Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh noes... Someone get the antiseptic hand wash!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Oh noes... Someone get the antiseptic hand wash!!!!
    Yep, the dispensers are all over campus. Mmmm, ethanol....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

My friend got the Symptoms of Swine flu.

He goes to Trinity, I hope they enjoy their Swine Flu.

Does anyone else think that there's a huge surge in activity on this board over last year?

Definitely in the last 3 weeks. Since the offers for incoming first years went out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's grown tenfold over the last two years.

Hurrah! Here's to the new, prosperous nuim forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I feel like I've got swine flu. Too much training in the rain and cold :(

LeixlipRed wrote: »

I was about to say something kinda mean but you're feeling crap so I won't. Count yourself lucky... this time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

LeixlipRed wrote: »

Is this gonna be like the last time you were sick and you had it for a month and moaned a lot?

P.S. I don't have any sympathy for ya. :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

There's 4 people in Palmerstown with it as far as I'm aware, flunanza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

PrivateEye wrote: »
    There's 4 people in Palmerstown with it as far as I'm aware, flunanza.

and i thought i was king of shiiiite puns:rolleyes::p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

on a more importat note does anybody know what the module "SG203" entails, as i canna find any details on the module descriptor...

also whats a 'reading module'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ur so sound

'reading module'

I did this in second year history, you read a book and then write some sort of essay on it. Hard enough to get your hands on the required books near the end of the semester so best to get it out of the way early.

but no lectures in it.....

Guys... I GOT A JOB!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Lucky bitch

*shakes fist at all the Paperchase you'll be able to afford*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Lucky bitch

*shakes fist at all the Paperchase you'll be able to afford*

+1

Where'd you get the job?

I'm jealous:(

In Barratts in Blanch shopping centre! Friend of mine is a supervisor there and rang me yesterday saying they were hiring. Went for an interview today and they rang me about an hour or so later with the good news. I've handed out literally 100 CVs and got 2 interviews and got the job on the second one. Sooooo happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

In Barratts in Blanch shopping centre! Friend of mine is a supervisor there and rang me yesterday saying they were hiring. Went for an interview today and they rang me about an hour or so later with the good news. I've handed out literally 100 CVs and got 2 interviews and got the job on the second one. Sooooo happy!

Ah, I'm happy for ya. Wishing I knew someone as a "supervisor" that would help me out :p

Applying for Christmas jobs now, and it's only Sept:eek:

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Ah, I'm happy for ya. Wishing I knew someone as a "supervisor" that would help me out :p

Applying for Christmas jobs now, and it's only Sept:eek:

Hey hey hey! I got that partially by my own merit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Nice one!

You The (wo)Man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I must say, this forum has gotten stupidly active in the last few weeks.

mp3guy wrote: »

... and I'm not sure if I like it :pac:

I'm sure we can all get along if people refrain from textspeak... otherwise they're guaranteed an automated grudge from me.

So. Many. Threads.

I miss when it was just General Discussion and NUIM music thread.

Ah.. those were the days.

Do you think the first years even venture in here? maybe this is like our wee haven...

Oh, don't forget the mantra thread, that was pretty big for a while.

Do you think the first years even venture in here? maybe this is like our wee haven...

Oh, don't forget the mantra thread, that was pretty big for a while.

Ah that Mantra thread, I had forgotten ye. Maybe I'll wander back in there once I've had a goo about the place. Why the fuck didn't we organise our beers for in there?!

Sometimes it be kinda daunting to come in to the General discussion of the board... you feel like you're intruding or something. And there's normally conversations going on in it already so you're just jumping in to the middle when you try and add something... I'm always suspicious of newbies in OUR thread haha

Ah, I'm messing. newbies more than welcome!

mp3guy wrote: »

It'll die down as Semester 1 goes along then peak towards exams.

So how's your new job going or have you started yet? :pac:

/excludes*

*i am only joking. :) for newbies: michellenman managed to get herself a job in these recessionary times and I am very jealous, moreso because it's in a shoe shop.

Yay me! :P

I start on Tuesday, got an induction shift, you know, health and safety, how to lift boxes, what NOT to say to customers, how to avoid stolen clinches with the romeos of the shop in the cramped store room, the usual. Then my first shift is the following week. I'm quite looking forward to it, I have done practically nothing all summer so I'm happy about having something to do! :D

I promise you a discount if I have one (or at least a student discount:P) if you come in... or maybe some paperchase, your choice!

I'll hold you to that! ;)

Mmm paperchase... although after looking at my bank balance today after buying two new pairs of jeans and a dress i really didn't need, i think it'll be Lidl stationary for me this year (although I've already bought my paperchase pencilcase and a folder and a nice pen but that's it :()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Ah that Mantra thread, I had forgotten ye. Maybe I'll wander back in there once I've had a goo about the place. Why the fuck didn't we organise our beers for in there?!

Sometimes it be kinda daunting to come in to the General discussion of the board... you feel like you're intruding or something. And there's normally conversations going on in it already so you're just jumping in to the middle when you try and add something... I'm always suspicious of newbies in OUR thread haha

Ah, I'm messing. newbies more than welcome!

Why is the nice stuff written in tiny font? It's okay I'll go away now, curiosity brought me here but it's a scary place..:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement