Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm so, so sorry to hear that ATC :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry to hear atc

*hugs*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh hugs Atc. So so sorry to hear that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Our dog died last night :-( devastated

Sorry to hear that ATC..
    if any condolence in thought you didn't put him to sleep but he went naturally..
    and not suffering anymore...
    may he rest in peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh ATC, I'm so sorry :( xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm really sorry to hear that ATC :(

Oh so sorry atc :( hugs to you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

So sorry to hear that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Queenpink

so sorry about your dog atc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

thanks guys, it means a lot x we were expecting it but not as fast, she had been getting worse so we were going to let her go at the weekend but got quite sick suddenly last night, so we made an emergency run to the vet and said goodbye.. vet said she would have gone during the night if we had left her so she didn't suffer. it's been very hard today, I'm not sure how I managed to get through college. She had 16 years with us so I think she had a good life.

My granny's dog (lassie lookalike) has a suspicious lump on her and probably will have to have an operation, and as well as me being sick myself, hasn't been a good week

• Advertisement

thanks guys, it means a lot x we were expecting it but not as fast, she had been getting worse so we were going to let her go at the weekend but got quite sick suddenly last night, so we made an emergency run to the vet and said goodbye.. vet said she would have gone during the night if we had left her so she didn't suffer. it's been very hard today, I'm not sure how I managed to get through college. She had 16 years with us so I think she had a good life.

My granny's dog (lassie lookalike) has a suspicious lump on her and probably will have to have an operation, and as well as me being sick myself, hasn't been a good week

tight warm hugs for you my friend heart.gif
    will think of you, hope you be better soon..

I have no food and no money to buy any until tomorrow.I have no friends that will help and no other support in my life.I have health issues and i have severe depression.Sorry i needed to vent its just very depressing to know no-one caresabout me or wants to help me.I am probably being a whiny so and so and i am sorry if i am.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Awww gosh, awful news....so sorry ATC:(

Queenpink wrote: »
    I have no food and no money to buy any until tomorrow.I have no friends that will help and no other support in my life.I have health issues and i have severe depression.Sorry i needed to vent its just very depressing to know no-one caresabout me or wants to help me.I am probably being a whiny so and so and i am sorry if i am.
    tough situation QP, hold on and don't be afraid to vent and rant here that is what this topic is for.. we are here to listen and send you virtual hugs, hope it means at least a little : ))

Thanks virtual hugs do mean something to me :) Just have to wait until when centra opens in the morning for a breakfast roll and a tube of pringles.My dad will bring me shopping in lidl tomorrow evening as i am unable to carry anything heavy.All i can do now s dream of food.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Queenpink wrote: »

So sorry to hear that QP, no need to apologise.....have you any family who could lend support? If not...i'm sure the local SVP, or church group would be able to help get you over a tough period. Have you a GP or advocate who could advise you how best to maintain your day to day life......its important to have some structure to keep you buoyant. There are lots of people who care about your welfare so try not feel alone.....as hard as things seem at the moment.

Things are looking up the pasta is in date so i cooked the whole bag and scrapped the bbq sauce squeezy bottles for sauce as well as the mayo bottle(didnt get much)i added a load of dried herbs and salt and ate half a plate of pasta.Didn't taste great tbh but it was food and i can force feed myself some cold pasta if i get hungry until i can buy that roll.I just budgeted wrong last week. If things get real tough i do call svp and i get vouchers for supervalue.I am spending wisely this week and im going food shopping tomorrow with my dad.I will make sure from now on that their is plenty of food in my flat every week :)Thank you grid for your kind words,much appreciated :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good on ya QP! I earn what most would consider a good wage, but I'm hopeless at budgeting properly and have had many's the 2 or 3 days before payday seeing what crumbs I can scrape together out of the freezer or press or if I can find 20 cent more so I can buy a loaf :)

I am on disability myself.I get my money every wednesday.I know now to not go buying lots of that energy drink dart instead of food.....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear about dog ATC. 16 is good age for dog & going by your posts here, you made sure she didn't suffer any pain.

@QP there is always an era to bend in these parts. We might not be qualified, but we can try & help where we can. I always try & have long dated stuff like pasta/rice in back of press to limit running low on food. As above there is help available & you are not an island.

• Advertisement

Thanks ted for your kind words.omg my close friend rang me and said she will buy me a portion of chips in the local cafe,im delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

my dad is quite ill. In hospital with heart trouble. Please keep him in your thoughts fellow nocs. My old man means the world to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

heyday30 wrote: »
    my dad is quite ill. In hospital with heart trouble. Please keep him in your thoughts fellow nocs. My old man means the world to me.

So sorry too hear that HD, Hope he will make a speedy recovery

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

have my fingers crossed for you heyday, I know it's not easy when a family member is sick/unwell, but try not to worry, treat yourself now and again (I did this when my mom was sick and it helped me feel a bit better, even if for a while). Am a pm away if you need a chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You and your dad are in my thoughts Heyday xx

Thanks he's in the best place now please god they can fix him. He's my rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hope your dad makes a speedy recovery Hey.

You'll both be in my heart thoughts and prayers HD.. Good bless you both..

My thoughts are with you and your dad, heyday. Hope all will be ok.

• Advertisement

I would like to thank you all for your thoughts n kindness. Dad is much improved today.
    May need a stent in tthe coming weeks. But all is good at the moment.
    He'll be home tomorrow :)

Advertisement