Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

So true! I come back from the cinema and there's like a million new posts :pac:

I never thought I would cry at a movie about Margaret Thatcher. Feel slightly disgusted with myself (it was more to do with the atmosphere of loss though, not storyline thank god).

seen it today, it was bloody tough going at the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That's what set me off :o Meryl Streep was great though, she really sounded like her. And I totally didn't think young Dennis with the awesome hipster glasses was cute >.> <.<

Edit: ooh after some googling, I've discovered that it's the same guy who played Viserys Targaryen in Game of Thrones, naaaat so baaddd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ah but Viserys is a little bitch! :pac:

He is, but it doesn't make him any less good looking :p Jon Snow is the real beauty though, I luff him <3333333333 (and he is so amazing in the books too).

I watched the series first, now I'm half way through the first book. Even though I know what happens, it's still enthralling! Can't wait to see what happens in the next one! ^_^

I think my favourite (from the tv series mainly) is Ser Jorah. He has an awesome voice. 'A Khal who cannot ride is no Khal, Khaleesi.' You tell 'em Jorah.

tumblr_ltp6rzynNW1qmuuhmo3_500.jpg

• Advertisement

A Clash of Kings is great! My favourite one of the series so far (although I am only on the third book >.>).

Nom nom nom malteasers <3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So true! I come back from the cinema and there's like a million new posts :pac:

I never thought I would cry at a movie about Margaret Thatcher. Feel slightly disgusted with myself (it was more to do with the atmosphere of loss though, not storyline thank god).

1) i never thought id ever see that sentance anywhere.
    2) The hatred for margret thatcher is wild on boards, I now see the NUIM forum is no exception. just remember people, she wasnt all bad, her economic beliefs were pretty much spot on and despite her hatred of the Irish , she did a lot of good things like get football hooligans sent to prison and wasnt afraid to speak out against blanket multiculturalism and the ever prevailant issue of immigration. Just remember , the world has had far worse people in it (stalin, lennin, marx, hitler, mao, guevara, castro)

I'm well aware that the world has had many worse leaders. Thatcher's political beliefs are pretty much the opposite to mine, so I'm not exactly going to say she had good policies. That's just my opinion though.

And the bit about feeling disgusted with myself was because I never cry at movies.

I'm well aware that the world has had many worse leaders. Thatcher's political beliefs are pretty much the opposite to mine, so I'm not exactly going to say she had good policies. That's just my opinion though.
    and everyones entitled to one. I dont agree with a lot of what she did but hd to give her her dues
    And the bit about feeling disgusted with myself was because I never cry at movies.

good , im going to have to watch it now though, you have me intriuged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Are there any explosions? If not, count me out. :pac:

Watched the King's Speech the other day and was throughly disappointed.
    Although, Churchill's appearance was indeed hilarious.

Also, could The Iron Lady be deemed as a sequal to the Iron Man series.
    And could this herald the start of an Iron X franchise?
    Oh, the possibilities...!

• Advertisement

Actually there are explosions :D not Michael Bay-esque ones, but still.

Do the cool guys look at them? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

No, but the woman beside me pretty much fell off her seat with the fright when it exploded. Its very awkward in the cinema laughing yer hole off after an IRA bomb goes off on screen:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Please god, leave Thatcher discussion to politics forum. I try to escape it as much as possible.

I am beyond drained today. I will actually die when semester 2 starts and I've to be up early on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Far too tired to learn anything new anymore, gave up studying for the night to lie on the floor and play Green Day songs on my old acoustic guitar like I used to when I was like 15... Haven't even tuned this thing in months let alone played a song...

Any requests? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Yeah, good music :pac:

DB21 wrote: »
    Yeah, good music :pac:

Ah, DB21's going for the anti-Green Day dollar, that's a big dollar!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Loanshark Blues

1) i never thought id ever see that sentance anywhere.
    2) The hatred for margret thatcher is wild on boards, I now see the NUIM forum is no exception. just remember people, she wasnt all bad, her economic beliefs were pretty much spot on and despite her hatred of the Irish , she did a lot of good things like get football hooligans sent to prison and wasnt afraid to speak out against blanket multiculturalism and the ever prevailant issue of immigration. Just remember , the world has had far worse people in it (stalin, lennin, marx, hitler, mao, guevara, castro)

What was wrong with Marx?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

It was the 'economic beliefs were pretty much spot on' bit that got me.

What was wrong with Marx?

in the same way people blame machiavelli for writing works that inspired the minds of people like hitler, I blame marx for spurring on the evil minds of stalin and other brutal leaders

• Advertisement

It was the 'economic beliefs were pretty much spot on' bit that got me.

a healthy injection of capitalism was what britain needed

Sooooo........

How about that new Mission Impossible film...?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Sooooo........

How about that new Mission Impossible film...?

I know it features this guy

Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

That is quite the tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

in the same way people blame machiavelli for writing works that inspired the minds of people like hitler

...and lets not forget deValera!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Tis' a black day; the day of the dreaded Pop and Jazz exam! :(

it's crap that it's apparently such a hard module, cuz it sounds class!

I'm meant to be in Chill meeting friends (including one of them's new man friend) in a half an hour. Need to shower/get dressed first, and I live about 25 minutes away from campus... OH SHI-

Ah the module's alright, just history and theory more than anything else.
    Not like you get to listen to sax solos, sit around and smoke pot now.

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Not like you get to listen to sax solos, sit around and smoke pot now.

If that was an actual module I dont think I would ever pass it, just so i got to do it again

• Advertisement

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Not like you get to listen to sax solos

In the second jazz listening test, Laura played about two minutes of each tune while we answered questions. Except for Sonny Rollins' St. Thomas, which she left on for the whole drum solo :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement