Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Advice greatly appreciated guys & gals you're the best :P, maybe things will work themselves out sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Came here to do a bit of ranting. Not really something I need advice on, just something I need to vent..

I now fully sympathise with xPPx and the frustrations she has endured with her forever guest. I recently acquired one :o.

The "guest" (I'll name him Bob) is a good friend of the OHs and has being for years. He's unemployed and I understand he maybe bored and has nothing better to be doing. He started a course last August but he dropped out after a few weeks saying it wasn't what he thought.

He used to call maybe once or twice every two weeks. But 6 weeks ago he started calling a little more frequently, like 3 or 4 days of the week. I didn't mind at first. However he started calling every damn day and I started to get pissed off.

Last three weeks he has being reckless. Constantly texting if it's all right to call up. If you say "we're busy" or "we're not there" he'll wait an hour or maybe two hours before he'll plague you again. Yesterday, for example, I was cleaning the oven and he texts me. Well at the time I wasn't sure it was him but I had a sneaking suspicion. I couldn't look at it because my hands were in gloves and I didn't want to be covering the phone in oven cleaner and grease. Also I just wanted to get the bloody job over and done with, fast. A few minutes later the phone went off again. Again I ignore it and keep doing what I am doing. I know it's Bob now and he can wait. Another few minutes tick by and I am just nearly finished when my phone starts ringing. Pull the gloves off, answer the phone and it's Bob demanding to know why I didn't answer his texts and also if it was all right to call up.

He also doesn't take hints in when to leave. There's days there that I just want to spend time with the OH. Bob will be hanging around like a bad smell and we,ll keep saying it to him "Ya know, we just want a bit of time for ourselves, call up another time." You nearly have to push him out the door. Other times I am making dinner and he's sitting there, expecting it like I should have to feed him.

I get that he's bored. I get that he has nothing to do morning, noon and night. However he is a popular guy and has loads of other friends but he never seems to hang out with them. I wouldn't call him and OH best friends, good friends but not best friends but for some reason he just chooses to hang out with us. It's getting on my wick big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I find it shocking how rude people can be. Our guest is the same. Constantly ringing my mother about his tablets, telling her if he's going somewhere, asking her questions about his bill. One morning he rang her four times before 10am. He even asks her to fill in forms for him. It's a joke, my mother won't say a word to him though.

Your "guest" seems to be as bad, if not worse than ours! The check of him demanding to know why you didn't answer his text. Is he there every day??!

I find it shocking how rude people can be. Our guest is the same. Constantly ringing my mother about his tablets, telling her if he's going somewhere, asking her questions about his bill. One morning he rang her four times before 10am. He even asks her to fill in forms for him. It's a joke, my mother won't say a word to him though.

Your "guest" seems to be as bad, if not worse than ours! The check of him demanding to know why you didn't answer his text. Is he there every day??!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Maybe the other friends have told him to take a hike Mozzie.

Your OH will need to lay down some ground rules. "Don't be ringing Mozzie & shouting the odds"

There is ways to block a certain number from ringing you, I'm nearly sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Mozzie. Ypu and your OH need to talk - it's that simple. You need to simply lay it out - no more friend calling like he's currently doing. You don't need a reason, it's your house. You shouldn't feel bad at all about doing that. To break the cycle, maybe to the "friend" say, look, it's coming up to Christmas and we've a lot to get ready so at the moment we need some time to do house stuff and no disrespect, but you'll be a bit in the way right now so please give us a bit of space. I think we've been good to you to date but you need to now respect our needs too. Or something like that

To cheer you up, on a lighter side of things, I'd recommend getting an oven with Pyroclean next time you're in the market for one:D

Our wonderful visitor is here. Sat down. Demanded tea. Asked where my brother was. I honestly wanted to tell him that it's none of his f**king business where he is.

Just so happens my brother is at the cinema with his gf.

"Oh he's at the cinema? He has a gf? Who's his gf? Where's she from? What's her surname?"

Get out of our house! None of that is your business!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In a bad place now because my pain problem is really putting me through the mill.. Hopefully there will be some treatment breakthrough soon.. I'm fit to chew my arm off.

And i've made some progress, my female friend has agreed to come out with me for New Year's Eve in 3 weeks time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And i've made some progress, my female friend has agreed to come out with me for New Year's Eve in 3 weeks time :D

Great to hear man! :)

• Advertisement

Great to hear man! :)

I'll say, patience is a virtue especially when women are involved :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote:
    And i've made some progress, my female friend has agreed to come out with me for New Year's Eve in 3 weeks time 
    Yay!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Lithium93_ wrote: »

woo! congrats lith:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Collar-bone feels so bruised like it's broken. Glands are killing me, face in general is hurting. Eye-brow-bone under-eye-bone whatever that's called, jaw-bone all sore. Could do without the eyes-stinging and feeling dazed thing too, stabbing pains all over the shop, and I'm after nearly falling up the stairs :o:D:( 'cos my knee-caps feel bruised as fug and my legs go from under me. :mad: Luuuuuvly. :rolleyes::( I haz ALL teh owies and needs ALL teh tlc stat. :/

Oi vey i honestly don't know how i have such a stupid cousin, he does 1 thing and it was asking for ****ing trouble, i don't know if the cousin is being thick on purpose or just lacks a brain. Lord Jack Daniels have mercy, I'mma need a strong couple of drinks on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

JEbus, I just want to strangle that wife of mine........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Blergh. I really have to stop looking at pictures of my ex. She has a new boyfriend and I go to her facebook sometimes (I know, creepy as ****, I actually don't want to but curiosity gets the better of me!) and see her being all happy and sh1t. It's tough because I genuinely thought I'd spend the rest of my life with her (we even had our wedding planned even though we weren't engaged :P) and it just makes me sink into a bit of a downer! I fcuking hate the fact that even though I'm really happy she is happy I still feel like I'm missing out on something. 10 months on and I still can't even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Blergh. I really have to stop looking at pictures of my ex. She has a new boyfriend and I go to her facebook sometimes (I know, creepy as ****, I actually don't want to but curiosity gets the better of me!) and see her being all happy and sh1t. It's tough because I genuinely thought I'd spend the rest of my life with her (we even had our wedding planned even though we weren't engaged :P) and it just makes me sink into a bit of a downer! I fcuking hate the fact that even though I'm really happy she is happy I still feel like I'm missing out on something. 10 months on and I still can't even!

I used to do this also had to stop myself because as you said it was bringing me down, Move on and forget her, her loss dude.

wylie wrote: »
    I used to do this also had to stop myself because as you said it was bringing me down, Move on and forget her, her loss dude.
    Yeah, I know. And like normally, I'm really good at it! Just caved in recently because one of her cousins (who like, I regard as a little sister) told me she met someone new so I had to have a look. More fool me! But yeah, I'm not going to say it's her loss or anything, she had reasons for breaking up at me (like good reasons, not "you're a d1ckhead" or "you shouldn't have cheated on me" reasons) so whatever.

I also feel I am going to be on here a lot ranting haha

Yeah don't do that.. If it helps, block her. I had to do that because I found out my ex had a kid and it was like a kick in the stomach even though at the time it was well over a year and a half since we split up (his choice). You need to move on. I know it isn't easy. Facebook is the work of the devil in this regard. Unfriend her and then block her, it's for your own sanity. Trust me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I am guilty of doing this from time to time when in a bit of a downer mood. It always makes it worse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Same here, I did it a few weeks back, not a good idea.

I was guilty of that too. Blocking him and deleting his friends and family was the best thing I could have done even though I felt **** about it. It wasn't their fault he was an asshat but it was better for my sanity to break all ties, virtual or otherwise.

Hope everyone is ok.

come on folks....

cheer up.

could be worse.

it could be Xmas next week ....

oh crap

cgh wrote: »
    come on folks....

cheer up.

could be worse.

it could be Xmas next week ....

oh crap
    Ah that's not worse, that's so much better! I fricking love Christmas!

indeed....

turkey sweats

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Then there's the cleansing of my insides by the holy nog

I lactose intolerant

So fcuking pissed off! So, I won a 50 euro bar tab for a nightclub in Kildare. Arrived with the two forms of ID I always bring and always get me in-my student ID (with face pic, name, date of birth and expiry date) as well as my now out of date UK ID card (I'm a dual citizen cause I lived with my Dad for a year). Basically either one of them, or the two of them combined, get me in anywhere as well as drink in places like Tesco and Dunnes (who are notorious for this stuff)

I don't even look a day below 25 (I've been told by some I'm 35! :eek:). So I walk up, hand them one. They ask for more. I hand them the ID. They say "It's out of date". I explain that both of them together should explain who I am and that I have a bar tab waiting for me inside. They want a passport, Garda ID or driving license. Me and my friends get frustrated and just walk off. Whose in the right? I've never had this problem before like!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ouch.. Isn't that just typical of awful timing.. I'd be boiling with anger.

• Advertisement

Ouch.. Isn't that just typical of awful timing.. I'd be boiling with anger.
    I was on the bus home but I got home, calmed down and sent the address I got to send my information to for the prize a very peaceful, reasoned, diplomatic email (then I got pissed drunk and went to the local nightclub :P). I'm not expecting them to comply with my request for the prize on a different night but all the same, I had no idea what ID they were looking for and if my current ID works anywhere (including Coppers can I say!) I have a right to feel aggrieved right?

So yeah, if they don't at least give me something (like free entry one night) I'll make sure none of my friends go near there again!

Advertisement