Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Galway was fun! I was only there for the one night, and I was on my own, but I still enjoyed it. I managed to head down on the hottest day of the year, so it was still warm when I was walking around the Volvo Ocean Race village late at night :) Interview went fine, still waiting to hear back though. In a way, I kinda hope I get this job, because a close friend of mine is heading to NUI Galway in September to do her MA, and it'd be handy to get an apartment with her.

I also discovered Wa Cafe while I was there, which has rather nice Japanese food at a relatively cheap price, and rather hot waiting staff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Oh noooo....you should have got in touch and we'd have taken you around town for beers :) Next time! Could have put you up....couch surfing for A/R/T Boardsies is not a prob :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

WOW Looking for Eric is a great movie - go see it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

christeb wrote: »

I'd rather not watch anything with that yoke in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

a close friend of mine is heading to NUI Galway in September to do her MA

I had to read this one twice - sometimes a full stop can go a long way :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Damn, that's what I should have done last night - would have kept me away from the drink.
    I'd rather not watch anything with that yoke in it.

One of my all time childhood heros... not quite of Thundercats hero status though! I had a goldfish called Eric and have sworn that my first born, boy or girl, shall be named Eric!

Had a great day yesterday, 20k run under the belt before 10:30.
    The OH was heading to 'Take That' - so to compensate for 'running widow syndrome' she went to meet the Girlies @ 11.
    So me and kids headed for Bray Seafront and spent the afternoon, eating chips, climbing Bray Head and playing in the Amuzements. This was followed by a 'camp in' when we put the tent up in the sitting room and got the sleeping bags out :D - doesn't get much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Had a great day yesterday, 20k run under the belt before 10:30.
    The OH was heading to 'Take That' - so to compensate for 'running widow syndrome' she went to meet the Girlies @ 11.
    So me and kids headed for Bray Seafront and spent the afternoon, eating chips, climbing Bray Head and playing in the Amuzements. This was followed by a 'camp in' when we put the tent up in the sitting room and got the sleeping bags out :D - doesn't get much better!

Sounds like a gem of a day alright :)

I just decided to relive my childhood and make rice krispie buns :D
    Soooooo good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Oh the weekend is here at long last..... And I'm finishing work at 2pm :D
    Do people have plans for the weekend? I plan on downing one (or several) bottle of wine while having a girlie catch up followed my much screaming at the TV tomorrow for the Lions game and my final pre marathon training run on Sunday....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Oh the weekend is here at long last..... And I'm finishing work at 2pm :D
    Do people have plans for the weekend? I plan on downing one (or several) bottle of wine while having a girlie catch up followed my much screaming at the TV tomorrow for the Lions game and my final pre marathon training run on Sunday....

Training then the zoo. i dunno what fascination there is for girl and the zoo but then again will never understand the mind of this women haha. back in time for the European team chamionships and then off to santry in the evening for the Dublin Senior T&F Championships. all and all a busy day with loads of athletics though will probably have to pay for indulging in so much come sunday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Staying sober all weekend, 5 a side tonight (please God no injuries!) and going to Merrion Sq tomorrow to check out these street performer chappies. Looks like sunshine all the way!

I have to try and coerce my siblings into actually cleaning up the house, and to stop smoking indoors! This is NOT going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

going to the zoo zoo zoo,,on sun,,family day out:P,,musn't forget the teddy bears:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My plan for the weekend in no particular order is watch the Grand Prix, pack for Glastonbury, pack for skiing, not do any running as I have now "retired" for the winter season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday (9), so a family party tomorrow, and screaming girly party on Sunday. Will try and fit in a long cycle, and a long run, and hopefully work in a few pints at some stage (but not the night before the screaming girly party).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday (9), so a family party tomorrow, and screaming girly party on Sunday. Will try and fit in a long cycle, and a long run, and hopefully work in a few pints at some stage (but not the night before the screaming girly party).
    Well i'll run after work, then have a night out tonight but going to stay away from drink as I want to race on sunday,
    but havent been out in months so might be hard and take some abuse from work mates if i'm on OJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

i see on dub marathon website free copy of irish runner being given if you email your postal address to editor@irishrunner.ie !!! mention marathon offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

Staying sober all weekend, 5 a side tonight (please God no injuries!) and going to Merrion Sq tomorrow to check out these street performer chappies. Looks like sunshine all the way!
    I highly recommend this to anyone with a few hours over the weekend. I've been a couple of years and maybe it's just the kind of thing I like but they've always impressed me. I don't know if they're doing an evening show this year but they had one on the Friday and Saturday in the little green behind Dublin Castle and that was great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

jlang wrote: »
    I highly recommend this to anyone with a few hours over the weekend. I've been a couple of years and maybe it's just the kind of thing I like but they've always impressed me. I don't know if they're doing an evening show this year but they had one on the Friday and Saturday in the little green behind Dublin Castle and that was great too.

Runs till about 8pm each night by the looks of it... Saw some of the pics from Cork earlier in the month and it looks like great fun, gonna check it out tomorrow after the Lions game. More info here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

leaving work now at 4, woohoo, gonna do my 5.7 mile route then in the sun, then I'm gonna go for a few pints. I'll just chill for the rest of the weekend, might bring the young fella swimming or summit, I'll do a long run on Sunday all going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Anyone know what time on sunday the street performance thing finishes? Forgot all about t and wanna go have a look

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No more work till monday good times.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

ecoli wrote: »
    Anyone know what time on sunday the street performance thing finishes? Forgot all about t and wanna go have a look

http://www.spwc.ie/dublin/dublin.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

robinph wrote: »
    My plan for the weekend in no particular order is watch the Grand Prix, pack for Glastonbury, pack for skiing, not do any running as I have now "retired" for the winter season.

Ski-ing in June :eek: where, Brazil?

Hangovers :(:(:(

Hangovers :(:(:(
    +1

been eating my way through the day

+1

I'm just browsing the takeaway menu at the moment lol

+1

Trying to be good - 5k in the morning - could do with a pint after the Cats beat the Tribe :(

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Trying to be good - 5k in the morning - could do with a pint after the Cats beat the Tribe :(

is that a race? Best of luck if it is, yeah I've just savaged a jal frezi with onion bhaji and poppadums. I think it was your good self who posted the recipe for the dhal, I'm yet to try that, but it would defo b the better option over takeaway.

Munster gal, enjoy what ever u decide to go for, mmmmm love my takeaways from local curry house

Advertisement