Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Thanks, Hugo. It will be for sure! :D

*raises a glass of bubbly*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's exactly it, Ted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's exactly it, Ted

I'm full of philosophical bull tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Happy New Year, here's hoping this thread will not be used much in 2016.
    +1 to this.

Hope 2016 is a fantastic year for us all :)

Happy New Year everyone :)

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    I'm full of philosophical bull tonight...
    You're a wise man, Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bit of an update. I was talking with a few of my American friends about crap, and one of them ended up buying me two of the games on my steam wish list. They weren't massively expensive games, but I can't tell you how much I appreciated the thought and the gesture. It was so nice of them when they really didn't have to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Am so so un-well. :(:( I just feel bleurghhhh eurgghhhhh. My ears are sore, my temples are sore. I have sort of a 'Flu/tickly-throat thing, and my stoopid glands hurt when I cough. I've been trying to puke what I can only presume, is bile, for the last few hours, it still isn't all up, it's kind-of stuck in my gut :o:eek::D:mad::mad: and I really really hate vomiting am so scared I'll choke or something. :( Am so so wrecked exhausted beyond belief even though I've a good sleep behind me. :rolleyes: :-l My eyes are closing already and I've a crap-load of crap I need to get stuck into and get done that I need to keep my eyes open for! :rolleyes::P

I want my Mammy! ;( ;( Am so sick! :( :mad: Am losing the will to live. I just can't even.

Would be so cool to be a child again sometimes and the only scary thing I'd have to worry about would be going to the Dentist. But my Mammy would be there so everything would always be okay. And she always got me a nice comforting treat that evening after getting any work done on me that would be suitable to eat. :/ I really hate being this sick. I'm never sick.

I needz all the hugs. ALL of them! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

There is always hugs on standby here.

Do you have any soup, would be easy on the stomach.

Keep warm anyway.

Leave any of the non urgent crap to one side.

Hope you get better soon.

fd2903c938185165418de2194c6940f0.jpg

When I'm having tough/rough/shít day, I remind myself of this, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, today it didn't, but tomorrow it another day......

e6bf03dee162430bebe752515454fa6e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

*hugs* for all the nocs who need them :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fupping Tuesday morning insomnia ruining a fine start to the working year. I am slightly miffed to say the least...

I'm the same shim.. insomnia isn't fun

Same here.

Insomnia caused by stress caused by someone who is so utterly fcuking selfish they will not admit their behaviour and accept they need help for it.

Absolutely sick to the back of my teeth of this absolute bullshít.

Not to mention I am majorly pissed at myself for something that happened that I didn't have much/any control over, and I know it won't change unless there is a miracle, so I'm only going to get more pissed at myself for allowing it to happen.

This picture is a good description of my current mood.

natsi-cat-run-life-argh--large-msg-114697907327-2.jpg

Big *hugs* boxers

Big *hugs* boxers
    Thanks Caffy, could use all the hugs ATM :(

Thanks Caffy, could use all the hugs ATM :(

no problem x, anything we can do to help?

no problem x, anything we can do to help?
    Help me win the lottery so I can go on a round the world trip? :D

It's about the only thing at the minute that will help me :(

Help me win the lottery so I can go on a round the world trip? :D

It's about the only thing at the minute that will help me :(

deal :D

*positive vibes your way*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

I think we could all do with winning the euro millions right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

In a pretty pissed off mood. I have worked hard and still work hard, I work my fingers to the bone, I have being screamed at by GMs, chefs and waiting staff and I have blown my voice out from screaming too. I have scalded myself, cut myself, bruised myself, put my back out. I have worked 60 hour weeks and only get paid for 40.

I do this as a living, a profession that I chose. I do this so I can keep a roof over my head, keep the bills paid and food on the table. I treated myself to my FIRST sun holiday back in November. I am entitled to do that and I was delighted because all my hard work got me there. But still I had to scrimp and save to go do it and I nearly came to cancelling it twice.

I wanted to get a PS4. It's my birthday on Friday and I have being harping on about getting one for awhile. A friend of mine informed me that I could get one on hire purchase from Argos. All I needed was a bank statement, a utility bill and a form of photo I.D. Right so, went up and chanced it this evening. My bank statement is a day out of date (what are the ****ing chances like?), they won't accept the broadband bill because the finance company don't recognise Vodafone as a land line and broad band provider. Wouldn't accpet a letter from the Tax Revenue or a letter from the T.V Licensing Authority confirming my direct debit with them. All they wanted was a proof of address yet here I was providing them four documents, all official, with my address on them. (not counting the day out of date statement).

I can't afford to buy one out right. Like my holiday I have to scrimp and ****ing save. Yes it's more rewarding because I have worked for it but c'mere, how is it that my OHs long term unemployed buddy could buy one out right and I can't? Even when I was unemployed I still couldn't afford to buy one outright. I really don't get it. I just don't. I am really sorry if this comes across as a bit of a first world problem but you know something, I am just sick of it. I know there are tonnes of people struggling on benefits. I was struggling for years on it myself!! But there is people like my OHs buddy who just seem to be able to buy what they want whenever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

cgh wrote: »
    I think we could all do with winning the euro millions right now.

4e4968221fcd7b849b156d93e6375c7c38f9236df7e7dafc895e970bde93cddd.jpg?w=300&h=233

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

That sucks, Mozz.

Hope you're feeling better now, Boxers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    In a pretty pissed off mood. I have worked hard and still work hard, I work my fingers to the bone, I have being screamed at by GMs, chefs and waiting staff and I have blown my voice out from screaming too. I have scalded myself, cut myself, bruised myself, put my back out. I have worked 60 hour weeks and only get paid for 40.

I do this as a living, a profession that I chose. I do this so I can keep a roof over my head, keep the bills paid and food on the table. I treated myself to my FIRST sun holiday back in November. I am entitled to do that and I was delighted because all my hard work got me there. But still I had to scrimp and save to go do it and I nearly came to cancelling it twice.

I wanted to get a PS4. It's my birthday on Friday and I have being harping on about getting one for awhile. A friend of mine informed me that I could get one on hire purchase from Argos. All I needed was a bank statement, a utility bill and a form of photo I.D. Right so, went up and chanced it this evening. My bank statement is a day out of date (what are the ****ing chances like?), they won't accept the broadband bill because the finance company don't recognise Vodafone as a land line and broad band provider. Wouldn't accpet a letter from the Tax Revenue or a letter from the T.V Licensing Authority confirming my direct debit with them. All they wanted was a proof of address yet here I was providing them four documents, all official, with my address on them. (not counting the day out of date statement).

I can't afford to buy one out right. Like my holiday I have to scrimp and ****ing save. Yes it's more rewarding because I have worked for it but c'mere, how is it that my OHs long term unemployed buddy could buy one out right and I can't? Even when I was unemployed I still couldn't afford to buy one outright. I really don't get it. I just don't. I am really sorry if this comes across as a bit of a first world problem but you know something, I am just sick of it. I know there are tonnes of people struggling on benefits. I was struggling for years on it myself!! But there is people like my OHs buddy who just seem to be able to buy what they want whenever.

ya, utility bill i think they accept esb or gas or perhaps water bill...
    sorry to hear that, would you go again tomorrow maybe with other docs?

Mozzeltoff wrote: »

I know there are tonnes of people struggling on benefits. I was struggling for years on it myself!! But there is people like my OHs buddy who just seem to be able to buy what they want whenever.

It's hard isn't it :( You try and try and work hard yet if feels like it doesn't matter.
    The reality is however that you don't know this man's financial situation. Maybe he had money saved? Maybe he gets a hand from family? Maybe he is lonely and miserable inside?
    Stop and think about the good things in your life x

*hugs* for you mozz

*hug for Mozz*

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry to hear folks:(

58d687f42c480d6655dc6e2face8fcf4_zpskyxzw60q.jpg

Hugs for Stripey, Mozz , LC and anyone who needs them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Mmmmmmm.... banana!! :D:D:D

hTK10xv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

sorry wrong topic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

well what a crappy weekend,

an Uncle passed away yesterday, hitting me hard this morning.

Advertisement