Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Paddy is back a while now, no interest in his business or house. Even with Rhona gone to Italy Vanessa is picking up the pieces of Rhona apparent fully booked diary of calls.
    But Vanessa has a baby..while Paddy is down the pub shoving Marlons sausage in his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

while Paddy is down the pub shoving Marlons sausage in his mouth.

Been watching the Carry On films again, have ya?

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

I've made that point before about none of the vets actually doing any work. In real life the practice would have been bankrupt by now.

Paddy and Marlon have each had 3 marriages, all ending in divorce or separation save for Tricia's unfortunate encounter with the chimney. I don't know what age they're supposed to be but it's a fair achievement given that neither of them has ever really left the Dales as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Radio5 wrote: »
    I've made that point before about none of the vets actually doing any work. In real life the practice would have been bankrupt by now.

Paddy and Marlon have each had 3 marriages, all ending in divorce or separation save for Tricia's unfortunate encounter with the chimney. I don't know what age they're supposed to be but it's a fair achievement given that neither of them has ever really left the Dales as far as I can remember.

That has always been my impression too of the vets.

Also on Moira's farm, occasionally there is talk about being very busy, and at one stage they were seeking contracts and whatnot. But most of the time nobody does much work. James and Pete used to work there, not sure if they still do.
    Andy was probably the one we used to see most working there, of old. Then he moved on, and now I believe he is gone. I'm not watching at the moment because I find it more annoying than entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Its the same with the sweet factory. The staff are always ringing in to take a sick day :):) No wonder their is always so much overtime in the place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How did James buy into Moira's farm as he was broke when he arrived, didn't Declan own part of the farm too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

gazzer wrote: »
    Its the same with the sweet factory. The staff are always ringing in to take a sick day :):) No wonder their is always so much overtime in the place :)

Sweet factory that makes no sweets. Seem all they do is pack them, but that makes no sense as sweets are not shipped loose to other places to be packed, they would be packed where they're made. Seems it's a not for ''individual resale racket ''they have going on :D

How did Moira not miss her bra :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Moira not miss her bra :confused:

I know especially when she walked home:confused::confused: it would be pretty obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think she thought she had shoved it into her bag and only noticed it wasn't there when she went to unpack the bag.

• Advertisement

As nutty as she is, I feel sorry for Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

As nutty as she is, I feel sorry for Emma
    Remember she tried to kill her son. She is a physco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

She nearly killed James too, can't remember exactly what happened tho??. She kicked out in the barn and broke something that fell on him, then legged it leaving him for dead. He didn't remember anything when he woke up in hospital.

She's a proper but job, I like her tho.
    They should have herself and Moira mud wrestle in bikinis, the winner gets James lol.

.red. wrote: »

She nearly killed James too, can't remember exactly what happened tho??. She kicked out in the barn and broke something that fell on him, then legged it leaving him for dead. He didn't remember anything when he woke up in hospital.

They should have herself and Moira mud wrestle in bikinis, the winner gets James lol.
    Yeah your right. I forgot about her husband. And then she tried to drive chastity mad as well. She's a horror.

Who would want James, they both could do better, Cain and John I understand but James just no

Who would want James, they both could do better, Cain and John I understand but James just no
    My sister is in love with Cain for years. But I would prefer pierce anyday

James and Moira should be together, James is way too good for Emma.

It's just his hair though, if he cut it, he'd look way different, do u not remember him as Charlie in Corrie he was gorgeous. Don't like Cain anymore after he went off and slept with charity, so predictable. He's like a child, always sulking, never takes any responsibility for his action. And how pathetic is Charity, the way she goes around begging him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

What's the story with parties starting in the middle of the day!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Belle plays the role of nutjob very well. Everything about the current part of the storyline is very good. The affair with the married doctor and fake pregnancy not so much...maybe if doctor had been a bit younger and a better actor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Sam's half-sister is missing and he's partying in the pub... I know he's not the fizziest drink in the fridge but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Blingy wrote: »
    What's the story with parties starting in the middle of the day!!!

Tracey's birthday was today and David said 'Happy 27th birthday'. This means there's 14 years difference between her and Vanessa whose "39th birthday" was celebrated in 2014 (around the time of her and Kirin started dating) and now we had all this sh1t that their dad took the infamous Barbie car off a presumably infant Tracey and gave it to Vanessa when she was 17 - 20 odd years old.

Not very thought through, this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Clearly no continuity person employed there to check there.

Years ago, I remember reading that Corrie had one and their job would be to check for consistency in storylines and for things like references to people who might later be introduced as characters. For example, was it mentioned that Deirdre or Audrey had a sister in Glasgow in case a family emergency is needed to send her there in order to write her out for a while? Or was so and so a smoker? Long after he's gone from the show and some character gets news of his death, it can be mentioned about him being a smoker and so on. It would surely have caught out that inconsistency with their ages.

The whole David /Tracy thing doesn't ring true for me either. He seemed to have been married to Alicia for a short time, then she's gone to Portugal. Are they even divorced yet? And now he is busy proposing Tracy every 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tracey's birthday was today and David said 'Happy 27th birthday'. This means there's 14 years difference between her and Vanessa whose "39th birthday" was celebrated in 2014 (around the time of her and Kirin started dating) and now we had all this sh1t that their dad took the infamous Barbie car off a presumably infant Tracey and gave it to Vanessa when she was 17 - 20 odd years old.

Not very thought through, this one...

I was just wondering today how old Vanessa was meant to be, purely because of Kirin. Priya is only meant to be just turned 30 and Kirin must be 20ish now? Meaning the age gap between Priya and Rakesh must be fairly big...yet Rakesh's big problem with Kirin and Vanessa was the age gap...

I was just wondering today how old Vanessa was meant to be, purely because of Kirin. Priya is only meant to be just turned 30 and Kirin must be 20ish now? Meaning the age gap between Priya and Rakesh must be fairly big...yet Rakesh's big problem with Kirin and Vanessa was the age gap...

I think Vanessa is 40 if not 41.

well in fairness there is a big difference between 21/22 years when the younger guy is still in school and. lets say 14 years (Id imagine he is about that age) when the younger in the relationship is in her late 20s and has lots of life experience under her belt.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Vanessa is 40 if not 41.

you are right actually, still doesnt explain why her father handed her a barbie doll when she was nearly 20 after taking it away from her young sister!!!

maybe Vanessa aged mentally slowly, thats why she ended up shacking up with a fella over 20 years younger than her

fin12 wrote: »
    James and Moira should be together, James is way too good for Emma.

Then together far far far away from Emmerdale

As much as I like Cain, I still cant fathom how Moira would cheat on John

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone thinking Christmas/NY stories will revolve around Emma going crazey again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking Christmas/NY stories will revolve around Emma going crazey again.

There is meant to be a big storyline coming up next month with (as yet uncofirmed) some deaths. The producer said it would be a cross between The Big Chill and Final Destination.

I think James will die then. I imagine the Xmas storyline will be Pierce going crazy and Paddy having to save Rhona.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement