Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

What "security software" are you using?
    Could be able to recommend a better one what needs less user interaction.
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Kaspersky, while good for AV software, is still an unnecessary pain in the hole. Download microsoft security essentials, it's free and up there with the best of AV software (which costs a ****ton more).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
    Kaspersky, while good for AV software, is still an unnecessary pain in the hole. Download microsoft security essentials, it's free and up there with the best of AV software (which costs a ****ton more).

The ex-KGB AV is ok but I HATE any "Internet Security" suite since they hog to much resources and are VERY easy to bypass.

Your best options are:

Install Microsoft Security Essentials for AV that will auto update in the backround with normal Windows updates :http://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/security_essentials/default.aspx

For Malware get a free copy of MalwareBytes the newest version is a one click upgrade that auto checks when you run it.
    And then run a full scan even month /two months or when system is running slow. : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware?1

Also grab a copy of ComboFix for when the Malware Bytes and remove something or the malware breaks something: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

And as a Finish if all else fails there is "AVG Rescue CD / USB" which you and boot off and it will remove stuff that is hiding from the other tools : http://www.avg.com/ie-en/avg-rescue-cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmm, I've suffered two FB culls in a week. I must be becoming a prick in my old age.

:pac:

Scratch this, my list went back up a number, I must be friends with one of those weirdos who constantly deactivate and then reactivate their account. At least now I know I'm not a prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Scratch this, my list went back up a number, I must be friends with one of those weirdos who constantly deactivate and then reactivate their account. At least now I know I'm not a prick!
    *coughs*

• Advertisement

You might want to get that checked out. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

The ex-KGB AV is ok but I HATE any "Internet Security" suite since they hog to much resources and are VERY easy to bypass.

Your best options are:

Install Microsoft Security Essentials for AV that will auto update in the backround with normal Windows updates :http://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/security_essentials/default.aspx

For Malware get a free copy of MalwareBytes the newest version is a one click upgrade that auto checks when you run it.
    And then run a full scan even month /two months or when system is running slow. : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware?1

Also grab a copy of ComboFix for when the Malware Bytes and remove something or the malware breaks something: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

And as a Finish if all else fails there is "AVG Rescue CD / USB" which you and boot off and it will remove stuff that is hiding from the other tools : http://www.avg.com/ie-en/avg-rescue-cd
    Thanks gents, i got it sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

You might want to get that checked out. :pac:

Ya wee fart! Ya changed yer name. I'm still gonna call you Lizzy and all the other variations :p

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ya wee fart! Ya changed yer name. I'm still gonna call you Lizzy and all the other variations :p

*shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

ToniTuddle wrote: »

No no, tudz, it's Bobbins now! :pac:

• Advertisement

Bobbins me hole.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Bobbins me hole.

Kinky :P:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    Kinky :P:D

Well, I am Handsome Bob after all....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

*shakes fist*

Aye cause ye doing that really puts the fear into meh :pac::cool:

But whhhhhhhhhhy what did I miss :p

Naaa she's always gonna be Lizzy or Lesbian 5 or LizzBalls :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wasn't "she" dubbed LezBob earlier? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Excruciating pain in my calfs to the point of not being able to walk, this weekend is not gonna be good:(:( least I'm off work.

Physiotherapy feels a lot like going to the dentist, a lot of pain involved:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The truth hurts..........:'(

The truth hurts..........:'(

Aww:( but not for long, it does get easier after a bit.

micayla wrote: »
    Physiotherapy feels a lot like going to the dentist, a lot of pain involved:(:(:(:(

What happened to your calfs? And eff em Seph, don't let the words of people bring ya down.

• Advertisement

What happened to your calfs? And eff em Seph, don't let the words of people bring ya down.

I tore my right calf muscle, way more painful than I would have thought.

I tore my right calf muscle, way more painful than I would have thought.

Ouch, I'd imagine that it's very painful alright, sure it's a tender area.

Ouch, I'd imagine that it's very painful alright, sure it's a tender area.

According to my physio the pain equals that of being shot in the leg.

According to my physio the pain equals that of being shot in the leg.

Jaysus, how did ya manage it ya silly mare. :P

Jaysus, how did ya manage it ya silly mare. :P

30K walk for charity:o

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Forza Rosa!

When I saw this post my immediate reaction was "Oh Jesus, what's Roe been up to now??"....

And then I remembered :(:(

When I saw this post my immediate reaction was "Oh Jesus, what's Roe been up to now??"....

And then I remembered :(:(

:(

I'm brooding it up tonight. Brood brood brood

I'm brooding it up tonight. Brood brood brood
    Why, what's wrong with you?

• Advertisement

Why, what's wrong with you?

I lost a great friend late last year. I'm trying to fix the friendship, but it's one sided. I should have cut this person out a long time ago, but I'm too much of a caring bastard. :pac:

Advertisement