Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm not done either :(

Tomorrow at 5 o'clock I'm going batshit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Finally finished, last exam could have gone better but ah well, FREEDOM !! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just one more left... I can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Same exam as Funky. Roll on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Would it be better to walk from Kilcock to somewhere called Boycetown (which is only about a mile away from it, so not far) even though I don't know where I'm going, or get an overly expensive taxi? I got directions on Google Maps, but I do have a terrible sense of direction :/ Make my decision for me boardsies! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Finished entertaining USI Area Conference in Maynooth. Twas in CS1 for some reason!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Finished entertaining USI Area Conference in Maynooth. Twas in CS1 for some reason!

that didn't have anything to do with the party in the Science building yesterday with a Mexican flag did it?!

Hungry. Hungry for freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

And so my three years as an undergraduate in maynooth have ended. Exams went well I think. Seemed to go better than expected anyway. Still, have mixed feelings about leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Officially signing on tomorrow for jobseeker's allowance...... :(

• Advertisement

I would 'like' that jboyle, but I'm not sure that would be an appropriate response. Can you sign on while still technically a student? Could I get it while living at home and not working?

Technically, the moment you sit your final exam or submit your final piece of assesment (whichever is last) you get a letter from student records saying you're finished your course. From that point, you're not a student and if you haven't a job you're considered unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Would it be better to walk from Kilcock to somewhere called Boycetown (which is only about a mile away from it, so not far) even though I don't know where I'm going, or get an overly expensive taxi? I got directions on Google Maps, but I do have a terrible sense of direction :/ Make my decision for me boardsies! :D

When is this? Or did you go already?

kellief wrote: »
    When is this? Or did you go already?
    Thursday.

And jaysus christ, every buck appears to be online. Or rather everyone who's posted in here the day.

Edit: Do not talk to people from home before posting on boards, or your real accent comes out in posts apparently :/

Ask a friend with a car!!

What about if you have a few hours a week work (like 3) so technically you have a job, but there aren't enough hours. Do you know can you still get anything then?

Ask a friend with a car!!
    Should have thought of that lol, clearly I'm a bit slow atm! Thanks :) I'm sure it'll work out okay anyway.

CnaG wrote: »
    What about if you have a few hours a week work (like 3) so technically you have a job, but there aren't enough hours. Do you know can you still get anything then?

Yeah, if you're income is below a certain amount you can still get Jobseeker's benefit. It's all up on citizens information online ;)

Should have thought of that lol, clearly I'm a bit slow atm! Thanks :) I'm sure it'll work out okay anyway.

As far as I know, Boycetown has very narrow windy roads...think I remember that from driving through it before. The roads aren't the safest to walk on tbh. I drive and most of the roads in and around Maynooth Kilcock Clane etc aren't safe for walkers!!

Try get someone to bring you if poss!

mainly aimed at aptly named funky....but anyways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HCS_rOZrYw

It's fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love glee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

As far as I know, Boycetown has very narrow windy roads...think I remember that from driving through it before. The roads aren't the safest to walk on tbh. I drive and most of the roads in and around Maynooth Kilcock Clane etc aren't safe for walkers!!

Try get someone to bring you if poss!

You can walk down the canal route to Kilcock and then most of the way to Boycetown, it's a lovely walk but will take you about an hour each way from Maynooth.

I love glee.

I'd love to see a Glee cover of Etenraku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Just imagining Rachel's shrieking voice in place of the hichiriki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Just back from cinema, SATC2 is good and worth the watch!

Covered all the ethnic musics (Gamelan is win) to the tee, trying to revise culture, world music and identity but TED is sooooo hard not to watch. Except for the hippies. Should be no hippies on TED.

Damn the Finnish and their silly words.

Also, I strongly recommend Boxee (boxee.tv) to everyone. It's a really, really good media player. Just gorgeous.

Also, why must music-related work always come down on me at exam time? Had to arrange nearly two hours of music for six different concerts in the last three weeks, some for preposterous combinations - one was alto sax, tenor sax, oboe and viola. Played by children. Like, what? Obviously you decided to put on a concert at the last minute and these were the only players you could get. Do you know how ridiculously hard it is to arrange something for that combination of instruments? It's the oboe that makes it preposterous. If I wasn't saving for an iPad I wouldn't touch that job.

Also: the programmes and posters they've made me design for the events. Jesus. Awful stuff. You want the headings to be embossed? Seriously? Are you in love with the awkward, teenage years of web design?

This is a great poster:

streetchoir.jpg

This is not:

benefietconcert.jpg.jpg

I hate ugly things and the people who can't understand why they're bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

What?!?! You're not a Comic Sans fan?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Life is a kick in the testicles sometimes isn't it? I've neglected this forum for so long, this thread is just out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

banquo wrote: »
    Damn the Finnish and their silly words.

Vittu, Perkele!
    Mä olen Ben
    =P

Kantele solo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEAyWmCcSI&feature=related

Edit: Really have to go to the library to do some work......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement