Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Enniscorthy RFC "Tinsel Tag" Blitz, Mon Dec 28th 6.00pm, Astro Active, Enniscorthy
    Will you have had enough of Turkey, crackers, and the in laws by the Bank Holiday on the 28th?
    Blow away the Christmas cobwebs and stretch the legs with a few games of Tag before the new year.
    Mulled Wine, Soup and Sandwiches will be served upstairs. In addition, for one evening only the complex will be a “BYO” venue!
    This means you can bring your own bottle of beer or wine while you watch
    the games from the upstairs viewing gallery.
    Why not get your Bud Light Tag Team back to together for a Christmas reunion? Alternatively if you are new to the game just turn up and we’ll allocate you to a team. Beginners are more than welcome!
    The Astro Turf surface also means there is no risk of the pitch being unplayable!
    Teams will comprise 7 players with a minimum of 3 female players. Matches will be 15 minutes long and all teams will play at least 3 games
    The cost for the evening is just €10 per person.
    For more info please contact
    Dave Ryan 087 6277099 or
    email info@enniscorthyrugby.com

http://www.irishrugby.ie/15369_19287.php

[IMG][/img]TinselTagPoster.jpg__________________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Just to let you know, we went live with our Tag registrations for 2010 today.
    Teams can be booked in on www.irfutag.ie

(Mods, if this is seen as a no-no to advertise here please let me know and I'll remove if necessary)

Cheers.
    Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Can't believe its the start of all the Tag organising again!! Where does the time go??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Big difference between the IRFU costs, €550, and the ITRA costs, €690, in Dublin anyway. Bit of a rip off from ITRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Justind wrote: »
    Just to let you know, we went live with our Tag registrations for 2010 today.
    Teams can be booked in on www.irfutag.ie

(Mods, if this is seen as a no-no to advertise here please let me know and I'll remove if necessary)

Cheers.
    Justin.

I see you have got Marys back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Hi,

Maybe im in the wrong spot but here goes. Basically im looking to either start a team or join one in the South Dublin/Wicklow region. I only started playing last year in Sligo, set up my own team from scratch and came fourth. Easily could have come second if not for some insane refs but that is for another thread/day. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Am I right to assume that Blackrock would be the closest place for me as i live in Bray? Anyone got spare room on their team for a 6'4, unfit but fast guy?

cheers

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

frag420 wrote: »
    Maybe im in the wrong spot but here goes. Basically im looking to either start a team or join one in the South Dublin/Wicklow region

St Marys, Tallaght, Blackrock would be nearest IRFU venues to you.
    Best time to find a time is actually nearer the start of the season when you can post in the Members Forum on www.irfutag.ie announcing availability or even better turn up on the day and the Venue Manager will assist you finding a team.
    We will remind team captains regularlyto check forum for players seeking teams.

Sorry for tardy reply. I got your email (to the IRFU address) and am only getting through them this morning following the weather interrupted work week last week. Any further queries, please email tag@irishrugby.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Hi,

Maybe im in the wrong spot but here goes. Basically im looking to either start a team or join one in the South Dublin/Wicklow region. I only started playing last year in Sligo, set up my own team from scratch and came fourth. Easily could have come second if not for some insane refs but that is for another thread/day. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Am I right to assume that Blackrock would be the closest place for me as i live in Bray? Anyone got spare room on their team for a 6'4, unfit but fast guy?

cheers

frAg

Astro are currently running Tag rugby leagues in ST andrews in Blackrock on Wed nights. Midway through winter league - you could join free agents or join the next league will be starting End Feb/early march. Have a look at http://www.astro.ie and pick Rip rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jaqu15

Hi all,

in terms of tag in Dublin i have set up a new tag company, known as NRG Tag can be viewed at www.nrgtag.eu basically we see what ITRA Charge previous player and thought what they offer just wasnt fair, so i have decided enough is enough, first 50 teams can register for 350 and its 450 there after. we will be based in corcaigh park, Malahide and Shankill, and will also be running an easter Blitz.

email info@NRGTag.eu for more info

Regards

Neil R.G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Astro are currently running Tag rugby leagues in ST andrews in Blackrock on Wed nights. Midway through winter league - you could join free agents or join the next league will be starting End Feb/early march. Have a look at http://www.astro.ie and pick Rip rugby.

I played in the Astro league in Booterstown last year and it was awful. There were times when teams had to use their own rugby balls because the organisers didn't have any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

gaius c wrote: »
    I played in the Astro league in Booterstown last year and it was awful. There were times when teams had to use their own rugby balls because the organisers didn't have any.

Absolute, total and utter rubbish. Astro always have plenty of balls on hand. Some teams sometimes ask to use their own ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

gaius c wrote: »

I've had similar experiences myself up there.
    Bryn wrote: »
    Absolute, total and utter rubbish. Astro always have plenty of balls on hand. Some teams sometimes ask to use their own ball

I've also asked to use our own ball because the balls provided by Astro were completely substandard, usually they were very old and totally bald making them all but impossible to play with.

Ultimately most of our team decided to vote with our wallets and after two rather unsatisfactory seasons in Booterstown haven't returned this year and don't intend to in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Is there a boards tag rugby team?

waster81 wrote: »
    Is there a boards tag rugby team?

not a bad idea. IM game for it.

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

RTE ran a piece about our Bud Light Tag programme last Saturday before the Italy game.
    Can be viewed here:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

any teams around galway, or out by oranmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

JustinDee wrote: »
    RTE ran a piece about our Bud Light Tag programme last Saturday before the Italy game.
    Can be viewed here:

thats cool :)

i kinda like seeing stuff like this.

and the girls :O

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

scully74 wrote: »
    any teams around galway, or out by oranmore

Theres tons of teams in Galway man, even one from boards here! Check out the Galway page there should be a thread on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Is anyone here involved in the tag rugby games in the phoenix park ?, would love to get invovled

Thanks

I am looking to join a tag rugby team in the south Dublin area(would consider phoenix park once i move into city).I Live in Bray but will be moving into city soon. I played last year in the northwest and thoroughly enjoyed myself and I am eager to participate again this year. If anyone has room for a big 6'4 guy who is sooper fast over short distances( read somewhat unfit but getting there) then give me shout otherwise I will be stuck in watching come dine with me over the summer months!! If it helps I set up my own team last year for the first time and guided them to fourth place in our first season!! That has to count for something eh???

frAg
    user_online.gifreport.gif post_thanks.gif

• Advertisement

I think the IRFU ran a tag season in Greystones RFC, not sure of the still do but it might be worth getting in touch with the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

I am looking to join a tag rugby team in the south Dublin area(would consider phoenix park once i move into city).I Live in Bray but will be moving into city soon. I played last year in the northwest and thoroughly enjoyed myself and I am eager to participate again this year. If anyone has room for a big 6'4 guy who is sooper fast over short distances( read somewhat unfit but getting there) then give me shout otherwise I will be stuck in watching come dine with me over the summer months!! If it helps I set up my own team last year for the first time and guided them to fourth place in our first season!! That has to count for something eh???

I advise people with this query to do two things (if wishing to play at an IRFU host club).
    1) Register on the Members Forum on www.irfutag.ie and post a thread announcing availability on the relevant section. This area is pretty quiet at the moment but picks up in the couple of weeks preceding a season. Info on venues can be found by clicking on the Tag Venues section of the website also.
    2) Basically turn up 'on the night' at the venue and ask the Venue Manager to assist you in finding a team. This is a 99% successful method.

Both of course are free to do. No subscription or membership charges involved.

Hope this is of help to you. Any queries, email us at tag@irfu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr-McBain

Hey, I'm a member of a mixed tag team in grade C from the south Dublin area and I was wondering it there were any teams of a similar level who were interested in a practice match before the "season" starts. If so then please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Id be in a team of similar level and area....we arent playing until May, so maybe mid april or late april give us a shout....would be very interested.

Also, to everyone else, we are currently looking for one male player of any level.

PM me for more details.

Is anyone playing in the ITRA league starting this saturday in UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Anyone know of any short season tag leagues or one day blitz type things? I'm away for half of June and part of July and maybe a bit of August but I still want to fit a bit of tag in somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

Have a bit of a dilemma here and need some advice. I have just set up a tag team with some friends and we are trying to decide what grade we should enter.

Were going to play in the IRFU tag on Monday nights up in St Marys in the male division. We have a couple of lads who are currently playing AIL Division 2 and the rest of the squad would be made up of J1/J2 players. We would be quite a quick team but I don't have a clue of the standard in the grades as we havent played tag before.

There are two grades:

Grade A & Grade B/C

Which grade do you recommend we enter?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Have a bit of a dilemma here and need some advice. I have just set up a tag team with some friends and we are trying to decide what grade we should enter.

Were going to play in the IRFU tag on Monday nights up in St Marys in the male division. We have a couple of lads who are currently playing AIL Division 2 and the rest of the squad would be made up of J1/J2 players. We would be quite a quick team but I don't have a clue of the standard in the grades as we havent played tag before.

There are two grades:

Grade A & Grade B/C

Which grade do you recommend we enter?

Thanks

If they are playing senior rugby you would need to be in Grade A

you should be playing at the highest standard available:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

If anyone is based in the Northside of Dublin, preferably Coolmine. My girlfriend is looking for a tag rugby team to join.

Advertisement