Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Outstanding tonight. Such great performances all round. Wish all soaps would be more sparing with what they release to the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it an overdose, bad batch of gear?

i mean what happened, wasn't watching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

i mean what happened, wasn't watching
    We don't really know Talking Bread. Her Mam went up to wake her and she was unresponsive. Moira touched her hand and her face and that was that. Moira told the police that she found an empty wrapper on the floor of her bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Did it show her buying it from a dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No she was all happy with Jai yesterday, he was taking her to Paris

Maybe she died of natural causes not drugs

• Advertisement

No she was all happy with Jai yesterday, he was taking her to Paris

Maybe she died of natural causes not drugs
    But her mother found the packet on the floor ?. It really was the best episode for ages.

Cain coming to the farm at the end for Moira, great scene

The actress who played Moira was superb so raw and emotional with her grieve

Cain coming to the farm at the end for Moira, great scene

The actress who played Moira was superb so raw and emotional with her grieve
    Yeah the two of them were so realistic. Great acting.

I even feel sorry for Jai

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

God what a heart wrenching episode. I love Moira and Cain together. So emotional watching it. Thought Vanessa was brilliant also tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They should have left all this charity and Cain crap out of the last few weeks and let Cain support Moira without that Charity crap hanging over them.

Don't like Cain and Moira as a couple though...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They should have left all this charity and Cain crap out of the last few weeks and let Cain support Moira without that Charity crap hanging over them.

Don't like Cain and Moira as a couple though...

Blame writers for that, they should give them a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The last time Cain spoke to her he called her a smack head, he was always horrible to that girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Now that's how u do a storyline! It was like the days of old when we didn't have three week press coverage of a death / murder. We literally found out she was dead as moira did! Why can't more soaps do it that way still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Now that's how u do a storyline! It was like the days of old when we didn't have three week press coverage of a death / murder. We literally found out she was dead as moira did! Why can't more soaps do it that way still?

EE are the only soap that do it often.

EE are the only soap that do it often.

Really? When was last surprise death on EE?

I think Hollyoaks does the shock surprise twist deaths well

Home and away aswell, with the gas explosion at the caravan park.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Brilliant and beautifully acted episodes tonight... Really really well done and the fact none of us saw it coming worked fantastically. Being caught off guard like that really packed an emotional punch - the tears were coming hard and fast while I was watching tonight, but if I had known about it in advance it probably would've had little to no impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Best ever acting from Holly as well;-);-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just catching up, wasn't expecting that at all! Great episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Two fantastic episodes last night - really well done. The impact was definitely increased because there was no indication of what was coming.
    Going to be some interesting stories to come out of this...what impact will it have on the Cain & Moira storyline? It felt so right at the end when he came to her at the end. I've always felt that they really work as a couple.
    Also, what about poor Jai? At least now Priya knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

First time in this thread, so hope others dont mind me joining in!

Was a brilliant 2 episodes last night, didnt see any of that coming!
    Holly seemed so happy and i was wondering where her and Jai would lead to!

Did Jai have anything to do with what happened, so many questions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Two fantastic episodes last night - really well done. The impact was definitely increased because there was no indication of what was coming.
    Going to be some interesting stories to come out of this...what impact will it have on the Cain & Moira storyline? It felt so right at the end when he came to her at the end. I've always felt that they really work as a couple.
    Also, what about poor Jai? At least now Priya knows...

Agree with everyone's posts , both episodes were excellently done .
    Great performances from everyone involved , from Moira finding Holly to Adam wanting to hit out at someone , all very real reactions.

It was like the "old" Emmerdale again , catching us off guard and leaving us looking at the tv wondering where the f**k did that come from :)

Jai , felt sorry for him to be honest , but what's the odds that when they find out that he and Holly were together , that someone will jump to the conclusion that it's his fault she relapsed? I hope not .

Interesting times ahead .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I was going to post the other day about how Emmerdale was becoming a little too slapstick. In the last few weeks we have had a ton of daytime parties in the Woolpack (Traceys birthday, Johnnys birthday, Stag and Hen) which I thought was really weird but looking back on it now it seems the producers intentionally had the silly storylines (Jimmy and Nicola) and slapstick more to the forefront so that last nights episodes would be even more impactful.

The actress who plays Moira is just amazing.

Im wondering if Hollys death plans into the anniversary week stunts

The producer had said the weeks episodes beginniing October 17th are billed as
    The Big Chill meets Final Destination
    . Even though that
    movie was about a suicide
    I suspect that Hollys Funeral will be that week. I think James
    is getting killed off that week too as Emma finds out about him and Moira.

Bad time for the Bartons.

Big Vern wrote: »
    First time in this thread, so hope others dont mind me joining in!

Was a brilliant 2 episodes last night, didnt see any of that coming!
    Holly seemed so happy and i was wondering where her and Jai would lead to!

Did Jai have anything to do with what happened, so many questions!!

I actually think and couldn't understand why she took drugs again because she was in a great place with her work and her and Jai getting together, she had so much to look forward to but one of her last scenes she meet Cain and she was talking about Moira to him saying something like he should speak to her again and he turned around so nasty and said what would a smack head like you know. So words do hurt and effect so maybe that was one of the reasons she decided to take drugs then again.

He's such a nasty individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

fin12 wrote: »
    one of her last scenes she meet Cain and she was talking about Moira to him saying something like he should speak to her again and he turned around so nasty and said what would a smack head like you know. So words do hurt and effect so maybe that was one of the reasons she decided to take drugs then again.

Everything Cain said would happen, did happen. She was a smack head and a lot of them go down the same route as holly, ruining families along the way.

The 2 episopes were really well done. I knew what was gonna happen as I'd heard but my wife guessed about 2 mins in, the happy Moira scenes with the music were a giveaway that something was going on, not sure how she guessed the death tho.
    Kinda feel sorry for Jai, even if he is a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

fin12 wrote: »
    I actually think and couldn't understand why she took drugs again because she was in a great place with her work and her and Jai getting together, she had so much to look forward to but one of her last scenes she meet Cain and she was talking about Moira to him saying something like he should speak to her again and he turned around so nasty and said what would a smack head like you know. So words do hurt and effect so maybe that was one of the reasons she decided to take drugs then again.

I had forgotten about her chat with Cain!
    Those words must have hurt. Interesting few weeks ahead to see what will come out of it all.

.red. wrote: »
    Everything Cain said would happen, did happen. She was a smack head and a lot of them go down the same route as holly, ruining families along the way.

The 2 episopes were really well done. I knew what was gonna happen as I'd heard but my wife guessed about 2 mins in, the happy Moira scenes with the music were a giveaway that something was going on, not sure how she guessed the death tho.
    Kinda feel sorry for Jai, even if he is a creep.

Ya what he said is true about addicts but I guarantee you if it was Debbie who was an addict he wouldn't treat her the way he treated Holly. He was just pure nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

A few weeks ago Jai had a conversation with Holly where he said that he was most tempted to do drugs again when he was feeling happy. Perhaps that's what happened to Holly also. She had been at a wedding of an old friend so would have probably have met up with her druggie mates again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

They were 2 fascinating episodes, really enjoyed them. The fact that we didn't know about this or see it coming for weeks made a huge difference.

It will lead now to a lot of unanswered questions. Did Holly actually die of an overdose? Did the heroin wrap not blow in the window? didn't see any needles?

Great storyline and very sad.

I'd imagine for anyone who's ever found anyone dead though it must have been an awful one to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement