Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What do you think will happen at 40 cent?

When shares reach certain points you get what is known as profit taking. This where inviduals sell shares and eith leave that share alltogeather or consider it over valued and hope to get back in at a lower price. At present that level seems to be when we hit about 32-35c/share.

However if BOI hit 40c(I do not think it will for another while(I may be wrong) it could well trigger large scale sell off those that came in at sub 20c/share will be doubling there money.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭caoty

Probably a ranged fluctuation until more information on the fundamentals is available although I still see large potential about 40 cents in the long term.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    What do you think will happen at 40 cent?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

Anyone considering shorting BOI on a CFD account if and when it hits the 40c mark in anticipation of some major profit-taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭euroboom13

Anyone considering shorting BOI on a CFD account if and when it hits the 40c mark in anticipation of some major profit-taking?

In the first place I still think shorting is banned and secondly since we are only at 33c , do you not think you should be going long to 40c ,rather than waiting till 40 to catch a short ???seems a tad backwards??

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

euroboom13 wrote: »
    In the first place I still think shorting is banned and secondly since we are only at 33c , do you not think you should be going long to 40c ,rather than waiting till 40 to catch a short ???seems a tad backwards??
    I'm new, sorry, didn't know of any ban.

You're dead right, long to 40c and short then, if possible, sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

It's going to be a long wait!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Delisting from the NYSE announced yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Delisting from the NYSE announced yesterday.

Delisting it so they can benefit from "reduced administrative complexity". Only 5% of trades come from there, majority comes from Ireland/UK.

Delisting it so they can benefit from "reduced administrative complexity". Only 5% of trades come from there, majority comes from Ireland/UK.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

So what happens to the shares that have been bought via NYSE in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

Since the announcement of QE, BoI appears to be struggling!!

ABC101 wrote: »
    Since the announcement of QE, BoI appears to be struggling!!

Greek elections have bigger influence I say

Greek elections have bigger influence I say

Don't forget Spanish elections in December..... apparently there is a anti austerity party polling strongly in 2nd place at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yes, Podemos (We can) are likely to poll very strongly, and problems are continuing to mount for the PP

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bener

27c now.... Is worth buying a few???

bener wrote: »
    27c now.... Is worth buying a few???

I think they will go lower.

I suspect that investors are withdrawing money from the periphery of europe due to the Greek election result.

ABC101 wrote: »
    I think they will go lower.

I suspect that investors are withdrawing money from the periphery of europe due to the Greek election result.

Central Bank mortgage rules will probably be putting some negative pressure on the price in the short term too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭dasdog

Central Bank mortgage rules will probably be putting some negative pressure on the price in the short term too.

I've no interest in this any more (reasonable profit taken last year) or any other Irish financial but I would think this. It could be anecdotal but I saw a buy @ $0.24 (US) flash through tradingfloor very early last week or late the previous and thought it was unusual for and Irish stock to appear.

Said it to a small holder and got laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

JohnK wrote: »
    So what happens to the shares that have been bought via NYSE in that case?

Anyone know what happens NYSE bought shares?
    The notice talks about surrender of shares by April 2016 (1year after termination of the ADR programme).

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

seanynova wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens NYSE bought shares?
    The notice talks about surrender of shares by April 2016 (1year after termination of the ADR programme).

As far as i know. You can selI ire on the market now. You can swap each ire for 40 uk/ irish shares before April. you can hang on to ire until April 2016 at which time they will be sold for you and the proceeds given to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

lucky john wrote: »
    As far as i know. You can selI ire on the market now. You can swap each ire for 40 uk/ irish shares before April. you can hang on to ire until April 2016 at which time they will be sold for you and the proceeds given to you.

Thanks lucky john, makes sense I suppose. I sold out anyway as I can only hold TSX and NYSE shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fadofado

Think they will be circa 75c by years end.

fadofado wrote: »

They won't

Not a chance. In around 40c would be a good target to hope for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

:D Completely out of the blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Anything other than rubbing your crystal ball that has made you come to this conclusion?

75c by year end!! Not a chance.

It has been noticeable how the BoI SP has fluctuated with the Greek situation.

I suspect if Greece leaves the euro.... there will be a flight of investors from the euro peripheral nations including Ireland and BoI.

Things sure are very unstable at the moment. What I am hoping for is that the full year 2014 results (due in March?) will lift the SP a touch, perhaps closer to 35c.... but then profit taking will drive it down again.

On the plus front.... unemployment continues to drop, property is rising nationwide.... QE has started... these are all plus points.

The euro has weakened remarkably, which can boost exports, and oil has dropped which can again stimulate activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

FY2014 results will be on Friday the 27th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

After hitting .31 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

SP has now broke through 0.31c resistance i expect sp to be back testing next resistance at 0.35c by next friday on run upto FYR next friday as long as greece situation doesnt backfire.

Advertisement