Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I for one think you'd make a fabulous Avon lady.
    haha now see what happens when you jump to conclusions?
    it's not for avon (shudders at the thought)
    its for a children's toy manufacturer and retailer who doesn't have a proper retail premises like the likes of toys r us would so they depend on a select market of people who'll order, apparently its selective production, according to phone guy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

jpcarlow wrote: »
    so you know those ads in the papers that offer you a job delivering and collecting catalogues for 100-250per week? anyone have any experience or advice about them? their legitimacy, any costs incurred by the applicant etc. (as you can see i'm trying almost everything to get myself money for affording to go back to college, including handing out 34 cvs today)

all help appreciated

/Your friendly neighbourhood spider-man:rolleyes:

I've called a number of these people. I used to work for a company who did house parties to sell the product, and they are usually all strictly commission based, you must give a cash outlay and you are NOT guaranteed to make your money back. One bloke that I rang was really getting on my nerves, called me back three times and blatantly ignored me every time I told him I wasn't interested. Some people do get lucky and make money on it, but I'm very wary.

The company I worked for (I'm not naming names) seemed like such a handy money maker, but it cost me more than I made and I ended up leaving after 2 months of making no money and spending everything to try make it work.

I know this is super negative, but I'm just giving you an honest opinion jp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

For Sale: 1 BSc degree

199.525sq inches
    120 gsm
    Signed by Mr Prez
    Looks snazzy on any wall
    Available 11th September
    Price: 100e ono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

/rant Rugby forum is ****ing fodder for my Ignore button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

1,000th post, had to be in the NUIM forum. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

1277819099681.jpg
    1277821625120.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh, Banquo. Now we all know where you spend your time online.

1277824214480.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Behave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Got an Internship in CMC for the next 2 months, booyaa!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yo, anyone know how much a student monthly bus and rail ticket is these days?

Iz VP Comms now. Kthxbye.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yo, anyone know how much a student monthly bus and rail ticket is these days?

I hear it's €93 these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Anyone know where theres a list of places that you can do your international year abroad?

ontour wrote: »
    Anyone know where theres a list of places that you can do your international year abroad?

http://international.nuim.ie/erasmus/goingabroad/nuimerasmuspartners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Duddy wrote: »
    "In exchange all I ask is for minimal wage." *Cringe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Read it 3 times and still don't know what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

As for the minimal wage, K4t, you'll see an expense account for the subcommittee is also mentioned.

Aengus' reply on facebook;
    "I'll be sure to propose it to the working group of the subcommittee of the office space advisory committee which reports to the subcommittee of the su workplace commitee of the exec which will report to academic council which will report to governing authority.
    Should only take a few years. :)"

Further comentary on the culture of commitees within the college.

Rob's reply is somewhat disconcerting;
    "This is a big idea. I shall refer it immediately to the Rapid Review Committee. The proposed timeline for the establishment of this committee is pending a number of qualifiers of which nobody seems to have a list.

Once the committee is established the group must ring my office and will receive a call log number. This n...umber will be requested again from you at some uncertain time in the future when you will almost certainly have lost it. When you have confirmed the call log number we will place the group on the list of pending registrations. I will almost certainly never get around to telling you whether you've been confirmed or not.

There is also the engagingly awkward fee of £7.14 to pay to register these interests. Being a healthy, efficient beaucracy we do not accept cash, laser, credit card, cheque, bank draft or transfer, paypal or goods. We will accept the balance in oil."

I could see no greater an example of development than if Rob were to push this initiative through. It would also show leadership in a time when people are lookiing to the new exec with trepidation.

• Advertisement

Please, explain to me (an idiot) what it is you want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

I say lock the exec in their offices, just because. All in favour of my proposal?

Ian Beale wrote: »
    I say lock the exec in their offices, just because. All in favour of my proposal?

Donal Fallon is suggesting that we turn Rob's office into a quiet room for all students. We already have a quiet room though...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Donal Fallon is suggesting that we turn Rob's office into a quiet room for all students. We already have a quiet room though...

What's that got to do with my post? I was more thinking we could lock them up so Rob can have some time alone with the ipad and Aengus can plot world domination, perhaps Rob can design the propaganda leaflets on the ipad, that'd save some time:)

Please, explain to me (an idiot) what it is you want to do?

*facepalm*

Lesson learned: Don't try to become politically minded whilst drunk.

It clouds your humor radar. I seemed to have sobered up a bit over the last hour. at bit of BSG maybe......

*facepalm*

Lesson learned: Don't try to become politically minded whilst drunk.

It clouds your humor radar. I seemed to have sobered up a bit over the last hour. at bit of BSG maybe......

Its O.k Funky, the majority do not understand what i'm talking about most of the time.

I'll go back to being still drunk/ hungover every day when I get back to Maynooth

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Rob can have some time alone with the ipad

I am down with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Posting from an unusually quiet arts block. Well obviously I suppose it's not unusually quiet for this time of year, but still.

*chairs squeak*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Does anyone know if the new(ish) chinese on the main street does take away? Not delivery.. just take-away.

omnomnomnomnomnomnomn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement