Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

pisslips wrote: »
    hahaha, the debs.

Funnily enough my old debs date gave out to me for not making a move on her 5 years ago,recently but she had a boyfriend a the time! WOMEN!

Anyway, I just got hammered and tried to score(can't remember if I did or not), this girl I liked, that I always scored but who hated me because one night I kissed her best friend.....there was crying involved, for sure and someone started a fight and my friend found coke in the toilets, not that I was into that but it really summed up my later teenage years, and he vomited a perfectly into a pint glass at the dinner completely casually apart from the tears, all in one night, it was a very typical mess and I was typically apathetic and dumb to what exactly was going on. I think half the people could have been admitted to psychiatric care but all I thought was,"this is good craic, I'm twisted,I wonder can you actually lick someone's ear and for it to be cool and casual like in a movie?"

"Did you just.."
    "Yes, you wanna lick my eye?...for the craic...."*pause*
    "Eh no....." Gives me a look like I would rape small children
    "That guy is a disgusting freak":D:D:D

Teens were great.

Did the happenings of later on that night give you your username?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

hahaha....no I actually stole it from an episode of Burnt Face Man, then I found out what it meant and funnily enough it might be apt.

You did remind me of a Maynooth related 21st, it's hazey but I definitely pissed like a half litre in a chanpagne bottle in front of my friend, then handed it to two girls who were quite frankly acting miserable. Well rightly enough they did not trust the contents of the bottle, then, my friend who seconds earlier had watched me piss in the bottle, began to neck it, handed it to the girls who then proceeded to neck it.....it's friends like that that only exist in Maynooth.

Maynooth is the university that just keeps on giving.

You know I thought it had given me everything until I went back this year and scored a tranny, like in Maynooth, not even Thailand or something.....hadn't a clue.

**** it, i can kinda laugh about it now.

Like certain rules don't apply in college. For example you can be on a strangers couch scoring someone else, then ask them,"so, who do you know here?" and they might say,"Are these not your friends?".....Like inmagine being at home and two 18 or 19 or 20 year olds you don't know getting down on your couch, you'd call the gardai!!!

Kettles! we had about 6 of them. Sleeping in the living room for a year with michael across from me who watched south park until 5 a.m. every ****ing night!

The party on the roof! THe mock war we had in our back garden with the neighbour staring out her window at us.

Licking some girls breasts for a fag. Getting drunk on busses.Me and gar pissing on each other.

And all the things you can't talk about on a public forum.

THe place was heaven, absolute heaven, I could not possibly have had more fun really. It's a bit of a crash to earth now though. Like Roman Abramovich isn't having as much craic.

Beau knows what I'm talking about.

Fair sick of Brady's though.

It's fair depressing knowing that I'll have to put in 40 hour weeks from now on. Instead of 3 hour weeks and 30 hours beering. Along with having a phonebook of people your age all up for going drinking. Like when again will I be able to assemble a fairly decent crew in 30 minutes on any given weekday? I don't even have any money anymore.

And when will we ever be able to get a crew of 20 people together in your house to go drinking just on a whim.

God bless it.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Banquo, by any chance were you in the SU playing pool today?
    could of sworn I recognised a guy there from boards, thought it was you. .
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Beautiful post pisslips, it brought a tear to my eye! Brings back some great memories, I should really keep a record of my own memories and stuff like that from friends. It would be a great read in years to come. We'll have to try and keep the dream alive and be open to new adventures and whatever, I think yourself and Walshe are great in that you'll organise things and get things rolling, luckily most of our friends are up for that and will do things at a moments notice. Can't wait for the old boys match (past students v current students), thats a great thing Bago (the NUIM rugby development officer to everyone else) has done in his time here.

Now go do your feckin thesis! You don't post in here for months and now you come back, come on!

All I have to say is he drank my piss, what a hero!!

WHAT A HERO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

new look moodle is cool,

wether it works remains to be seen....

I don't like it. Also, it's telling me I'm taking first year Calculus, second year Venture Management and third year Managing Information Technology for Business mixed in with my actual courses. I'm sure it'll straighten itself out eventually.

I don't like it. Also, it's telling me I'm taking first year Calculus, second year Venture Management and third year Managing Information Technology for Business mixed in with my actual courses. I'm sure it'll straighten itself out eventually.

Did you not tell me you were doin languages of some description?

Do it, free education! and if you fail a few you'll be grand so long as you get 60 credits.

• Advertisement

10ft python in Enniscorthy, excellent!

Adebayor, improper conduct, what a load of bollix, they should just fine 40 supporters.

These are the things on my mind.

Oh and :

ABORT("pivotL() encounters zero diagonal");

And, women's breasts in general.

Teabag! wrote: »
    Did you not tell me you were doin languages of some description?

You are correct sir. I'm taking Geography and French (France and Africa, Discussion of French literature, French poetry of the twentyfirst century, Natural Hazards and Disasters and finally Cultural geography... to be exact). It's just moodle acting the geebag.

pisslips wrote: »
    Do it, free education! and if you fail a few you'll be grand so long as you get 60 credits.

None of those appeal to me in the slightest :D

geebag.

Rhymes with teabag:D:D:D

though seriously i would never have thought a language student would possess such a foul word:P

and in real seriousness....

I thought that the modules you saw in moodle were the ones you registered for ie; if the're there then you applied for them????

Teabag! wrote: »
    Rhymes with teabag:D:D:D

though seriously i would never have thought a language student would possess such a foul word:P

and in real seriousness....

I thought that the modules you saw in moodle were the ones you registered for ie; if the're there then you applied for them????

Sorry, Un sac du vagin :P

Yeah I think moodle is just on the fritz. Says something about not being all right on the homepage. I'm sure it'll be grand. I checked my registration receipt thing and it gave me my correct modules, it's all gooooood.

Sorry, Un sac du vagin :P

EPIC:D:D:D:D:D

(I'm stealing that expression)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Omg...ever just have no engergy? I'm exhausted for no particular reason... wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

So good to be back in Maynooth and hear all the bogger voices again... I even got a "Wellll?" when I was walking up to the bus stop.

Now all I need is a "Are ya well? Cos yar lookin' well!" and I'll be feeling right back into the college buzz.

Boyfriend moved into apartment today, say hey if you ever see me around Liffey!

Also has anyone ever rented a locker? Where do you go, can you specify where you'd like the locker and are they scary?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Yay im going back to may! Pity all the poor students who'll have me as their tutor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

What subject are you tutoring?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevwall

anyone in group 14 this year??
    i am goin into the college as a complete stanger, dont know one person :(
    is there any soccer teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

kevwall wrote: »
    is there any soccer teams?
    There is a soccer team afaik Take a look at: http://sports.nuim.ie/

kevwall wrote: »

Man i went to college knowing nobody, and i thought i'd be as welcome as a ham sandwich at a bar mitzvah, i was wrong made a few friends at orientation, and loads at lecture tutorials and so on, so you'll be grand....

efla wrote: »
    What subject are you tutoring?

maths. yes, yes you can all run away from me screaming now.

gra26 wrote: »
    maths. yes, yes you can all run away from me screaming now.

Ahhhh.....

Its ok, you dont have to live with the stigma of being a practicing sociologist.

:D It could be worse!

gra26 wrote: »
    :D It could be worse!

True, there's always anthropology ;)

*Coughs*

So, how's about the degree in Anthropology and Sociology I'm doing?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    *Coughs*

So, how's about the degree in Anthropology and Sociology I'm doing?

I did the same! But if you have to pick sides at the end of it all, you tend to nail your colors firmly to the mast.

I'm sure they say the same about us, and we sit beneath the scientists, while the mathematicians laugh at us all for not appreciating the fundamental structure :)

• Advertisement

Are you doing a PhD now?

I prefer sociology, but I'm better at anthropology....just like everyone else :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement