Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Jesus christ, you don't log on for a few days and then there's like over 9000 new posts in this thread O_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Oh dear. That college buddy system will only end in shagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

College buddy system?

Check your emails, I just scanned through it... but they're setting up a buddy system between first years and current students :D

Mahahah! Let them fend for themselves I say! It was good enough for us! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Will next years 1st years have to apply to have a buddy? Is that not going to be embarassing for them.

I would've thought so. I remember on my first orientation week there was a girl in my group who's mam came with her. To be fair her mam walked behind the group but anytime the guide said anything or offered any literature about the place she'd shout 'LAURA! What did he say?! Laura! Get one of those of the nice chap there! Get one from me too! '

Poor girl was MORTO!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I would've thought so. I remember on my first orientation week there was a girl in my group who's mam came with her. To be fair her mam walked behind the group but anytime the guide said anything or offered any literature about the place she'd shout 'LAURA! What did he say?! Laura! Get one of those of the nice chap there! Get one from me too! '

Poor girl was MORTO!

Why would you let your mother go?! I would've locked my mother somewhere if I had to!

Why would you let your mother go?! I would've locked my mother somewhere if I had to!

I get the impression she didn't really have a choice in the matter :P

Its a good idea but I think that each department should be running it. At the start of the first lecture of the year get a few 2nd and 3rd years in to talk about their experiences and they can hand out their e-mail address if anyone wants to talk about the course or anything involving student life.

• Advertisement

I get the impression she didn't really have a choice in the matter :P

Like I said should that happen Mammy gets locked in a cupboard! I love the way my mum is so against Mammying! makes life so much easier sometimes!

Just realised that this thread is nearly reaching 5000 posts. Think i should stop posting. Need someone more worthy to post the 5000th.

Oooh we're getting close! Who will make it 5000?!

Having a missed call from someone you haven't seen in months, actually 2 missed calls. Hope someone's not dead, that'd suck.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Having a missed call from someone you haven't seen in months, actually 2 missed calls. Hope someone's not dead, that'd suck.

That's like getting a load of missed calls from your parents during lectures when you know your grandad is sick only to find out that all they want is a chat! I was nearly in tears when i saw the missed calls!

Ah jesus, that's horrible! I set my phone on silent at night time to avoid drunk diallers, but it worries me that if something went wrong I wouldn't be able to take a call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

I think the buddy system is a good idea if it takes off. They tried something like it a few years ago and it didn't take off though.

Shaggers.

It's my bday tomorrow. post 5000 should be mine!

If it isn't you all owe me! :P

EDIT: Yussss!!!! :P

Congrats on 5000th post, a good birthday present

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

What's wrong with shagging?

Ah jesus, that's horrible! I set my phone on silent at night time to avoid drunk diallers, but it worries me that if something went wrong I wouldn't be able to take a call!

I'm lucky in that I don't get drunk diallers. Just the occasional text from my boyfriend telling me how much he loves me and misses me! Would be sweet if I didn't have the drunk sensor with him! :D

And then there's the guy who texts me EVERY night at around 1am with the weirdest things. Needless to say he doesn't often receive a reply.

Did you find out what your missed calls were about Rozabeez?

What's right with shagging sweet impressionable first years Declan?! On second thoughts, don't answer that.

Nah MCR, it's his 21st next week so he's probably just looking for numbers for people from school or seeing if I'm going!

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Congrats on 5000th post, a good birthday present

A bit of constant refreshing was made to make that happen! :P
    Yes i am sad! :D

What's right with shagging sweet impressionable first years Declan?! On second thoughts, don't answer that.

Nah MCR, it's his 21st next week so he's probably just looking for numbers for people from school or seeing if I'm going!

That probably makes more sense anyway! No point in jumping to the worst possibility!

Let's have a milestone party! Happy Birthday for tomorrow, how old will you bed?

Let's have a milestone party! Happy Birthday for tomorrow, how old will you bed?

Anything as long the person is of legal age, let's hope!

Totally quoted the wrong thing there Michelleman!

I'll be 19! I'm one of the ickle ones!

Bedded the boyfriend last night if that's what you meant and he's already 19! :P

I won't be seeing anyone for my bday! :(
    Family are stayin home in Wickla and the boyfs studying so i guess that's what I'll be doing too! :'(

• Advertisement

Hahaha this thread is brilliant today, love that typo! Sure I only turned 20 last month and I'm finished college forever after next Saturday's exam. (That's a lie I'll probably have repeats after Indonesia).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement