Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Are you doing a PhD now?

I prefer sociology, but I'm better at anthropology....just like everyone else :p

Yeh, two years in and a long way to go.

I wasn't being serious, we all get on fine, its just the usual academic dandy-ing (though not half as bad as Trinity... :) )

I didn't like anthro all that much, couldn't stomach the ethnographies. Or a certain...approach to....classical theory.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

We want our forum damnit!

On a random note, I'm going to be SO late meeting someone for lunch. So so late.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Disgraceful. I loves me punctuality.

Anyone know where I can get second year booklists? Need to know whether I'll need my geography books next year or if I can add them to the sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Disgraceful. I loves me punctuality.

Anyone know where I can get second year booklists? Need to know whether I'll need my geography books next year or if I can add them to the sig.

If you find out that you don't need the geography books, I'll take them :pac:

You're on.

• Advertisement

You're on.

What are your chosen modules and what are the books? If you bought one of Gibson's/McCarron's recommended texts for physical, then you should hang onto it, as you will need to take at least one physical module per year remaining.

I'm taking:

First semester
    • GY201- Methods of Geographical analysis 1
    • GY216- Natural hazards and Disasters
    • GY232- Cultural Geography
    Second semester
    • GY202- Methods of Geographical analysis 2
    • GY212- Hydrology
    • GY222- Urban Geography.
    Only books I have are the ones required for the first year course, Intro to Physical Geography and Intro to Human Geography.

They will be useful, but it wont matter too much if you sell them on. If you have the Strahler physical book, hang onto it, as it is good for the fundamentals. You wont have much trouble getting papers and chapters copied for the other modules. Can you name the books?

Those are the names of the books. Introduction to Physical geography and Introduction to Human geography. They're compiled from several text books and then printed as one.

Is it common for classes to clash? I just did out my timetable so I could see what my timetable is gonna look like and I realised that two of my classes clash, FR206 and GY232 are both on Thursday at 12. Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

It's like a fecking zoo in the dail at the moment :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yawnage... lockers in college...I need one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Teabag! wrote: »
    new look moodle is cool,

wether it works remains to be seen....

My last post was from April 2010, it would seem.

The New Moodle. It posts from the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Plattsy

banquo wrote: »

It appears that when Maynooth claim to be "ahead of the pack" compared to other unis....they ain't joking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Plattsy wrote: »
    It appears that when Maynooth claim to be "ahead of the pack" compared to other unis....they ain't joking.....

Ha! :D

Also, it's completely untrue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

It's like a fecking zoo in the dail at the moment :/

I see the Clown Comhairle was acting up again. Jesus I'm sick to my teeth of Fianna Fail, when people eventually realise the 'Boys of Kilmichael' and whoever did the right thing and put a few into Michael Collins (ohhhhh, controversial :pac: trollious?) probably wouldn't support the current crop of 'Devs men', civil war politics can finally end. Without their history, Fianna Fail would've been out of the game years ago. My family were of staunch Fianna Fail stock back in the day, I'm sure they'd all be chuffed with NAMA, potential fees and eh.... €500 quid taxis from one terminal to the next.

Here, banquo and all the others who understand this college game better than me: Word on the street is there's a day next week it MAY be possible to change a module or two online? 23rd or 24th? Something said about by the head of a Dept. on the phone, anyone know the craic with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

banquo wrote: »

We laugh about this now but its a disgrace that this still happens. My sister got screwed over by it last year, she had to do her assignment through moodle; log it with updates and then the final assignment, only for it to say she posted all this stuff after the deadline. Even though this was when moodle was having serious problems last year the lecturer wasn't having any of it and she lost out on 10%, that could have messed her up! It didn't thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

. . .according to moodle I am doing 29 modules, hope none of them clash :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

. . .according to moodle I am doing 29 modules, hope none of them clash :rolleyes:

Maybe you have some of mine, because all I have is the Library Area.

I got my iEnabler email confirming my registration so I presume this is to do with the moodle glitch, which will probably be the first of many, many glitches this year.

Maybe you have some of mine, because all I have is the Library Area.

I got my iEnabler email confirming my registration so I presume this is to do with the moodle glitch, which will probably be the first of many, many glitches this year.

I'm fit to kill someone over f***ing moodle. Days before term and everything I had saved has been wiped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I cant access it and I had tonnes of stuff stored there from lectures I gave last year. Thankfully have it backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Good thing you was smart so!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I cant access it and I had tonnes of stuff stored there from lectures I gave last year. Thankfully have it backed up.

Forgot about that, can you still access your courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cant even log on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

To hell with Moodle, it seems even with a fancy new version of it the Computer Centre still can't get it right :(

I was registered for all sorts yesterday, now just Library Area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 In_Toon

According to moodle im doing Criminal Law.....:pac::p

Pretty kind of them to deem me fit to take criminal law:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

Teabag! wrote: »
    new look moodle is cool,

wether it works remains to be seen....

Spoke tooo soon:(

I'm so tired and I'm cranky and I've drank about 3 cups of tea in the last half hour. I feel like I should be doing an English essay but I'm actually child-sitting... bleeeeeeugh i wanna go hooome :(

ENGLISH ESSAY?! Whut?!

First official day of work over. I am dead on my feet.

• Advertisement

ENGLISH ESSAY?! Whut?!

First official day of work over. I am dead on my feet.

When I do English essays I stay up really late cos I'm a night owl and alternate between boards and facebook waiting for inspiration to strike and drink ridiculous amounts of my lovely sugary tea. Right now, I'm on boards in one tab and facebook in the other, looking for something to do to keep me awake and drinking lots of tea. Similar situation to the English essay situation but without the essay,

see I'm rambling moreso than usual cos i haz a tired.

how was work? do you get free shoes now you lucky duck?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement