Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My boyfriend got me a camera for my birthday, but the box they gave to him in the shop didn't have a camera in it because they had taken it out to put on display:(

I'll have to wait until Monday now to get it >_<

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Boo! :(

But Happy Birthday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

_meehan_ wrote: »
    My boyfriend got me a camera for my birthday, but the box they gave to him in the shop didn't have a camera in it because they had taken it out to put on display:(

I'll have to wait until Monday now to get it >_<

Phew! For a second I thought they were just going to say he was a chancer and kick him out. At least you're getting it... and you'll have a week of HAPPY HAPPY... JOY JOY! :D

Solitaire wrote: »
    Boo! :(

But Happy Birthday! :D
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Phew! For a second I thought they were just going to say he was a chancer and kick him out. At least you're getting it... and you'll have a week of HAPPY HAPPY... JOY JOY! :D

Thanks!:p

I've my debs next Thursday so at least I'll have it for that:o

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Thanks!:p

I've my debs next Thursday so at least I'll have it for that:o

That's a good thing if you're like me: Never loses anything, especially electronics.

That's a bad thing if you're like my sister: Currently on her 7th expensive compact camera in about 3 years.

:D

• Advertisement

That's a good thing if you're like me: Never loses anything, especially electronics.

That's a bad thing if you're like my sister: Currently on her 7th expensive compact camera in about 3 years.

:D

I'm like you fortunately!:p

I can't understand how people go out and come home without their phone/bag/shoes/money/ID:eek:

I've only been really plastered once (first and last time!) and I still managed to come home with everything I went out with:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Glum

reallyrose wrote: »
    Glum

Why so glum my chum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Why so glum my chum?

Oh, just general glumocity. I haven't slept properly in weeks, s'getting me down.

reallyrose wrote: »
    Oh, just general glumocity. I haven't slept properly in weeks, s'getting me down.

Tell me about it. I just spent 3 days in hospital doing sleep studies. Boring days, but it did wonders for my writing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

If Donegal lose today I'll be in here alot!!

BUT

I have full faith we will beat Dublins blue arse!!

:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

ToniTuddle wrote: »

BUT

What game are they playing?

GAA! All-Ireland Semi-Final :eek:

If you have Setana Sports or somehow able to watch it online do iiiiitttt :D

What game are they playing?

Glad someone asked

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

BUT

AAAAAAAAND despite Donegal's constant cheating, fouling off the ball and pretending to be injured, Dublin having a legitimate goal ruled out and a man sent off......
    Faith aint up to much. talent on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Galvasean wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAND despite Donegal's constant cheating, fouling off the ball and pretending to be injured, Dublin having a legitimate goal ruled out and a man sent off......

I was expecting this to be a gooners related brood. :p

I was expecting this to be a gooners related brood. :p

My only saving grace is having gone to the GAA match and avoided that.... I dont really know what the word is.

I'm sorry were we watching the same match? :pac:

The Dub players were rough feicers and threw plenty of the first punches and shoves. It was not a legitimate goal! Plus there was plenty Donegal players who got carded as well so ssssshhuuuddaaappayaface :p

We didn't play as well as we should have in that match but you can't say we aint got talent. Look at the last match against Kildare! That was one hell of a match. We got to third basically in the whole of Ireland so sorry luv but we do have plenty talent :cool:

We didn't play as well as we should have in that match but you can't say we aint got talent. Look at the last match against Kildare! That was one hell of a match. We got to third basically in the whole of Ireland so sorry luv but we do have plenty talent :cool:

Is that why every single pundit is calling Donegal's style of play "The end of GAA" etc?
    I'm not a fan of the sport, but I do take notice when every single paper and radio pundit gives out about a team.

They are to GAA what Bolton used to be to soccer. Feck all talent, but my goodness will they ever rile you up and stop you playing nice football. Not pretty, but effective.
    That said, I dont seem to recall the Bolton players constantly feigning injury to waste time. Funny how Donegal cut that out when they were no longer winning.

• Advertisement

Is that why every single pundit is calling Donegal's style of play "The end of GAA" etc?
    I'm not a fan of the sport, but I do take notice when every single paper and radio pundit gives out about a team.

We had a strong defense method of playing to start off with which didn't let in random points or goals and so it wasn't "exciting" enough for the commentators :rolleyes:

Every single paper and radio really? That's a load of bollocks.
    They are to GAA what Bolton used to be to soccer. Feck all talent, but my goodness will they ever rile you up and stop you playing nice football. Not pretty, but effective.
    That said, I dont seem to recall the Bolton players constantly feigning injury to waste time. Funny how Donegal cut that out when they were no longer winning.

How can you say we have feic all talent? If we have feic all talent then you are basically saying all the teams we beat have even less talent! :pac:

As if NONE of the Dublin palyers feigned injury come on! You have to admit the Dub players are rough feicers at times with no need for it. Plus alot of those injuries were not feigned on both sides. Being slam dunked by a lad aint exactly all fluffy and nice neither is landing on the hard ground :P

We had a strong defense method of playing to start off with which didn't let in random points or goals and so it wasn't "exciting" enough for the commentators :rolleyes:

Every single paper and radio really? That's a load of bollocks.

Yup every single one of them. They're not being controlled from the mothership so I think they might be on to something.

Yup every single one of them. They're not being controlled from the mothership so I think they might be on to something.

They may not be controlled by the mothership but alot of them are just sheep who will follow what the bigger ones say. :p

You actually read every single paper in Ireland and listened to every single radio station in Ireland about their comments on Donegal that's dedication for a sport ye don't follow :pac:

It wasn't an exciting match nobody is denying that. But alot of RTE commentatory was utter bullshit and was sickening.

They may not be controlled by the mothership but alot of them are just sheep who will follow what the bigger ones say. :p

You actually read every single paper in Ireland and listened to every single radio station in Ireland about their comments on Donegal that's dedication for a sport ye don't follow :pac:

It wasn't an exciting match nobody is denying that. But alot of RTE commentatory was utter bullshit and was sickening.

Not dedication to a sport, dedication to my study of media. Besides, you just need to watch a late night/early morning current affairs show where they go through all this lark for ya. Actually it was a sport show within the current affairs show. :)

Not dedication to a sport, dedication to my study of media. Besides, you just need to watch a late night/early morning current affairs show where they go through all this lark for ya. Actually it was a sport show within the current affairs show. :)

Ya still can't claim every single radio station and paper in the whole of Ireland had the exact same view ;)

Anyway there's always next year :D

Ya still can't claim every single radio station and paper in the whole of Ireland had the exact same view ;)

Anyway there's always next year :D

Yeah, some said ye were the end of GAA, others said yiz ruined the match... it differs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

*Sets up for brood*
    My mother is going for more tests on her kidneys now to find out why the one without the stone is inflamed. Doctor pretty sure it's not cancer though.:(
    *Broods*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

hug of comfort Wolf

Oh Lordy Wolfie :(
    Well hopefully the test results come back quickly that way they can help your mum and get her better.

Good vibes and hugs being sent to ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Hope your mum's ok Wolfy. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

>_>

<_<

*brood brood*

Advertisement