Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Angron wrote: »
    There's someone in the course has managed to not be on time once in the last 2 weeks. It's annoying the hell out of me that I'm getting in every day, but one person puts more effort into coming up with excuses.

I feel you there. I work with people who think showing up precisely as their shift starts is acceptable. No, no it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

that annoys me too angron :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Angron wrote:
    There's someone in the course has managed to not be on time once in the last 2 weeks. It's annoying the hell out of me that I'm getting in every day, but one person puts more effort into coming up with excuses.

Had a student placement in work with us like that few years ago. Got him in Kris Kindle, so got him an alarm clock. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I bite my fingers. All the time.
    It hurts. It hurts especially much now.

I bite when I'm stressed, upset, happy, sad, excited, hungry, bored...... then they bleed and I bite some more.

Owie!

#Broodingfactualpoem :p

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I bite when I'm stressed, upset, happy, sad, excited, hungry, bored...... then they bleed and I bite some more.

Owie!

Awww sorry to hear Chuckles......could you wear gloves to prevent this (let your fingers recover) or maybe plasters to break the cycle??;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Owie!

Dip your fingers in liquid chocolate- then lick. Much better than biting.

*in some cases, above advice may cause tummy, thighs and hips to expand*:P

*hugs* lady c I know there's a special type of nail varnish for your fingernails to try and help, as the taste puts you off it, maybe worth trying?

Grid. wrote: »
    Awww sorry to hear Chuckles......could you wear gloves to prevent this (let your fingers recover) or maybe plasters to break the cycle??;)

Gloves may be the best. I use plasters every so often, but as soon as you wash your hands they get all icky :rolleyes: *chuckle:
    Dip your fingers in liquid chocolate- then lick. Much better than biting.

*in some cases, above advice may cause tummy, thighs and hips to expand*:P

Dexter.... wouldn't that ADD to the problem? :P:pac:
    If they taste good I'd be biting more :cool:
    *hugs* lady c I know there's a special type of nail varnish for your fingernails to try and help, as the taste puts you off it, maybe worth trying?

That's extremely gross - so maybe :D:)
    Thanks, ATC :) I don't bite the nails though, but the area around the nails may also be contaminated by said nail varnish. Worth a try :cool:

ahh ok, not a problem :cool: see how it goes anyway

That's extremely gross - so maybe :D:)
    Thanks, ATC :) I don't bite the nails though, but the area around the nails may also be contaminated by said nail varnish. Worth a try :cool:

ahh ok, not a problem :cool: see how it goes anyway

I do think it's a splendid gross idea ;)
    Not sure if that came across in my previous point :pac::D:D

• Advertisement

I do think it's a splendid gross idea ;)
    Not sure if that came across in my previous point :pac::D:D

not a problem, happy to help :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Hope you're not in much pain, LC. I do too at times, especially the corner tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

i have similar issue not with biting fingers but picking whatever i can find o y skin and then some more when im extra spec anxious. i noticed pain does feel good in those moments lol and the battle field that's left behind..
    i know it would heal in few days but yea, i would love not to be doing it to myself....
    not sure if that does any help LC.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Biting your nails is a sign of perfectionism

Just gonna leave that little gem of wisdom there.

Is perfectionism good or bad? And what about chewing on your fingertips and not the nails? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

chewing nails or fingertips is real bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

cgh wrote: »
    chewing nails or fingertips is real bad.

...Uh oh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Is perfectionism good or bad? And what about chewing on your fingertips and not the nails? :pac:

I stopped biting my nails a few weeks back. The bastards are growing like mad now though. I've gotten fond of using a nail file now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I stopped biting mine about 2 years ago and painting them is so much fun now!

I stopped biting mine years ago.
    more so because where i was working was just pure filthy.

• Advertisement

I stopped biting mine years ago.
    more so because where i was working was just pure filthy.

I totally regret posting that now...... 'cos this is making me feel really uncomfortable.

Anyone else up for a brood? :p Anyone? Anyone at all?? :p:p

Oh sorry Chuckles, didn't mean to make you feel that way. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Didn't you get the email PP? We're supposed to support each other in here rather than making everyone brood more :p

Anyways.... *hugs/brohugs for whomever needs them* :)

I did apologise. :confused:

I love the way my veterinary nursing degree counts for f**k all in this house. My dad thinks shouting at the dog to "stop f**kin' whinging" is going to make him stop crying. The professional opinion of his own daughter apparently means nothing because he's had dogs his whole life. I wasn't aware that this fact means that you know better than the veterinary profession. To make it worse my Mam woke him up rather than let me try to get the dog settled. Cheers for the vote of confidence, family. I feel wonderful now. :(

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just want to scream.

so pee'd of right now.

struggling with writing, annoying me big time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today I think that maybe I could forgive him, and maybe take him back, but I don't know. Today is just a confusing day really.

90vmkx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So. Someone is starting a course in the place I'm in. She recognised me from somewhere, but I had no idea how. Turns out she's the daughter of the woman directly involved in probably the worst part of my life, a time that screwed me up worse than anything else.

Advertisement