................

One word my friend :- Deet

ml15a.jpg

I'm glad I have the treadmill and I'm not being eaten alive by the midges!
    HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Anyone else bored this evening? Planning an 11 miler tomorrow (my first :eek:) and seem to be making a great fist of "carbo-loading" :eek: this evening....so far in the last 2.5 hours:
    -slice of ginger cake
    -cadbury's ice cream cone :P
    -2 mallow buns
    -1 bag of crisps

Any wonder I need to go out and run :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jellies are my big weakness, I always tell everyone "I'm a long distance runner, I needs my glucose" :D

Stop! Next thing I'll be jumping in my car.....sorry no, running of course to the shop for a bag of jelly tots!

I think I've done enough damage :D already feeling slightly sick :o

McConkey wrote: »
    Anyone else bored this evening? Planning an 11 miler tomorrow (my first :eek:) and seem to be making a great fist of "carbo-loading" :eek: this evening....so far in the last 2.5 hours:
    -slice of ginger cake
    -cadbury's ice cream cone :P
    -2 mallow buns
    -1 bag of crisps

Any wonder I need to go out and run :(

Good luck with the long run! I wish I was getting out for a decent one tomorrow, should have been 11 miles too, but physio won't let me go over 8 before my half, and I need to go short tomorrow to try and break in my new shoes. Couldn't go today because I'm trying to defend the house from a mob of rampaging 16 year olds...

I approve of the carbo-loading though, anything which involves Cadbury's and ice cream in the one product is good :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Whats the injury RK? Have you done anything since you were at physio?

Had a niggle in my knee last Tuesday, went to physio on Thursday. Looks like just a spot of runner's knee, probably my own fault for taking the buzz from Cork and (literally) running with it, increasing my mileage too fast. Turns out my shoes were knackered too, I probably should have replaced my Kayanos about 50 miles ago. I ran 3 miles on Thursday, was supposed to do 5 today (need to break in some brand new Kayano 15s too) but wasn't able to get out due to having to supervise a party which I was NOT warned about ><

• Advertisement

Just back from reading your log RK....prob should have waited 5 min! You poor thing...been there with the physio and the inserts :(

Try to take it easy anyway....I tore my arch the last time I upped the milage/pace too fast and I still feel them a bit sore now and then after long runs so there must be something in the 10% increase theory :( Hope you are feeling better soon.

On the other hand, how did your few days in Galway go?:)

Advertisement