Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

Anyone know when Semester 2 provisional results are out?
    Is it true that its June 2nd?

oh while searchin i found this:
    http://examinations.nuim.ie/
    Approximately 5000 students sit the Semester One and Summer Examinations and 1000 sit Autumn Examinations.

thats alot of repeats!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

thats alot of repeats!

They are sent in the post on the 26th of June I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

thats alot of repeats!

June 2nd?! Are you bonkers?!

It'll be the end of June if not the start of July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Rob did you study ALL the case studies?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Vittu, Perkele!
    Mä olen Ben
    =P

Kantele solo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEAyWmCcSI&feature=related

Edit: Really have to go to the library to do some work......

Funky Modguin, sir? The boy next to me said a naughty word or two in finlandic...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Damn! Almost got away with it.....=P

Kippis! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Had to wait an hour and a half for a veggie burger at the campus barbecue, but it sho' was nice :D

Apparently the entire student population of Maynooth are going to be in the Roost tonight :/ WODDDDDKA NEEDED POST HASTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wow. Wow. Wow.

There was a campus barbecue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

My Birthday Party tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

I've worked that I am going to have had 5 "Birthdays" this year! Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Where?

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    Where?

Only just got that. party's over now! :(

Anyone end up in the roost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

tonight was awesome.............but I fell over cos I wasn't my wearing glasses and I didn't see the curb...my knee is sore and hurts

now sitting in bed after a deadly night

anyone else have fun tonigjt? mantrasz was fun!!!!
    four euro cocktails!! mcr with x's and that cos I can't remember :O ...were you waslking down to the town with a birthday hat on sideways...at dunnes I saw you if it was you!!! have a good birthday!x

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Someone's pulling the fire alarm all the time in Avoca. I want to roll him in tar and feathers, then set fire on him! :( Seriously, it's really immature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Wendero wrote: »
    Someone's pulling the fire alarm all the time in Avoca. I want to roll him in tar and feathers, then set fire on him! :( Seriously, it's really immature.
    Yeah, I heard the alarm above the office go off about twenty times last night :/ Thank god it never went off in Carrick, or I would have been cranky to say the least :pac:

It's my last ever night living on campus tonight :eek: Can't believe how quickly those three years went in.

kellief wrote: »
    tonight was awesome.............but I fell over cos I wasn't my wearing glasses and I didn't see the curb...my knee is sore and hurts

now sitting in bed after a deadly night

anyone else have fun tonigjt? mantrasz was fun!!!!
    four euro cocktails!! mcr with x's and that cos I can't remember :O ...were you waslking down to the town with a birthday hat on sideways...at dunnes I saw you if it was you!!! have a good birthday!x

Nope that wasn't me I'm afraid!!

Meh my night ended up alright. Bit of drama kind of ruined it! :(

How do you print your skills card? I haven't finished ECDL but I need to print it so I can just continue with it when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Currently posting from an iMac. Wow. That is all.

Currently posting from an iMac. Wow. That is all.

Getting a 27" iMac over the summer.

Drool.

How do you print your skills card? I haven't finished ECDL but I need to print it so I can just continue with it when I get home.

The ECDL needs to die. It's an awful, ridiculous syllabus designed by people that if you turn your back on them for a second will nail the ladder to the wrong wall.

Example: About viruses, the ECDL tells you to only open emails from people you know. However:

1. Spam filters (unless you're on Hotmail or the NUIM Webmail) are so good now that it's not an issue for most people.

2. You are a million times more likely to get a virus from an email from somebody you know because viruses go into your address book / contacts list and send an email from you to them full of awesome malware.

It's just forced on people because there's no other really mainstream syllabus out there. And there's a ridiculous amount of money in ECDL testing.

I recommend this book to anyone doing it :D:

41wkEKnWtnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

(Look at author name)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Officially registered myself as unemployed today.....

But this has majorly motivated me to find work fast :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The thing I don't like about ECDL is it doesn't teach you how to use computers. It teaches you how to use one edition of one operating system.

My Mam's almost finished an ECDL course, using Windows XP. So when she comes home and tries to do her 'homework' on my Dad's laptop with Windows 7, she'll freeze because it's not the same. Rather than teach how to think about how computers work, they build a sense of dependency and 'comfort' with one system, and as soon as something changes from that system, you can't do anything. I could teach her Mac OSX in five minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Also, I went looking at a house in Maynooth for the first time today. It was muck.

Where are the nice places to live??

So apparently Michellenman and Mammy Rozabeez also think/thought I'm gay.

Aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Telltale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Also, I went looking at a house in Maynooth for the first time today. It was muck.

Where are the nice places to live??

Maynooth Park if you can get it, so quiet around here. Right beside bus and just under 10 from train station. Shops right beside it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Moyglare Abbey is a nice place to live!!

banquo wrote: »
    Aren't you?

Only for you.

what are the library fees for books overdue? :( I didn't realize it was closed today, and I'm going home tomorrow. Someone has to hand the books in for me somehow, so I'll have to pay that person the overdue fees, whatever that may be.

• Advertisement

what are the library fees for books overdue? :( I didn't realize it was closed today, and I'm going home tomorrow. Someone has to hand the books in for me somehow, so I'll have to pay that person the overdue fees, whatever that may be.

Can they pay the fees for you though? Don't you need your student card to pay?

And did you check the library website? Right here
    Check the bottom of the page!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement