Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

I hate debs (not sure of the plural, debs'? I dunno, ye know what I mean)

My sister just had hers there this evening and I've been standing around since 5oc like a gobshíte, listen to everyone fawn over how lovely she looks, whilst her politician-like boyfriend makes crap jokes and shakes my great-uncle's hand and everyone eats all the nice food I made without saying anything, yada yada yada. Limo left around 7 and her Pete-Wentz wannabe boyfriend's parents were still here until half an hour ago.

Yesterday, whilst on the way home from a nice post-Dylan Moran session, I get a text from my sister "Dnt evn tink abt goin anywer 2mro,my debs,my day,u hav 2b home2 clean+cook+do mi nails.No questions k?" (Sister is the source of my anti-textspeak rage btw, even used it in her Leaving Cert :rolleyes:) and then this morning, whilst enjoying a fabulous dream about Rigsby from The Mentalist, sister bangs down my door and hands me a page long list of demands and things she wanted done before she came back from getting her hair done.

I did it all like the doormat I am, but only cos Mam is seriously menopausal atm, and I didn't want to ignite the rage that not having stuff done would incur after my sister would have moaned to her about me not doing stuff.

ALL THE WHILE
    I never got a please nor thanks (or plz r tnx) from my sister, because she was too busy being a self-confessed "debzilla".

What is wrong with young people these days? Manners are great, as are real words. :mad:

/rant over.

Your sister's crazy.. mine's wednesday, told parents don't want anyone over except two friends and the greataunts( have to invite them), leavin at 5.30oc with no date and my cheap dress,nails, eyelashes and hopefully some shoes. Sorted. No one will remember anything by thursday anyway.
    Debzillas suck. As does textspeak. At least some young people have manners.:D

+1 for "Wispa" Mint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Beau wrote: »
    €3.50 dinners from Coynes butchers beside Tesco. Nice!

Here man, these people have given me a great idea. Can me you and Walshe all get dates for some Loreto X debs or something, it would be some laugh!
    Awh the cheesey pictures man i can see them now and meeting the parents, I would actually piss on myself...there's a solid 20% chance I honestly would.

I'm sure S wouldn't care, sure it's only for a laugh.

That would kill me.....the only thing better than that(which I suggested by the way) was that when we were in Maynooth to go into the secondary school on the first day, saying that you'd just moved and it would take a few days to get everything sorted.I could be a crazy evangelist, you could be whatever you want and walshe could rub his cock on people and **** himself or whatever, generally act in some abnormal fashion. You could be like his step brother and "take care" of him, like in mice and men.

We could combine the two but somehow i don't think you'll agree to the latter.
    ahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

banquo wrote: »
    My school didn't have a debs. :(

you my friend are much luckier than you could ever know. your pockets were heavier and your spirits lighter because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

jethro081 wrote: »
    you my friend are much luckier than you could ever know. your pockets were heavier and your spirits lighter because of it.

Ha! :D Cheers dude, you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

mp3guy, did you go to the Wolstan's Debs in 07?

I did not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

whilst enjoying a fabulous dream about Rigsby from The Mentalist, sister bangs down my door and hands me a page long list of demands and things she wanted done before she came back from getting her hair done.

Really? Not Jane?

On a side note, the actor who plays Rigsby s quite British! OMG! :eek:

<3 Mentalist, he so sexy with his waistcoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Really? Not Jane?

On a side note, the actor who plays Rigsby s quite British! OMG! :eek:

<3 Mentalist, he so sexy with his waistcoat.

No, 'tis Rigsby all the way for me. And I didn't know he was British either, Welsh actually, until I saw a documentary-type thing on telly about the cast. Sure Simon Baker, who plays Jane is Australian! Friends with Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman and the like.

And anyway, Jane hasn't been topless once in the damn show. Thursday's episode, Rigsby-post lake scene-:eek: And Rigsby (well, the guy who plays him) did a PETA campaign, where he's topless for no apparent reason other than the fact that he's a vegetarian. Fabulous.

<3 Mentalist also, but bring back Lie to Me, i prefer that out of the two Thursdaynight@10oc shows

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

No, 'tis Rigsby all the way for me. And I didn't know he was British either, Welsh actually, until I saw a documentary-type thing on telly about the cast. Sure Simon Baker, who plays Jane is Australian! Friends with Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman and the like.

And anyway, Jane hasn't been topless once in the damn show. Thursday's episode, Rigsby-post lake scene-:eek: And Rigsby (well, the guy who plays him) did a PETA campaign, where he's topless for no apparent reason other than the fact that he's a vegetarian. Fabulous.

<3 Mentalist also, but bring back Lie to Me, i prefer that out of the two Thursdaynight@10oc shows
    The actor's in PETA?
    Fcuk that shoite, no more thinking he's a good member of the cast unbegrudgingly (even if he is).
    *grumble seakittens grumble*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

+1 for "Wispa" Mint

Pah, to hell with Wispas, all hail Caramacs! I need them brought back!

In more general news, three cheers for lovely weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

In more general news, three cheers for lovely weather!

The weather was spectacular alright,

Though I spent yeaterday and today playing soldiers in wicklow, and carrying a backpack and some other stuff that all in all weighs as much as i do, was not exactly pleasant in that heat:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

On the topic of debs, I went alone because I'm gay. Refused to lie for the night and couldn't bring a guy because nobody knew back then I was gay.

Still had a fun night, despite going home at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Coynes butchers

Coyne??

wayne_coyne.jpg

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    On the topic of debs, I went alone because I'm gay. Refused to lie for the night and couldn't bring a guy because nobody knew back then I was gay.

I'm not gay but I brought one of my good friends, the d*ck sat with someone else, who had gone on his own , he felt sorry for him! Only to leave on my own. Never felt so cheated... :mad: haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Less said about my debs the better.

That makes it sound like I've a great tale to tell and you all go "oh Donal, go on...tell us the story" and nudge me gently.

In reality it was crap, as were all debs', and therefore the less said about it- the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Less said about my debs the better.

That makes it sound like I've a great tale to tell and you all go "oh Donal, go on...tell us the story" and nudge me gently.

In reality it was crap, as were all debs', and therefore the less said about it- the better.

I spent my debs talkin' politics with my Russian friend and my religion teacher in the jacks. Complete waste of ****ing time.

Mt. Sackville debs this year was great fun though. Didn't even spend much, even the suit was cheap. Its always great to wake up in the morning, checkin your wallet and finding loads of money left over.

Seeing all the incoming 1st years walking around makes me sad :(. Its all over for me. I'm glad to be finished but f*ck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah ****. I forgot about that, work is going to be busy now.

Seeing all the incoming 1st years walking around makes me sad :(. Its all over for me. I'm glad to be finished but f*ck...
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Ah ****. I forgot about that, work is going to be busy now.

Lucky first years, I'd love to go back in time to be one again. Its mad seeing all the familiar college faces walk into where I work.

Are you finished college?

Even though I'm really poor, somehow today I managed to come out of Liffey Valley with a new haircut, new biker boots and a bag of nacho chips.

Personal win, financial fail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Personal win, financial fail

Bank statement arrived today, didn't open it and chucked the envelope behind the bed.

Personal win.

hahaha, the debs.

Funnily enough my old debs date gave out to me for not making a move on her 5 years ago,recently but she had a boyfriend a the time! WOMEN!

Anyway, I just got hammered and tried to score(can't remember if I did or not), this girl I liked, that I always scored but who hated me because one night I kissed her best friend.....there was crying involved, for sure and someone started a fight and my friend found coke in the toilets, not that I was into that but it really summed up my later teenage years, and he vomited a perfectly into a pint glass at the dinner completely casually apart from the tears, all in one night, it was a very typical mess and I was typically apathetic and dumb to what exactly was going on. I think half the people could have been admitted to psychiatric care but all I thought was,"this is good craic, I'm twisted,I wonder can you actually lick someone's ear and for it to be cool and casual like in a movie?"

"Did you just.."
    "Yes, you wanna lick my eye?...for the craic...."*pause*
    "Eh no....." Gives me a look like I would rape small children
    "That guy is a disgusting freak":D:D:D

Teens were great.

Lucky first years, I'd love to go back in time to be one again. Its mad seeing all the familiar college faces walk into where I work.

The nostalgia thread, sure you'd have to save up about 50k to do it again, although I guess you would work part time......wouldn't be the same really.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Are you finished college?
    Nah iv a couple of years to go still.
    pisslips wrote: »
    The nostalgia thread, sure you'd have to save up about 50k to do it again, although I guess you would work part time......wouldn't be the same really.

Nah i dont mean repeat first year, I mean go back in time, I was 19, best year of my life so far. I'd go back and make sure i moved out rather than commute. I'm only moving out now. I'll enjoy the years while they last.

I mean go back in time, I was 19, best year of my life so far. I'd go back and make sure i moved out rather than commute. I'm only moving out now. I'll enjoy the years while they last.

This kinda talk scares the **** out of me, yeh your right, my first year was amazing and I'd love to go back in time and experience it again but I like to think that its still all ahead of us.

P............H.............D.......

God, I'm 19 in my final year. The first years are older than me!

Roz, take some comfort in the fact that you won't be 19 sitting your Final Exams...:o

Edit: forgot to add- Scarleh' fer me! (something I've apparently become accustomed to saying when drunk. I'm not drunk right now, but figured this kind of situation warrants this kind of expression)

I'll be 20 the month before :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Ara sure you're only a babby!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement