Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    He's always been the popular one. :mad:

I said he was cuter :p I never said he was popular! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Solitaire wrote: »
    I said he was cuter :p I never said he was popular! :pac:

Right, next beers, myself and Koth are coming after after YOU brother.

Whatcha gonna do brother..........WHATCHA GONNA DO!?

*hulks out*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Rose, how did you fall? :O

I'm always bemused and curious when grown-ups fall over sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Rose, how did you fall? :O

I'm always bemused and curious when grown-ups fall over sober.

I just tripped. I seem to do it a lot lately. :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

reallyrose wrote: »
    I just tripped. I seem to do it a lot lately. :/
    You should have your inner ear checked. You may has balance issues.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, I've suffered two FB culls in a week. I must be becoming a prick in my old age.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Parents just sat me down and begged me to lose weight before it's too late. Wow. Shouldn't affect me this much.

Parents just sat me down and begged me to lose weight before it's too late. Wow. Shouldn't affect me this much.

Was it an intervention type deal? It sounds cringe-worthy alright.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

that sounds very intense, don't see how you wouldn't be affected by that.

why were they begging you to lose weight?

If you can read this, you're too close!

I've gained a lot of weight recently. Problem is I'm mainly eating because of the stress of being around my dad, and I'm stuck with him till September. 'course I can't say that to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Focus on the positive, they meant it out of care and love as they want what is best for you so just want you to be as healthy as possible.

I wish I had of gotten my ass healthy when I was much younger instead of waiting till my late twenties to even start it.

Maguined wrote: »
    I wish I had of gotten my ass healthy when I was much younger instead of waiting till my late twenties to even start it.

Very true, I didn't get moving until I was 19, so I basically missed out on my teens.

Very true, I didn't get moving until I was 19, so I basically missed out on my teens.

I'm 19 now, and I've been trying to lose weight since I was in first year of school (was a wee bit on the tubby side but it was more in my head then), I just don't have the willpower though. I feel pathetic tbh, can't get a job and can't stop ****ing eating

I'm 19 now, and I've been trying to lose weight since I was in first year of school (was a wee bit on the tubby side but it was more in my head then), I just don't have the willpower though. I feel pathetic tbh, can't get a job and can't stop ****ing eating

You'll find it eventually. As with a lot of things, you have to hit rock bottom before you develop the determination to change.

You just have to assess your life, see what is making you unhappy, and then see how many of those issues are caused by your weight.

You can do it, but it ain't easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Right, next beers, myself and Koth are coming after after YOU brother.

Whatcha gonna do brother..........WHATCHA GONNA DO!?

*hulks out*

Ultimate Warrior runs in!

Shakes ropes!

Kicks Hogan's coke-fiend face in! WARRIORRRRR!

(I actually just shouted WARRIOR in my office. I'm just hopefully people assume it's due to the start of the silly season.)

Not saying you shouldn't lose weight (being overweight is baaaad, I'm constantly trying to assemble the will power and motivation to lose all my flab)
    but weren't you quite happy with some of your recent weight gain? Boobs a bit bustier, cute lil curvy belly, fuller cheeks etc? I haven't seen you since forevs, so, that's not me saying you looked better, but I thought you posted a while back that you quite liked your new aesthetic? So, maybe don't feel as super ****ty as many would after such a talk, just keep fit and when you're back in college you'll be less stressed and will slim down.

You'll find it eventually. As with a lot of things, you have to hit rock bottom before you develop the determination to change.

You just have to assess your life, see what is making you unhappy, and then see how many of those issues are caused by your weight.

You can do it, but it ain't easy.

I can think of plenty of things to say to that, but they all sound like excuses as soon as I type them out...I dunno, what you're saying is logical, but I just can't seem to apply it...
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Not saying you shouldn't lose weight (being overweight is baaaad, I'm constantly trying to assemble the will power and motivation to lose all my flab)
    but weren't you quite happy with some of your recent weight gain? Boobs a bit bustier, cute lil curvy belly, fuller cheeks etc? I haven't seen you since forevs, so, that's not me saying you looked better, but I thought you posted a while back that you quite liked your new aesthetic? So, maybe don't feel as super ****ty as many would after such a talk, just keep fit and when you're back in college you'll be less stressed and will slim down.

That was my way of trying to deal with it, accepting it. Never fully happened tbh. I wouldn't mind, I had already told myself that I will make the extra effort once I get back to college and away from my dad, but now that he's said this I don't know what to do, I guess I'm panicking a bit because I hate seeing anyone around here and I tend to stay in my bedroom most of the time, god I'm just rambling now I'll shut up ^^

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ultimate Warrior runs in!

Shakes ropes!

Kicks Hogan's coke-fiend face in! WARRIORRRRR!

(I actually just shouted WARRIOR in my office. I'm just hopefully people assume it's due to the start of the silly season.)

The ironing is delicious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

As someone who's been at the end of multiple family interventions, they suck. And most of the time your initial reaction is to tell them to f*** off and then continue doing what you've been doing. Which feels great for all of 5 seconds. Your eating habits aren't going to change over night, you need to look at what's causing the stress eating, and if it's your dad, you should confront him. Tell him what he's doing to cause your stress and that you need him to back off.

It takes 21 days to break or begin a habit, so when you feel stressed instead of grabbing something to eat go for a walk or walk away from whatever's causing your stress and just take a few minutes to yourself. Find something that works for you and stick with it. Don't rush yourself either or you'll feel worse if you give in to temptation. And if you do eat something unhealthy just say 'right I did that, time to move on'. Whenever I'm trying to change something in my lifestyle and I sc**w it up I dwell on that mess up for ages and then lose all the positive energy I had for making the change.

Hope you feel better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mabel

Hope you're okay Squishykins... I know I'm a bit of a stranger here but one tip on my diet for what it's worth - frozen berries eliminated my going to the shops for a choc bar snack - deadly serious :) Hope I'm not being too flippant!

Bit more trivial but two TWO job rejection letters... I guess I should be thankful they're replying though right? The wrasslin' references make it worthwhile though [warrior] HUKK HOGAHN [/warrior]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you want meaty goodness, get it from a good butcher. Too much processed "meat" (not sure if you can call it that if it came from Tesco!) = Fail.

Also, if you have to nibble something, nibble an apple or a mint or a skittle (singular, not packet :p). Savour it :) It will drastically reduce snacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Damn women I hate yehs all:( Ah no not really its just to much hard work sometimes. I think ill just give up and be single for good me reckons things would be alot easier :).

Sorry never posted here before just needed to do a little bit of venting:o.

Damn women I hate yehs all:( Ah no not really its just to much hard work sometimes. I think ill just give up and be single for good me reckons things would be alot easier :).

Sorry never posted here before just needed to do a little bit of venting:o.

No need to be sorry, the thread is for ranting :) Relationships are hard work at times, if it's too much you're better off being single for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers:). Ah I know I am better of being single, and a lot of people keep talling me to end it. But damn me I cant bring myself to do it I like the girl to much, and everytime I get close to ending it. She becomes the woman I like and makes me change my mind again :o.

Ah sure thats life I guess:cool:.

Cheers:). Ah I know I am better of being single, and a lot of people keep talling me to end it. But damn me I cant bring myself to do it I like the girl to much, and everytime I get close to ending it. She becomes the woman I like and makes me change my mind again :o.

Ah sure thats life I guess:cool:.

Oh that sounds way harsher than I thought, sorry :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Son of a gods damned mother****ing whoremongering disease-ridden bitch!!!! Why must updating my security software subscription be such a monumental pain in the mother****ing ass?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

check virus updates
    download virus updates
    server tosses me off line
    can not process updates :D:pac::p

More like the subscription portal for the store where I bought the software is off-line. Cue me going direct to the program's manufacturer. Then my computer freezes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

the above is what mine is doing, I expect to be tossed off line at any minute. I am tired of looking at that little red warning - it upsets me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What "security software" are you using?
    Could be able to recommend a better one what needs less user interaction.
    Son of a gods damned mother****ing whoremongering disease-ridden bitch!!!! Why must updating my security software subscription be such a monumental pain in the mother****ing ass?!!!

• Advertisement

Try to be optimistic. This time it will work.

Advertisement