Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

A quiet liberry is a wonderful thing... but also a little spooky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Indeed! Its so quiet I was asked to stop talking downstairs! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

In the Student's Union for crossover.

Good times.

From The Spoke (for first years, that's what The Print used to be called) from October 2005:

firesafetythespoke.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

No one died so I think we can conclude that no, it's not really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    No one died so I think we can conclude that no, it's not really :D

As proven by the canteen fire. We lost a facility, but nobody was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

And yet our hearts were broken :(

*sniffles*

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

In the middle of crossover.

Discovered that Froebel does in fact have an SU. Despite only have 200 ish students.

I love the student movement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Provisional results out for me Friday, can everyone please visit me in hospital when I'm recovering from my mental breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Will they actually give you your results before they pop up in student web services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Provisional results out for me Friday, can everyone please visit me in hospital when I'm recovering from my mental breakdown?

Is it possible for anyone to get provisional results? I assume it's for a postgrad application?

Good luck by the way!

Devia wrote: »
    Will they actually give you your results before they pop up in student web services?

Not real ones, provisional ones! Just like the provisional license not being a real one :p
    Is it possible for anyone to get provisional results? I assume it's for a postgrad application?

Good luck by the way!

Oh, hells no. It's for everyone doing chemistry. It's the day the external examiner is there and everyone has to be around in case they get called in. I'll miss a day's supervision which is worth 150e to me, not cool for an unemployed grad like myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Not real ones, provisional ones! Just like the provisional license not being a real one :p

Oh, hells no. It's for everyone doing chemistry. It's the day the external examiner is there and everyone has to be around in case they get called in. I'll miss a day's supervision which is worth 150e to me, not cool for an unemployed grad like myself!

Ah I see. I thought maybe there was a way of getting provisional results if they were required for a postgrad application.

And no, that ain't cool at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Yeah like the January results? Didn't know you could get the summer ones before they're made official.

Update on the last few weeks of stuff I've been up to.

Blog post: If it's possible to turn your head without seeing the words 'your union' it's a catastrophe. http://bit.ly/aX7B52

Much Love,
    Aengus
    SU President Elect.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

From LeopoldBloom's blogpost: "Our two other delegates at the conference were Liz Murray (SU Welfare and Education Officer) and Leanne Sharkey."

Hmm, I *wonder* how Leanne got that job...

CnaG wrote: »
    From LeopoldBloom's blogpost: "Our two other delegates at the conference were Liz Murray (SU Welfare and Education Officer) and Leanne Sharkey."

Hmm, I *wonder* how Leanne got that job...

To be perfectly honest, we needed Leanne's swipe-card to get access to CS1 where the meeting was held!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

I remain unconvinced. Security don't have swipe cards? You have two computer science students on the exec - did neither of them have swipe cards?

That, and Leanne was Liz's election agent... twice.

Not that it really matters to me, I mean, not like I'm part of the union anymore or anything :-/

Could murder a bag of chips.....

I am drunk.

Something something iPad. Something something barleybooley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

You sure you're drunk?

Feeling better 12.5 hours later.

Something something Google.

<3 Super Mario Galaxy 2, move aside banquo, barleybooley has found a new someone! Everyone enjoying their half rainy, half sunny Sunday?

I got my offer for postgrad in DCU :D

Sorting out looking for jobs and such around now :)

Anyone know a decent dentist in Maynooth? Haven't been in years and should really go get a check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Look what the cat dragged in...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Anyone know a decent dentist in Maynooth? Haven't been in years and should really go get a check up.

O'Reilly or Merrick on the Main Street, near the library. Between the whole family we've dealt with both of them for a long time, and only had excellent experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

sent you a pm there martin with the number you need

lemansky wrote: »
    O'Reilly or Merrick on the Main Street, near the library. Between the whole family we've dealt with both of them for a long time, and only had excellent experiences.

O'Reilly is the best dentist I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

Any of them do student discounts or any jazz like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement