Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hey guys. Does anyone know at what date to we register our modules for next year? I'd really appreciate if anybody had any info as I am transferring course:)

I think it was around the start of September for me in second Arts last year. Of course, I decided to be class and hold off until I was back in college and do it then. All the popular modules were completely full by then and I ended up doing ones I didn't want to initially but it still worked out grand.

You have till the third week I think anyway to confirm your choice so best get it done early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

SHUT YOUR FACE NEWB!

I care Ro, don't leave! Then we'll have to suffer funky with his hard-ass bad cop moderating :(

Don't forget drunken! I saw the troll last night, lolled, and thanked your post.

The full extent of my drunken modding.

Incredibly hungover this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Don't forget drunken! I saw the troll last night, lolled, and thanked your post.

The full extent of my drunken modding.

Incredibly hungover this morning.

Ah funky, what would we do without the drunken version of yourself? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Weekly blog of joy

http://bit.ly/9k9qSD

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

Dropped in the forms today so I can repeat an exam to pull my degree grade up. About an hour later I find out I've been offered a job :P Delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Just got an email from Student Services about important dates for re-registering etc :(

Starting to realise that I'm not going to be in Maynooth for a year... weird feeling.

On the plus side, less than 2 months til I hit Spain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'll be applying for two repeat exams tomorrow.....despite the fact I got my postgrad. I will not have Pass by Compensation written on my parchment, even if a French lecturer thinks I should :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Is it possible to get copies of essays submitted to a department in the last year or so? I submitted a couple of undergrad essays in Second and Third year that I desperately need.

I of course do not have copies because in a fit of "I'm Free!!" I deleted everything. DAMN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

meganj wrote: »
    Is it possible to get copies of essays submitted to a department in the last year or so? I submitted a couple of undergrad essays in Second and Third year that I desperately need.

I of course do not have copies because in a fit of "I'm Free!!" I deleted everything. DAMN!

Would highly doubt that they keep them on file for longer than is necessary, although I could be wrong on this.

Did you submit them through turnitin? If you did, they should still be on the database if you log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The i105107 prowler was on the South Campus today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Anyone else get tthis email in their NUIM inbox? I assume it's not exactly legit :rooleyes: Hopefully no one has actually clicked the link within.
    Originally Posted by spammy email
    A Computer Database Maintainance is currently going on our Webmail Message Center. Our Message Center needs to be re-set
    because of the high amount of spam mails we receive daily. A Quarantine Maintainance will help us prevent this everyday dilemma.
    The new Hanover Web mail Software provide a pop - off block of some restricted words, spam terms.

To revalidate your mailbox Please click on the link below:

http://www.accupdate2010.com/

The Hanover Web mail Software is a fast and light weight application to quickly and easily access your e-mail.
    Failure to revalidate your mailbox will render your e-mail in-active from our database.

Thanks
    System Administrator

The new Hanover Web mail Software

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is intended and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may notify postmaster@jpmc.org of the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

1. Go to facebook
    2. Search 'nui want google apps for education'
    3. Join
    4. Invite your friends
    5. Win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

cian1500ww wrote: »
    The i105107 prowler was on the South Campus today ;)

Was actually there today at that specific time. Place seemed dead.....presume not many Maynoothians listen to the radio :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Was actually there today at that specific time. Place seemed dead.....presume not many Maynoothians listen to the radio :P
    I was 100 miles away so it wasn't an option for me :(

Aengus, Liz and I (the three sabbaticals) went on a day-long fact-finding mission with sabbats from DCU to Bath University to see how their SU is run.

Hour 1: To get your plane at 6am, you have to get up at 4am. (This is yesterday morning)

Hour 6: We get to meet the team. Their SU is really something else. A lot of food for thought.

Hour 14: Sometimes the 6:20pm plane from Bristol -> Dublin gets cancelled and you have to wait in the airport until the next plane at 9am.

13+ hours is a looooonnggg time to spend in an airport.

Hour 31.5: Just in Maynooth / the office now.

I'm sure Aengus will have more on this at some stage, he's in a meeting right now.

Goodnight.

*Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Aye. Great trip. Will blog over the weekend.

Much Love

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

the 32 counties, 32 marathons, 32 days was through Maynooth today. I'd been listening about the two lads on Ray Darcy over the last while. Got very excited when I heard it was coming through Maynooth. Wasn't very well publicised, was expecting a big fanfare look how awesome these guys are woohoo business!!!
    They just ran around the town four or five times. It was a tad dissapointed!

Just awake. Just made it to 42 hours before falling asleep. Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Anyone remember how it works with the internet? When do you get it? I'm starting second year next year and i need to get internet fairly quickly. There's an election in Sweden the 19th of september and I want to follow it over the internet :) As I remember it it should be possible to get access to the internet before the term has started, right? I remember doing some registration like, but in second year that shouldn't be needed. I intend to register online.

From campus pc or your own laptop / phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

My own laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Wendero wrote: »
    Anyone remember how it works with the internet? When do you get it? I'm starting second year next year and i need to get internet fairly quickly. There's an election in Sweden the 19th of september and I want to follow it over the internet :) As I remember it it should be possible to get access to the internet before the term has started, right? I remember doing some registration like, but in second year that shouldn't be needed. I intend to register online.

It should still work even before you register.
    same user name and password.

There will be a big power-outage today from 9 am til 5 pm so take note.

On normal days, connect to the Nuim wireless in your laptop or, on campus*, plug your laptop into the Ethernet port.

Then go to any web address in your browser. It should automatically take you to the login page. Bada bing.

*working on this

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

banquo wrote: »
    On normal days, connect to the Nuim wireless in your laptop or, on campus*, plug your laptop into the Ethernet port.

Then go to any web address in your browser. It should automatically take you to the login page. Bada bing.

*working on this

Whats there to work on?
    The wired Ethernet on campus is great, Glad I don't have to put up with the usual patchy, dodgy, interference ridden-ness of wifi.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I think he might mean not just on campus. I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm never drinking again.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'm never drinking again.

Lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Still hungover from Saturday. Duddy can back me up on how truly messy that night was. Think I'm finally done washing the sand from my hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I want college to start again! Six months of doing nothing is overrated >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

So get a reading list and start! :p
    It makes the semester a little easier when you've come across the material already. Bit of a head start. I was thinking of doing my PH dissertation before going back... or all the reading/notes for it at least. Meaning I won't have that hanging over my head during the year, and I'll be able to give it proper attention, get a (hopefully) very good mark. One less thing to worry about next year.
    Word of warning though... if you're going to be in the library for any length of time, bring a jumper, place gets very cold when it's not full of people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement