Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

Anyone looking to join a tag rugby team in Cork City for the upcoming season? Me and a few friends are looking to make up a team

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Hi all, wondering if you can give me some pointers. I'm living in Clare and looking to start playing tag rugby. To join a team where do I go/who do I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Hi Roseym.
    Try either ITRA tag or here IRFU tag.

It looks like the ITRA tag might be your best option, as they have a league in Ennis, but I dont see one for Clare that is run by the IRFU.

You will need €685 to join the ITRA league, so its best if you can go through the company you work for, as they might have a Sports&Social club that you can get some money from. I got most of the €685 from my company.

Hope this helps.

P.S. You better move fast as the leagues are starting to fill up fairly quick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Nermal

Any C-standard teams in Dublin want to get together for a friendly?

Nermal wrote: »
    Sent you a PM. My team is in the mixed C2 league. Prefer meeting up in Bushy Park in Terenure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Nermal wrote: »
    theKramer wrote: »
    Sent you a PM. My team is in the mixed C2 league. Prefer meeting up in Bushy Park in Terenure.

Ditto. PMs sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Nermal

Pter wrote: »
    Ditto. PMs sent

Replied - thanks guys. Any other teams looking to set something up in the first two weeks of May just let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

Any C league team in south dublin feel like a friendly in the next week or so? PM if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

The only official IRFU Tag Rugby programme in County Wexford returns this summer to Enniscorthy RFC and it promises to be bigger and better than last years successful season.
    The season kicks off on Thusday 27th May and runs until finals night on Sat 31st July. Prior to this, there will be 2 "Try Tag for Free" nights on Thursday 13th & 20th May

Tag really is "A Game if Two Halves" and the social aspect is pivotal to the success in Enniscorthy RFC. Enniscorthy's Tag Thursday's and the Apres Tag events are hugely popular not just for the players but also friends and supporters.Every Thursday night music is pumping out and the BBQ is sizzling while players enjoy their games
    Apres Tag in Enniscorthy last season saw a Comedy night, table quiz, race night, Salsa dancing, Wii Games night as well as the legendary end of season Party! This season will include live music and a good old fashioned Ceili!

Beginners are welcome and vital! No experience of rugby is required or necessary!
    Don't have a team and still want to play? No Problem!
    We'll put you together with other players in a similiar position

For more information check out www.irfutag.ie or email info@enniscorthyrugby.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eamnn

Hi,

We have a tag rugby team and we want to train in bushy park. We some time have problems making up the numbers. If you train in bushy park send on your details. We have been playing 2 years now so we know how to play. So if ur a new team or already play contact me thanks.

Eamonn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Anybody know of any good one day tag blitz coming up in Dublin in the next few weeks/months?

Hi.
    We are a mixed C-grade team. The summer league we are involved in starts next Thursday (May 6th).

Is anyone available for a practice game on Tuesday evening (May 4th) in Bushy Park around 7pm?

Id love to get one more practice game in :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hi all,

we're about to start the summer league in UCD on Tuesday week. We're hoping to get a proper game in before we start though. We're a beginners team but have done a little bit of training.

If anyone fancies a game in UCD on Tuesday 04th PM me.

Cheers,
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Tallaght RFC will be hosting IRFU Bud Light Tag Rugby again this summer.

We will be holding the first of our Open Nights on Thursday 6th of May at 19.00 in The Postal on Kiltippe Road. If anyone is interested in trying Tag Rugby please come along, all are welcome whether you have a team or not come along.

Tag is a great way of getting active and having a bit of fun also.

columok wrote: »
    Anybody know of any good one day tag blitz coming up in Dublin in the next few weeks/months?
    Just got this in a mail from Tagrugby.ie:
    Pre-Season Tag Blitz - UCD Thurs 6th May from 18:00 - 21:00
    Lots of short, fast games. Ideal preparation for Summer League. €130 per team
    To register, go to www.tagrugby.ie or call us on 01 2020100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Thanks Anton,

Was looking for ideally a saturday all day jobbie so myself and fellow crossfitters can see if fitness makes up for total and absolute lack of rugby skills!

Colum

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭mike2084

Do they have any league in Kerry, preferably North of the county

Do they have any league in Kerry, preferably North of the county
    I dont see anything official, like Tagrugby.ie or Irishrugby.ie/tag

It looks like your best bet is to contact some of the local rugby clubs, especially the big ones like Tralee rugby club.

They have tag. If thats not near you, then find one of the big clubs that is and ask them. I've done all that hard work for ya ;)

Here is a list of clubs in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

If any fellas are looking for a tag team in Ennis, we need more men! PM me if you're interested or else just turn up at the Fairgreen in Ennis at 7pm on Tues or Thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LF55

Grade C team looking for friendly in Herbert Pk Ballsbridge next Tues eve 11th May.
    PM me if anyone interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Anyone in the Tallaght area looking for a team come along to Tallaght RFC Try Tag for Free tomorrow (Thursday 6th May) in the Postal Club, Kiltipper Road at 19.00.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭mike2084

I dont see anything official, like Tagrugby.ie or Irishrugby.ie/tag

It looks like your best bet is to contact some of the local rugby clubs, especially the big ones like Tralee rugby club.

They have tag. If thats not near you, then find one of the big clubs that is and ask them. I've done all that hard work for ya ;)

Here is a list of clubs in Kerry

Thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LF55

Players needed!!!

Mixed Grade C team need players, guys and girls, for league in Irishtown Stadium starting Tues 1st June.

Anyone interested PM me.

Practice next Tues eve in Herbert Pk

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Hi Guys..

Based in Firhouse and looking for a tag rugby team to play with. Played a couple of games last year but due to work I couldn't commit. I've alot more free time on my hands now and would really love to get back into it. Can travel within reason. If any southside teams are looking for a female player please let me know!!!!

:)

@eyesore - definately would have gone up if i saw your post sooner. Was there a possibility of joining a playing team at the end of the night or was it just to get people to submit their own teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hi Guys..

Based in Firhouse and looking for a tag rugby team to play with. Played a couple of games last year but due to work I couldn't commit. I've alot more free time on my hands now and would really love to get back into it. Can travel within reason. If any southside teams are looking for a female player please let me know!!!!

Sign yourself up as a free agent to one of the leagues that will be starting during the summer. All players who are free agents are set up with a team who need players :)

Bryn wrote: »
    Sign yourself up as a free agent to one of the leagues that will be starting during the summer. All players who are free agents are set up with a team who need players :)

yea i signed up at tagrugby.ie but theres no guarantee they'll get you a team and i've not heard anything yet!

yea i signed up at tagrugby.ie but theres no guarantee they'll get you a team and i've not heard anything yet!
    Have a read of this thread and PM this guy who is looking for girls for his tag rugby team.

Have a read of this thread and PM this guy who is looking for girls for his tag rugby team.

Thanks kramer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eamnn

Hi Guys..

@eyesore - definately would have gone up if i saw your post sooner. Was there a possibility of joining a playing team at the end of the night or was it just to get people to submit their own teams?
    Hey. we are short girls. Playing Mixed Grade C. Training this tuesday at 7pm in bushy Park. We are just playing for fun and have a few girls that are beginners, so dont worry if u havent played or dont know the rules. PM me if u want to play and ill send on my mobile number.

Eamonn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Hey guys,

Am part of a tag rugby team based in Cork city. Our league is starting next week and we're looking for another beginner team who would be interested in playing a practice match early next week. Some of us have played before but we have a good few players who have never played a proper match before.

If anyone is interested in a casual practice match please drop me a pm.

Cheers!

Advertisement