Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I won't really! Just hate idiots like that!!
    I got both my tattoos down in Impulse in Maynooth...wouldn't go anywhere else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

On this topic... Impulse should really get their sign sorted out. I wouldn't get a tattoo from somewhere with a sign like that.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    On this topic... Impulse should really get their sign sorted out. I wouldn't get a tattoo from somewhere with a sign like that.

Yeah, it's not the most inventive!! But they do really amazing work! Brenda is amazing...the detail she put into my script is fabby...so teeny but so clear!

I mean the paint running on one side, it's really bad and sloppy looking. I've seen their ink work and it's good, but you take a look at the sign and get a sloppy impression from them!

hmm...never took much notice of the sign to be honest, was bored waiting for the bus one day and went in, been thinking of getting one done for a while and when I saw Brenda's portfolio I was hooked!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I spent a few minutes trying to open the front door of my apartment with a laser card instead of my key card this morning. Confusion occurred.

Fire alarm going off somewhere, hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

I am really, really pissed off about that exam earlier. In the small sports hall at 12.30. 60 minute final year exam, in with a 2 hour second year economics exam.

They let us in at 12.29. The invigilator spends 3 minutes (3 minutes!) shyting on, so we started more than 2 minutes late. Then, she interrupted us on no fewer than 3 seperate occasions to tell the economics crowd about small typos on their paper. On the third occasion (at which point she had spent in total 5 minutes of our exam time talking - and I know this for a fact because I was staring at the clock trying to block her out and keep my train of thought while she was blathering) I was so angry that when I asked one of the invigilators could we have an extra 5 minutes at the end I was physically shaking and had to stop writing for a moment to calm down. Then, when we had 5 minutes left, instead of making an announcement, they came around and told us each individually that we had five minutes left. It was like; you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left all the way down the room (heaven forbid they interrupt the 2nd year economic students by using the microphone).Also, someone somewhere in the building was hammering loudly.

It was a utter shambles, to be honest. We got 2 extra minutes at the end. I managed to get my essay finished but it was a close call and not everyone else did. I was livid afterwards (still am, can you tell?), even though it was a reasonable paper and in other circumstances everyone should have done well.

So yeah, /rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

CnaG wrote: »
    I am really, really pissed off about that exam earlier. In the small sports hall at 12.30. 60 minute final year exam, in with a 2 hour second year economics exam.

They let us in at 12.29. The invigilator spends 3 minutes (3 minutes!) shyting on, so we started more than 2 minutes late. Then, she interrupted us on no fewer than 3 seperate occasions to tell the economics crowd about small typos on their paper. On the third occasion (at which point she had spent in total 5 minutes of our exam time talking - and I know this for a fact because I was staring at the clock trying to block her out and keep my train of thought while she was blathering) I was so angry that when I asked one of the invigilators could we have an extra 5 minutes at the end I was physically shaking and had to stop writing for a moment to calm down. Then, when we had 5 minutes left, instead of making an announcement, they came around and told us each individually that we had five minutes left. It was like; you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left, you've five minutes left all the way down the room (heaven forbid they interrupt the 2nd year economic students by using the microphone).Also, someone somewhere in the building was hammering loudly.

It was a utter shambles, to be honest. We got 2 extra minutes at the end. I managed to get my essay finished but it was a close call and not everyone else did. I was livid afterwards (still am, can you tell?), even though it was a reasonable paper and in other circumstances everyone should have done well.

So yeah, /rant.
    Yeah, added to the fact that a lot of economics students would have left early during the exam.

I was sitting the economics exam and even found the typo interruptions annoying, especially when they did not alter any of the questions or answers.

Did very well in my exam though after some horrendus CA. Was sure I'd be back in August for that one but pretty sure I have passed now. Delighted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

I nearly forgot to mention the invigilator who walked backwards down the aisles. I'm not joking. She was walking very slowly backwards, puting one foot behind the other as though on a tightrope. Distracting in the extreme and she did it twice. I was sitting there going WTF? Seriously?

In a way I'm glad it wasn't just the politics student who were annoyed by yer wan's frequent interruptions, though of course I'm sorry you'd to sit through that too. It was the first exam I've been in in my three years which wasn't conducted immpecably.

Someone should definitely inform the relevant departmental office. It's little interruptions that can cause small mistakes to be made. Hopefully you did well though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I hate it when people joke about the Holocaust, Anne Frankly, I won't stand for it.

the iPad is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

banquo wrote: »
    I hate it when people joke about the Holocaust, Anne Frankly, I won't stand for it.
    WAHEYYYYY! ;)

So warm! *fans self*

I love how cranky and complainy exam time makes people, it's gas.

I need to rant. Ignore...do whatever you wish.

Driving home from tesco at traffic lights by the roost, someone was stopped at traffic lights after light had gone green, beeped horn. Driver slowed right down and crawled along. got to moyglare road, no cars in sight, decide to over take (something I HAVE NEVER DONE) but decided as it was a slow car, no cars on road I would be ok.
    Wanker speeds up as I try to, not letting me pass. I was forced to drive on wrong side of road by rude bastard, could have caused me to kill myself or someone else, then finally slowed down when he saw the ramp. Managed to move in.

Just an end to a truly horrible horrible day. Tempted to not go into my exam tomorrow as there is no way in the world I can pass.

not sure if this is the end of my rant...but for now it is..so /rant.

Awh Kellie, go into the exam and do your best. You might be able to compensate.

Just having a bad day. A jumbo breakfast roll of a bad day.
    Thanks ro...your a petxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I love how cranky and complainy exam time makes people, it's gas.

That I have to agree with. two people got snappy rants off me on fb today and then my poor friend got completely screamed at by me over what we were going to study! Even i scared myself!

So screwed for this exam tomorrow. Why do i have to need 60?! :'(

The driving incident sounds seriously terrifying though, that's the kind of stuff that puts people off! What an arse.

That I have to agree with. two people got snappy rants off me on fb today and then my poor friend got completely screamed at by me over what we were going to study! Even i scared myself!

So screwed for this exam tomorrow. Why do i have to need 60?! :'(

what exam is it...cos i feel the same...

• Advertisement

The driving incident sounds seriously terrifying though, that's the kind of stuff that puts people off! What an arse.

I was only doing it cos I thought it was an old dear...bastard knew full well what he was doing. Not going to happen again.

kellief wrote: »
    what exam is it...cos i feel the same...

Constitutional law! Need an average of 60 to get in next year. Have about 67 from last sem but failed my exam on sat so really need it brought up!

Psychology for you by any chance?!

Constitutional law! Need an average of 60 to get in next year. Have about 67 from last sem but failed my exam on sat so really need it brought up!

Psychology for you by any chance?!

How do you know you failed? Fingers crossed for you though.
    yeah, just going to try learn some stuff now and hope for the best.
    This week is pants. I'm getting steaming drunk next thursday and staying drunk until saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Wiiooo66666oooooooooooOOooo!

Drunk! =D

Wiiooo66666oooooooooooOOooo!

Drunk! =D

Jealous beyond belief!! :D

kellief wrote: »
    How do you know you failed? Fingers crossed for you though.
    yeah, just going to try learn some stuff now and hope for the best.
    This week is pants. I'm getting steaming drunk next thursday and staying drunk until saturday.

I just really don't think it went my way! i really can't imagine I got the 60 on that anyway!

Wednesday the boyf is coming up coz we both finish that day and I can see us just completely crashing out one we get to my apartment! Thurs is my Maynooth birthday/end of exams party which shall be amazing! Fri is either dinner with my parents or babysitting my lil bro and Sat is my Wicklow Party/Eurovision Party which should be awesome. Bring on the end of exams!

PanTs!

Leopoldbloom, where ae you!:

...funny schtuff!

• Advertisement

Leopoldbloom, where ae you!:

Saw him in the library earlier if that helps! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement