Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

pocketdooz wrote: »
    So, what does your strategy say will happen tomorrow again? Irish bank stocks will rise ?

I didnt go today. As i have said before here, alwayd check the news before going for it. If there is any bad news in the morning before i open my positions i dont open them.

Story on Bloomberg about moodys warning they might cut irish banks last night.
    Not good conditions to make any move after that. Although it didnt hit them as hard as i thought it would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Ive been doing this watching the USA banks thing and buying Irish banks thing and its been making me a few hundred euro a week.
    But why are the banks really taking off the last few days. Whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

BOI was always a reasonably good bet compared to many other banks worldwide, even so, the reason for the poor performance over the last 18mths is still there, surely the insurance scheme has not had an impact already?

Other than that it has to simply be loose sentiment that is flawed. I sold at 93 and I expect a fall to 60c in the next couple of weeks, the rise is for no specific reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

ch750536 wrote: »
    BOI was always a reasonably good bet compared to many other banks worldwide, even so, the reason for the poor performance over the last 18mths is still there, surely the insurance scheme has not had an impact already?

Other than that it has to simply be loose sentiment that is flawed. I sold at 93 and I expect a fall to 60c in the next couple of weeks, the rise is for no specific reason.

A 26% rise , there has to be some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Daragh101 wrote: »

Foreign investors now begining to dip their toes in and buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

ranger4 wrote: »
    Foreign investors now begining to dip their toes in and buy.

Is that true or just your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I'm thinking the same thing re:foreign investors.

Sustained high volume with out any clear data, unlikely to be Irish money behind it. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well, i went in at 39c and got out today at 1.17. I know quite a few folk who have punted heavier and are going longer. I think there is plenty more money to be made, think i will get back on the gravy train if it drops below 70c again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

its got a lot to do with china announcing on monday that there exports were up for the last 3 months compared to yhe 3 months previous shares and markets closed up yesterday as a result

america is also releasing a quartley statement on the condition of their banks tomorrow which is expected to be good due to the recent increased activity in the mortgage and housing market in the last 2 mths

generally a feel good factor is starting to encourage more trading

beware if tomorrows report on america's banks is anything but upbeat the markets will plummet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭EyesLeft

lucky-colm wrote: »
    its got a lot to do with china announcing on monday that there exports were up for the last 3 months compared to yhe 3 months previous shares and markets closed up yesterday as a result

Sure all the financials are up, but it must be more than that: according to finance.google.com IRE was the best performing stock of all in the US this evening, the very best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Any opinions?

I would & did. More than doubled the investment in 3 months, look at what you have & not what you might have & be happy with it.

US stress tests name Irish banks.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/boi-and-aib-need-fresh-capital--us-broker-1733958.html

I wonder is there a big fall on the horizon after the huge increases.

i ****1n hope not..................waitn on a cert to sell...:eek:

i ****1n hope not..................waitn on a cert to sell...:eek:

I think you can sell without the share cert if you want to.

ya but they no i dont have it ive just send off my indemity thing!!

Bit of a drop today alright.
    Not as much as i thought though.

do you think theyl continue to fall this week???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

do you think theyl continue to fall this week???

Yep.

Yep

• Advertisement

not today

not today

What is going on at all :confused:

Im waiting for them to settle back into the pattern so i can go back to making easy money :)

bank of ire shares on american exchange are +23%

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

bank of ire shares on american exchange are +23%

Where can you view this mate?

Gerbud wrote: »
    Where can you view this mate?

Go onto marketwatch.com and type IRE into the search box!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Could someone please explain to me what exactly what would happen to existing shareholders if the government took a majority stake in or if they 'part nationalise' either bank?! Would the shares just be diluted or would it b a another anglo situation?

royaler83 wrote: »
    Could someone please explain to me what exactly what would happen to existing shareholders if the government took a majority stake in or if they 'part nationalise' either bank?! Would the shares just be diluted or would it b a another anglo situation?

well i would imagine shares will diluted, but they will still trade on the exchange and shareholder would still hold there shares!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

Will there come a time in a few months maybe, when NAMA is up and running and it seems that if this seems to be working and nationalisation is out of the way, there will b a huge rush of people looking to buy long-term?

well when NAMA is up and running it will have no effect on share prices, unless mabe the loans are bought for market value, but if there is a huge discount of these loans there will be a shortage of cash in the bank causing poor liquitity,. They gov as they said in the budget will increase their stake in the bank. causing part nationalization!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement