Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pter wrote: »
    What dates would the league start and what day are you looking to play....

living in celbridge myself...

(male)

No idea when it is on, I have to look into it - just gauging interest so far. Will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Anyone getting annoyed by some of the kids they have reffing ITRA matches now? I don't mind when a ref makes a bad call. These things happen but what drives me nuts is when some young fella is intimidated by all the adults and won't penalise players who harass them.
    I know they are just young lads trying to make a few bob now that summer jobs have dried up but it's grating listening to teams continually bug the ref.

It’s still small beer compared to the IRFU tag ref who seems to think that the non-contact rule only applies to girls and sneers at guys who ask him to ref according to the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

gaius c wrote: »
    It’s still small beer compared to the IRFU tag ref who seems to think that the non-contact rule only applies to girls and sneers at guys who ask him to ref according to the rules.

Thats surprising because the IRFU tag refs have been asked to crack down on contact this year

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Anyone know if there are Sunday leagues in the Phoenix Park? Long shot I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starringme

I doubt there's any league in the Phoenix Park, I know that the park rangers have been cracking down on tag teams practicing there lately as a couple of teams I played were moved along by them. 2 years ago I was scouting for a place to train in the park and met a ranger who told me unless it's an organised activity with insurance you can't play on their playing fields... However you might be able to arrange some pick-up games at the weekends now that the season is over.

Does anyone know if there's an astro league in autumn in any venue accessible to Castleknock? I see on astro.ie various leagues starting in September but it seems they're only in Wesley or St Andrews. I thought Alsaa had one, or is that spring?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tony28

hi we train on mondays but struggle for numbers for a decent training game, any teams interested in meeting up for a game probably round dublin 4 at bout 7.30 let us know-just a friendy for a run out -we can ref ourselves- the standard would be beginner/medium level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

starringme wrote: »
    I doubt there's any league in the Phoenix Park, I know that the park rangers have been cracking down on tag teams practicing there lately as a couple of teams I played were moved along by them. 2 years ago I was scouting for a place to train in the park and met a ranger who told me unless it's an organised activity with insurance you can't play on their playing fields... However you might be able to arrange some pick-up games at the weekends now that the season is over.

Does anyone know if there's an astro league in autumn in any venue accessible to Castleknock? I see on astro.ie various leagues starting in September but it seems they're only in Wesley or St Andrews. I thought Alsaa had one, or is that spring?

If you have a car Wesley is only 15 mins down the M50 it is right beside the Dundrum exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bless You

Hello folks,

Am a member of a Tag Rugby team in Carlingford, we are holding a mini-tournament this Saturday (14th August) as part of Carlingford Oyster Festival weekend.

We had eight teams lined up to play but a couple are after letting us down at the last minute.
    I realise the short notice, but if there are a few teams who would like to travel up and play, we'd be delighted to see you.

There'll be the tournament itself, a BBQ afterwards for all who play held in the Sailing Club and many beers throughout the day. We will see you're looked after and it'll be a good bit of craic with the festival on all weekend.

Anyone who can get a few lads for a team together and travel up, fire me a PM on here and I'll pass on contact details and specifics.

Thanks.

Edit to say: Teams can be mixed (ours is after all) so females of the girl variety are more than welcome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

starringme wrote: »
    2 years ago I was scouting for a place to train in the park and met a ranger who told me unless it's an organised activity with insurance you can't play on their playing fields.
    Jaysus... the health & safety nuts have really won. We're not allowed to play around in a park any more?! No wonder kids are getting fat!

And I wonder what they mean about "their playing fields". They're state owned, so they're "our playing fields".

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Maaa!

Anyone know if there are any tag rugby teams for kids in South Dublin? My daughter is very keen (she is 13) but there does not seem to be anything available for her. Now would be a good time with rugby's profile quite high and the womens rugby world cup getting some attention. The IRFU were supposed to roll out a primary school scheme some years ago but it does not seem to have come to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 godeas

Hi, my friend and I (two females in 20's) are looking to join a tag rugby team if anyone has 2 spare places in their team.

We work near Harcourt St/Dublin 2 area so anywhere near there...We'd be interested in playing Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs.

I saw there is Tag out in Wesley College in Dundrum which would be ideal cos its on the Luas. D4 etc would also be good.

If there is anyone out there who needs 2 reliable, fun and social players to join their team- PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

godeas wrote: »
    Hi, my friend and I (two females in 20's) are looking to join a tag rugby team if anyone has 2 spare places in their team.

We work near Harcourt St/Dublin 2 area so anywhere near there...We'd be interested in playing Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs.

I saw there is Tag out in Wesley College in Dundrum which would be ideal cos its on the Luas. D4 etc would also be good.

If there is anyone out there who needs 2 reliable, fun and social players to join their team- PM me!

The league on wednesday night in Wesley is run by Astro.ie.
    With Astro.ie, both you girls can join up as free agents and then if teams are short you are assigned to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Anybody have any info on tag teams in Cork?? Doing shift work atm so I'm not able to commit to GAA training which is fairly demanding but I played tag last year and was decent at it so would like to keep it up if only to just stay a bit fit

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starringme

would anyone be interested in playing in the ITRA beach tag tournament on the 11th Sept (next Sat)? Games start early but we have a cottage. we need a couple of lads. if youre interested please text me 0868554538

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

There is a tournament starting in castlebar on thurs 23rd sept, introduction nights on Thurs 9th and 16th at 7pm. Focusing on the fun element and trying to introduce new players to the game.

We also play every Tues night as a fun training night at 7pm as well.

Floodlit tag, a great way to pass the evening !!!!!!

Pm if you want more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

Anyone know if there's tag rugby played in the Limerick city area around now? Played during the summer but would love to keep playing during autumn/ winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

spudd wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's tag rugby played in the Limerick city area around now? Played during the summer but would love to keep playing during autumn/ winter?

Same here but in Galway city. Would love to keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 7 finnianp

kodute wrote: »
    Same here but in Galway city. Would love to keep it up

Same here, but in Cork this time. Any tag rugby running through the Autumn/Winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JamieP

I think it goes without saying it, but would love to see it around Waterford too during the Autumn to Winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

For those within travelling distance, I organise a womens only tag rugby session every Thurs night in Enniscorthy. Its on in the Astro Active Centre
    Its just for fun! Lots of beginners too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 starbucks1!

If anyone needs a female tag player for the winter season on Thursday evenings- Dublin South, I'd be interested. I'm an intermediate player (playing about 3 years) and would be relatively fit!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

Any lads interested in joining a tag rugby team? Im on a team and we have a lot of women but we need a couple of extra blokes as we only have 4 at the moment. The ladies are all very good as we have been playing week in week out for over 2 years but we need more men!

We train every Wednesday from 7.30 to 8.30 in the Newbridge sports center and we take part in the summer tag league in Naas. If you are interested PM me and i will get back to you. Doesn't matter if you have played or not... you just need decent fitness!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Hi all... not really the weather for it

We are looking for another team to join our 4 team "warm up" league. We have 3 teams at the moment. Probably aim to start up Mid-February. We are based in Drumcondra and have our own pitch etc,

There are 2 beginner teams and one team that has competed in the Bud Light Tag League last year. Standard is just about intermediate.

For example, most of our players are over 36. Mixed or all male / female teams welcome.

Drop me a line - materdeisaints@gmail.com if you'd like to get involved.
    thanks for your interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Are there any Tag Leagues in or around the Phoenix PArk area. I remember reading something about it being banned from the park but cannot find any more on it.

If not any city centre leagues going or teams needing an extra player for this year?

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

IRFU have launched new-look tag website at www.irfutag.ie
    Registrations go live on Monday at 10am.
    All leagues below €500 per team.
    Queries can be emailed to tag@irishrugby.ie

There's also a new Facebook group which can be found at tinyurl.com/irfutag-facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Anybody know if there's an ITRA league in st annes this spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Just registered a team for st marys on a Thursday night, bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Hi all, looking to start Tag but no idea where to go? Working in the sandyford/dundrum area any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Jemmy wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to start Tag but no idea where to go? Working in the sandyford/dundrum area any suggestions?

St Marys College RFC/Templeogue College or Blackrock College RFC would be nearest IRFU venue. (see www.irfutag.ie)
    Email tag@irishrugby.ie with a query and you'll get a reply fairly sharpish on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Floodlit Tag starting in Waterford IT in March.

http://www.witomnisportleagues.ie/

Advertisement