Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tag rugby

• 20-03-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

Will we get a mini league a going? come on Ireland:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Tallaght are doing Summer Tag Rugby if you want any more info just give me a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Why don't the IRFU encourage Tag only teams within existing clubs?

Its great to play in the summer but I'd love to play it for a full season.

Don't know, this will be the first time Tallaght RFC host the IRFU Tag.

More info on Tallaght Tag can be found here
    http://www.tallaghtrugby.com/tagrugby.html

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Trotter wrote: »

Its great to play in the summer but I'd love to play it for a full season.

We're running IRFU Tag here in Enniscorthy this summer
    Also hosting a Tag Festival on Easter Saturday.
    If there's enough demand I'd organise a league all season - currently do a ladies only Tag on a tuesday night - been running all winter
    See thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508024

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manhog

Coolmine RFC in West Dublin are also running tag rugby this summer. Mixed tag, two nights a week.

There is an information night tomorrow night (Tuesday 24th March) in the club at 7pm. See http://www.coolminerfc.com for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

DaveMR wrote: »
    We're running IRFU Tag here in Enniscorthy this summer
    Also hosting a Tag Festival on Easter Saturday.
    If there's enough demand I'd organise a league all season - currently do a ladies only Tag on a tuesday night - been running all winter
    See thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508024

Ah cheers, I'm in Waterford though so it'd be quite a trek!

Just an idea mods
    Is it worth setting up a seperate sticky or thread solely for Tag Rugby?
    I know true rugby affectionado's might quibble with the soft Tag rugby concept.
    But there is no denying Tag Rugby (both the IRFU and volvic versions) is bringing Rugby to a much greater audience and encouraging participation of people who would never dream of playing or watching rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Trotter wrote: »

Because of the rugby season? I'd say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

the people will thank you for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Thanks (in advance :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Any men only leagues in Dublin?

smythire wrote: »
    the people will thank you for it

How do you make it a stickie?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

How do you make it a stickie?

usually best to pm the mod. (like me!)
    i'll sticky this now.

RuggieBear wrote: »
    usually best to pm the mod. (like me!)
    i'll sticky this now.

Cheers. Thank you. Lets hope people use it

Tallaght rubgy club will be having an open night on the 23rd april starting at 6.30 so you can come along to try tag for free.

Enniscorthy RFC are "Going back to the 80's" with an Easter Tag Festival, Celebrity Match and 80's Disco
    This is a great chance for those who have never played tag to come along and try it out.
    Played last year? Get your team together and come join us
    We're rolling back the years as the 1989 Towns Cup winning team will play a celebrity fun tag match against the 1988 seconds winning team.
    Apres tag we'll have an 80's disco to finish the evening
    It all kicks off at 7.00pm
    For more info pm me or see post here in event guide
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59671862&postcount=8

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Hi!!!

I was just going to post a question about tag shorts and I said I might as well post it here.

I am starting tag in Naas this year (22nd April - training starting!) adn I bought shorts on the tagrugby.com website and I got them in the post the other day.

They only seem to have mens shorts (which I had ordered) and they are awfully baggy arounnd the middle making me look huge and highly unattractive:mad:!! Can one get womans tag shorts because I really dont like these??!!!!:cool:

I am involved in the IRFU Tag in Tallaght RFC and on the IRFU website you can only buy different waist sizes, it doesn't have the choice of male or female.

The canterbury shorts come in lots of sizes but not specifically mens / womens shorts - more unisex
    One suggestion you could try is find a local seamstress/mender and get them to sew velcro strips on to a pair of shorts that you do like (but show them the tag shorts that you have first so that they put themon correctly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

The canterbury shorts come in lots of sizes but not specifically mens / womens shorts - more unisex
    One suggestion you could try is find a local seamstress/mender and get them to sew velcro strips on to a pair of shorts that you do like (but show them the tag shorts that you have first so that they put themon correctly)

The problem with that is that most shorts have pockets and tag shorts cannot have pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

niamh4626 wrote: »
    They only seem to have mens shorts (which I had ordered) and they are awfully baggy arounnd the middle making me look huge and highly unattractive:mad:!! Can one get womans tag shorts because I really dont like these??!!!!:cool:

Here

They have both mens and womens sizes. The difference between 2008 and 2009 shorts is the 09 ones are longer. What's you team name, I play for the Scrumbags...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Luckycharm wrote: »
    The problem with that is that most shorts have pockets and tag shorts cannot have pockets.

I remember the early years with the belts and all the broken and dislocated fingers. Enforcing pocketless shorts was the best thing ever.

I best throw my belts in the bin or I'll have Wexford General Hospital full of broken fingers on Saturday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Yep there is more injuries from Tag then real rugby- mainly finger injuries, plus so many people turn up at tag having done no excercise for quite a while and not bothering to warm up so you get quite a few pulled muscles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yup i have broken my baby finger 3 year ago in tag, Was in a Full Arm cast for 8 weeks and had to get 2 ops, just cos it got cought in someone shorts while training, Happened to the same finger the year after just a crack and then the following year broke it again, it now looks like a Banna but meh i'll be playing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Well lads. Just wondering what the craic is with starting up tag rugby?? Im in Naas and 24yr male. Not the fittest cause haven been playin ball in a while but not the worst either.....Any info appreciated. Sound!

You can find out what clubs are involved at http://www.irishrugby.ie

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    Tallaght rubgy club will be having an open night on the 23rd april starting at 6.30 so you can come along to try tag for free.

Sorry got the start time wrong that should be from 6.00 on and then a few drinks in the bar.

• Advertisement

Enniscorthy RFC are holding Open Nights on Thursday 21st May and Thursday 28th May
    This is an open invitation for anyone to turn up and see for themselves how Tag Rugby works, how much fun the sport is and get a taster of the summer ahead at this great venue.

Entry to these events, as the title suggests, is of course free-of-charge.

The night will start at around 6.45pm where participants announce their presence to the venue Manager and if not in a team, get placed. Tag shorts will be provided on loan for the evening .

They then get the chance to give it a go in one of the continual games that are applicable to their ability.
    The Bud Light Tag season in Enniscorthy RFC starts on June 4th.
    For more details check out www.irfutag.ie or pm me for more details

Advertisement