Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Solitaire wrote: »
    Yay! :D

Well I think........actually I could be completely wrong and be a right dry fart :pac: but we will worry about that on the night :D

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    actually I could be completely wrong and be a right dry fart :pac:

BOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

So I'm in work when Elvis pops on the player, we're having a 60s/70s promo at the mo, anyway it brings back a memory from about 12 years back of a cd I had, was my brother's then got passed on to me, of Bugs Bunny and friends singing Elvis. As I'm walking home I start thinking about other memories linked to that one and now I'm somewhere between half laughing half crying at the moment:( Thank gods for the ice cream in my freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

And Dance of Dragons could possibly be re-read with added icecream aspect, that might help. Plus one of the dodgiest movies ever is about to end, so, at least you won't have to watch it. That's a plus.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    And Dance of Dragons could possibly be re-read with added icecream aspect, that might help. Plus one of the dodgiest movies ever is about to end, so, at least you won't have to watch it. That's a plus.

Dodgy movie? They're usually good:pac: To my eternal shame I have yet to complete the first read:(

micayla wrote: »
    Dodgy movie? They're usually good:pac: To my eternal shame I have yet to complete the first read:(

Oh I didn't want to offend you by suggesting the first read should help, but now that it's all ahead of you, sure get stuck in. Still a few chapters left in my Feast for (of?) Crows, my usual problem of only getting to read a chapter a night before conking out.

Yeah, wasn't dodgy good, it wasn't, um, Footloose dodgy, it was... attempt at thriller/drama movie with one dimensional characters and plot holes a go-go type dodgy. Don't Say a Word it might have been called. I tried to ignore. Boromir was killed again. He always gets killed.

Oh I didn't want to offend you by suggesting the first read should help, but now that it's all ahead of you, sure get stuck in. Still a few chapters left in my Feast for (of?) Crows, my usual problem of only getting to read a chapter a night before conking out.

Yeah, wasn't dodgy good, it wasn't, um, Footloose dodgy, it was... attempt at thriller/drama movie with one dimensional characters and plot holes a go-go type dodgy. Don't Say a Word it might have been called. I tried to ignore. Boromir was killed again. He always gets killed.

No offence taken:) A Feats for Crows:p When in work I'm getting through about 200 pages each day.

Think I've seen that one. Poor Sean Bean, dies in everything, it's pretty much expected at this stage. In fact
    I laughed till my stomach hurt when he got cast as Ned Stark!
    If anyone is only now watching A Game of Thrones/reading it don't read the spoiler.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Am in horrific pain with my knee for about the last 3 hours... Not sure what I did to it but sweet jebus the pain!! :(

Am in horrific pain with my knee for about the last 3 hours... Not sure what I did to it but sweet jebus the pain!! :(

Last 3 hours eh? Coincides with a certain Facebook comment. Just sayin... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Last 3 hours eh? Coincides with a certain Facebook comment. Just sayin... :cool:

I didn't post anything on FB between 10pm last night when my knee started to hurt and when I posted this at 1:18am... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ugh, bad portion of taco fries, feel like a sack of **** now. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ugh, bad portion of taco fries, feel like a sack of **** now. >_<

Such a thing exists?! Oh no :( I hope it wasn't from Rico's, i love that place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

All panicky this evening ;_;

jokettle wrote: »
    Such a thing exists?! Oh no :( I hope it wasn't from Rico's, i love that place!

Nope, mah local d'angelos.

What has ya all squirmish Konata?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Nope, mah local d'angelos.

What has ya all squirmish Konata?

Low self esteem! Just getting down about my body and stuff. I used to get real bad panic attacks, they just come out of nowhere :/

Waaaaaaaaaah, feeling bad sucks.

Konata wrote: »
    Low self esteem! Just getting down about my body and stuff. I used to get real bad panic attacks, they just come out of nowhere :/

Panic attacks are horrible things, you poor pet :(

I can relate to that. No matter how much progress one can make, sometimes you still feel like you're right back at you're worst.

It's a **** buzz, and it can come out of nowhere, but the important thing is to look at things in perspective, and to realise how far you've come!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I am thinking of straightening my hair, throwing my fringe in front of my eyes and changing my name to Obsidian Raven while crying because daddy never did get me that pony!

Maguined wrote: »
    I am thinking of straightening my hair, throwing my fringe in front of my eyes and changing my name to Obsidian Raven while crying because daddy never did get me that pony!

Ooooooooooookay....

So tell me, Obsidian, what brought on these feelings?

• Advertisement

In a serious brooding funk today :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

jokettle wrote: »
    Ooooooooooookay....

So tell me, Obsidian, what brought on these feelings?

The same thing that brings all negative feelings in the world, a girl. :p
    micayla wrote: »
    In a serious brooding funk today :(:(

Finished Dance With Dragons and getting post completion depression?

The same thing that brings all negative feelings in the world, a girl. :p

Yeah, we're mean like that. Soz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

It must be going around. I have a brood too.
    I fell this morning and now I have a head-bruise and a head-scratch as well as a head-ache. :(

Finished Dance With Dragons and getting post completion depression?

Yea pretty much :(
    reallyrose wrote: »
    I fell this morning and now I have a head-bruise and a head-scratch as well as a head-ache. :(

Aww that sucks rose *hugs*

Pft, you're a super hottie, don't be down about your body, ya mentalist. :)

I'm finding the straight hair hard to picture, but I imagine you'd pull it off if you really wanted to. Give it a twirl sure! :)
    reallyrose wrote: »

Poor head... but the ribs are ok right? Please don't tell me the ribs have re-kaput!

^ What about me, am I a super little hottie? :(

Not as cute as Kùth I'm afraid :o

:pac:

He's always been the popular one. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

He's always been the popular one. :mad:

Not with me he aint :pac::pac::pac:

*counts down to Last Man Standing Round 11*

Advertisement