Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    How can you say we have feic all talent? If we have feic all talent then you are basically saying all the teams we beat have even less talent! :pac:

It's not always the most skilled who wins. Sometimes the most crafty prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I iz SICK!!!

Con-Flu has been trying to kill me since before I got back from Germany but now has taken off since the blood level in my alcohol system has increased.

The other guy in work is off for the next 4 day so I can even take a day off :/

Looks like I'll be stocking up on ant-plague meds....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Went shopping and ended up depressed. Nothing looked in any way nice on and to make matters worse, I seem to have been surrounded by teeny tiny gorgeous women all over New Look. Self confidence = gone :/

Also, I miss teh internets. Our new house isn't set up yet (hopefully tomorrow!) and it's just a pain not having it. I keep needing to look up stuff! Paying for it in an internet cafe feels dirty ;_;

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Konata wrote: »
    I seem to have been surrounded by teeny tiny gorgeous women all over New Look. Self confidence = gone :/

I thought you were one of those teeny tiny gorgeous women ya fool! :D:P *hugs* :) Tell the oniony one to talk some sense into you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Just back on the teeny tiny women until you can sight them between index finger and thumb and crunch their tiny little perfect heads- satisfying ;):p:D

Just today yahoo sez: Cincinnati birth and death records free online University Cincinnati archives." They all ready broke down won't be up again for sore until Sept ! - bummer.:(

Hugs BZ think garlic makes plague go 'way? Get well quick.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Galvasean wrote: »
    It's not always the most skilled who wins. Sometimes the most crafty prevail.
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yeah, some said ye were the end of GAA, others said yiz ruined the match... it differs.

Shuuuuuuuuuuudap the two of ye! Or there will be clips round the ear :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

More disgraceful behavior from the Donegal...

tututut....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'll go get the bat ready for you Tuds.

Galvasean wrote: »
    More disgraceful behavior from the Donegal...

tututut....

Next time we meet the poke shall be directed into your EYE!!!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Next time we meet the poke shall be directed into your EYE!!!

The question is: Did you learn the dirty tactics from your GAA team or vice versa?

• Advertisement

On top of been sick I found out yesterday that I "may" not have a job after end of November, my job is been outsourced and I "should" be transferred but it's still up in the air....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

On top of been sick I found out yesterday that I "may" not have a job after end of November, my job is been outsourced and I "should" be transferred but it's still up in the air....

That's rubbish. But look at it this way, you were already considering handing in your notice weren't you? This could just be the added encouragement you needed.

That's rubbish. But look at it this way, you were already considering handing in your notice weren't you? This could just be the added encouragement you needed.

My plan was to go to as many Conferences and Festivals I could last year & this year, and I've another 3 before the end of the year I may not be able to get the time off for now :/

Plus the plan was to not start look till Jan/Feb and with my epic procrastination it would of been neared the middle of next year but feck it, I'll have to wait and see what happens in 2 months.

But on a plus side, I got post of the day again :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74150435&postcount=1

Any time I wonder if shooting myself the day I turn 50 sounds melodramatic, I just look at my father, and realise the necessity of such a course of action.

In related news: Sky+ on the fritz again, probably going to cost hundreds to replace as its out of warranty so now wondering about just cancelling them and building a DVB-S HTPC around the existing dish for the living room. In the meantime my father rants and raves about evil Murdoch conspiracies and how the antennas on the CIA cars monitoring us are what's really interfering with the Sky. Oh joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

My next door neighbour got a new dog and they just leave it out in their back garden allllllllll day and night. As if that wasnt bad enough the poor thing is constantly yelping and barking for attention, which keeps setting my pair off. Not a moments peace :mad: :(

poor baby. Acey always barks when the new pup next door cries. There is some shade for him but he doesn't know what to do, and it is still hot out there.

I feel so sorry for their dogs, they have a daughter who they just seem to gift a dog to every few months. I think there's 4 dogs out the back now (our back gardens are small- average size) who are left there ALL the time. I have never seen anyone out playing with the poor things.

That's awful! :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I'd count that almost as neglect..the poor things:( I can't imagine just ignoring my dog, and leaving her all alone out the back all the time.

I feel so sorry for their dogs, they have a daughter who they just seem to gift a dog to every few months. I think there's 4 dogs out the back now (our back gardens are small- average size) who are left there ALL the time. I have never seen anyone out playing with the poor things.

Do they have proper decent shelter for the 4 dogs and enough water and food out for them?
    You can always ring the Dublin SPCA, you wouldn't have to give your name, and tell them about it and see if they could send someone to pay that family a visit.

Sometimes folks really just haven't got a clue about how to look after their pets properly and they need to be told! :/
    It's worth a shot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Anybody who causes an animal to come to harm should be hung up and rented out as a punching bag for heavyweight boxers to train on.

But only if they're using spiked gloves evilgrin.gif

Do they have proper decent shelter for the 4 dogs and enough water and food out for them?
    You can always ring the Dublin SPCA, you wouldn't have to give your name, and tell them about it and see if they could send someone to pay that family a visit.

Sometimes folks really just haven't got a clue about how to look after their pets properly and they need to be told! :/
    It's worth a shot!

After 4 dogs they should know! Mind you, they had a little terrier for years and it was king of the castle! I don't know why they treat these dogs so differently!

I've been tempted to ring the ISPCA many times, but they're the kind of people who would make up a load of stuff to get us in trouble as revenge, and I don't want to put my dogs at risk! My other option is opening heir back gate in the middle of the night and setting them free! Then ring the ISPCA about strays in the area

After 4 dogs they should know! Mind you, they had a little terrier for years and it was king of the castle! I don't know why they treat these dogs so differently!

I've been tempted to ring the ISPCA many times, but they're the kind of people who would make up a load of stuff to get us in trouble as revenge, and I don't want to put my dogs at risk! My other option is opening heir back gate in the middle of the night and setting them free! Then ring the ISPCA about strays in the area

Noooooo! Definitely don't do that. If they aint neutered they could end up getting some other [poor dogs in the area pregnant. Or else they could get knocked down and badly injured or even killed. Or picked up by dog warden and put into pound and simply put to sleep after 5 days :/

They would never know you called just don't leave your name and don't use the word neighbour at any point ;) Just give them the address and a brief outline of the neglect, say you can't give anymore information and ask if anything can be done or at least someone to be sent out to have a look. Plain and simples!

The Guards can actually be involved too (even though alot claim it aint got anything to do with them:rolleyes:) it's the law to provide shelter and food and water to any animals you own. Some people only do that in very basic terms :/

Yes don't just turn them loose, will not solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

It's so awful when people can't be bothered to take care of their pets. I've been dying to get a cat for years but one won't fit in my little apartment.
    But some people upstairs have a dog. :eek: One of those floppy eared spaniels with all the hair. I hear him clattering about the flat at night sometimes. Can't be a lot of fun for him. :(

Don't they walk him??!? :eek::(

Solitaire wrote: »
    Don't they walk him??!? :eek::(

I've never once seen them walk any of them. The eldest son lived there for a while a few months ago and brought his (absolutely stunning) Husky wit him and in fairness id see him walking it every day, but never the smaller ones.
    Noooooo! Definitely don't do that. If they aint neutered they could end up getting some other [poor dogs in the area pregnant. Or else they could get knocked down and badly injured or even killed. Or picked up by dog warden and put into pound and simply put to sleep after 5 days :/

They would never know you called just don't leave your name and don't use the word neighbour at any point ;) Just give them the address and a brief outline of the neglect, say you can't give anymore information and ask if anything can be done or at least someone to be sent out to have a look. Plain and simples!

The Guards can actually be involved too (even though alot claim it aint got anything to do with them:rolleyes:) it's the law to provide shelter and food and water to any animals you own. Some people only do that in very basic terms :/

I might actually do that, just ring then anonymously, say im concerned. The only thing that would worry me is that you'd only know the conditions if you could see into their back garden, there's only 4 houses that could be.

I was talking about Rose's neighbour :p

I already figured your neighbours' dogs don't :(:mad:

• Advertisement

Well this is embarrassing.....

Advertisement