Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Will this day ever end.....
    Even with the boss gone it's totally dragging. And my shopping impulses got the better of me. Just bought an external hard drive for myself and a Garmin 205 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

How about a Thursday afternoon joke?

The Tesco Greeter:

A very loud, greasy, unattractive, tattooed, welfare dependent, chav,
    minger, woman wearing a Man United top walked into Tesco in Tallaght
    with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

The Tesco greeter said pleasantly, 'Good morning madam, and welcome to
    Tesco
    Nice children you have there. Are they twins by any chance?'

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'F*ck no, they're
    Not bleeding twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7.
    Why the f*ck would you think they're twins? Are you blind, thick or just
    stupid?'

'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Madam,'replied the greeter. 'I just
    couldn't believe you've been shagged twice.

Have a good day, and thank you for shopping at Tesco.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Cheers colblimp, that's put a smile back on my face after what has been a very crappy day at work - damn annual reviews and being bottom of the pile... (Not my fault though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Just bought an external hard drive for myself and a Garmin 205 :rolleyes:

My garmin 305 dies last night. Did someone mention there is a new one coming out 310? Anyone know anything about it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My garmin 305 dies last night. Did someone mention there is a new one coming out 310? Anyone know anything about it?

310XT, would be ideal for you as it's waterproof as well, aimed towards triathletes, you can switch from sport to sport including timing your transitions etc at the push of the button. It looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

20 Hour battery life, that might just outlast one of your training sessions. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

Probably a compromise - the Ultra trail du Mont Blanc. Long enough for me to feel it's properly tough, but not a multi-day stink fest.

Nice... very nice indeed :D

Michael Jackson had a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ugh, this whole moving house thing is turning into a huge head**** :-/

Michael Jackson is reported to have died!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^^ Yeah, just saw a few tweets about it. RIP if it's true...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Michael Jackson is reported to have died!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Does anyone care? :pac:

Not about Jackson, but Farrah Fawcett died of cancer tonight - that really is sad...

I care. I love MJ.
    Total freak to be honest. But one of the greatest artists of all time!

They're trying to figure out what caused Michael Jacksons heart attack... so far they've ruled out the sunshine, moonlight, and good times... doctors think it might have been the boogie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

The first album I ever bought was Bad. This news makes me a little bit sad. Michael Jackson RIP. You were the king of pop even though the cheese slid off your cracker years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Yep, one of my fav artists. Very Sad. Grew up with Motown on TV in my house. Yes he was weird (what superstar isn't after 40 years of a career) however he was still human and a brilliant talent.
    R.I.P

MCOS wrote: »
    Yep, one of my fav artists. Very Sad. Grew up with Motown on TV in my house. Yes he was weird (what superstar isn't after 40 years of a career) however he was still human and a brilliant talent.
    R.I.P

+1 even shed a tear this morning watching the news. I'm actually devastated! Waiting for work to finish so I can pull out my CD's :(

Just had a 30 min telephone interview for a sales coordinator position in Galway and I've been invited to the assessment day on the 7th July :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The weekend has just arrived - my last call is finished - I've just put my gear for the Kicoole 6k and giving the T5's their 1st outing :D and then I'm looking fwd to a few pints chasing the Lions 2moro and then my wedding anniversary on Sunday - pretty diverse weekend!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Wow, Munster_Gal is famous!

Wow, Munster_Gal is famous!

WOO HOO My time has come. Bring on the millions lol :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Just heard that the father of one of the kids in my boys class... a lad in his early 30s.. who I saw and saluted this morning at the young lads football blitz... was killed in a car crash this afternoon on the Blessington road. A lovely guy, with a lovely wife and 3 young kids with their life ahead of them and now this. Puts things into perspective.

Jesus that's awful..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Its a reality check for the things in life we all take for granted. Enjoy the moment.. you just don't know whats around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

That's terrible, especially so having a young family. As you say, we never know what's coming for us, appreciate the here and now.

RIP

That is truly horrific, especially given the age of the poor man. And I feel for his family, 3 kids - so, so sad. It puts my pathetic running injuries into perspective...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

colblimp wrote: »
    That is truly horrific, especially given the age of the poor man. And I feel for his family, 3 kids - so, so sad. It puts my pathetic running injuries into perspective...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

It's hard what to to say when you hear news such as this. It does put things in perspective and makes us think of the important things in life. After reading this news running isn't one of them at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

That's awful and especially tough for his family. My best wishes to them. Didn't see this till now, and as a man in his early 30s who just drove up and down that road today I thank whoever that my own journey was uneventful.

Advertisement