Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm trying to revise French grammar for my exam.....all I want to do though is take me dog for a walk but I know that's gonna take an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I gots twofiddy! =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

4,000th post w00tage.

/goes back to rugby forum. Allez Clermont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

n00b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

banquo wrote: »
    1. No cell phones.

Just in case it's really important to Wendero, mobile phones are allowed in the exam hall according to the regulations.
    Candidates are permitted to bring Mobile Phones and/or mp3/mp4 players into the Examination Hall. However, candidates must ensure that they switch these devices off and place them under their chair for the duration of the examination.
    http://examinations.nuim.ie/rules.shtml

However, they must be turned off and if they cause a disruption you will be fined - at least that what we were told in our briefing on exam regulations and procedures a few weeks ago.

I really need to stop procrastinating and get on with my essays! I would be mortified if I was that maths lecturer - did it happen recently?

Edited to ask: Is there anywhere to study before exams? I'll be in the Small Sports Hall and Lower Loftus. Or is it just the library. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Benches outside of JH, bit of fresh air to clear the head?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Benches outside of JH, bit of fresh air to clear the head?

Let's hope it's not raining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I would be mortified if I was that maths lecturer - did it happen recently?
    Surely you mean flattered?:pac: Think it was the week before rag week if my memory serves me correctly. Just a bit of harmless fun.

K4t wrote: »
    Surely you mean flattered?:pac: Think it was the week before rag week if my memory serves me correctly. Just a bit of harmless fun.

Well I probably would be flattered, but still mortified none the less! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JRL

Whats the exact reason for allowing mobile phones in the exam hall again? That always puzzled me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

I would be mortified if I was that maths lecturer - did it happen recently?

That's Detta Dickinson. She's one of the coolest people in Maynooth. I've never had her for lectures, but she's my Aikido sensei, and she's a fourth dan aikikai. ie. quadruple black-belt. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

banquo wrote: »
    Women are ruining the internet.

We are working to make the internet a prettier place!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Say hello to LeixlipRed!! He's the shifty looking one who's checking out the boobies as he walks around.

Note to self: Cover up well for Politics Exam in Lower Loftus

I found a dress on asos.com last night and I can't find it anywhere. I'm so so so so so so sad. I loved this dress. It was so pretty.

leopoldbloom suggested I just find another one...not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

kellief wrote: »

I also suggested a solution :P

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo delighted right now!!!!

I found a dress on asos.com last night and I can't find it anywhere. I'm so so so so so so sad. I loved this dress. It was so pretty.

:( hate when that happens!

All this talk of clothes is making me want to buy myself a birthday dress! But i has no money! Must resist the urge!

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo delighted right now!!!!

yay! :)

Giz us a looksee!

I haven't got money and won't be paid until Friday, but I'm paying my mother back.
    http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1051988

Could not leave that in a warehouse somewhere, this needs to be worn!!
    asos have an amazing sale on at the moment!

I haven't got money and won't be paid until Friday, but I'm paying my mother back.
    http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1051988

Could not leave that in a warehouse somewhere, this needs to be worn!!
    asos have an amazing sale on at the moment!

Very cute! :)

• Advertisement

They have it in grey too, but its not as pretty.

All this talk of dresses is going to annoy banquo as
    women are ruining the internet
    hehe

They have it in grey too, but its not as pretty.

All this talk of dresses is going to annoy banquo as hehe

all the more reason to continue! :P

Just what I was thinking, but I must study!!

PREETTTY DRESSESS!

I need to learn about five plays in 24 hours. fml.

3 is sufficient! Thankfully!

Just what I was thinking, but I must study!!

PREETTTY DRESSESS!

Amazingly Pretty Dresses!

Ah you are one of those English victims like 75% of my friends in this College! My next exam isn't til Thurs! But then my time table gets Evil! Very evil! Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, Wed! Then I'm all done!

3 is sufficient! Thankfully!

Any suggestions on which three? I'm totally freaking out about it!!! I read Bacchae but don't understand it, I know Christ Deliver Us really well and I'm not worried about that but as regards the others I'm pretty screwed!!
    Amazingly Pretty Dresses!

Ah you are one of those English victims like 75% of my friends in this College! My next exam isn't til Thurs! But then my time table gets Evil! Very evil! Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, Wed! Then I'm all done!
    I had one Friday, One Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Thursday. Nice and spread out, apart from the first three!! Ha!
    PS that dress is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Any suggestions on which three? I'm totally freaking out about it!!! I read Bacchae but don't understand it, I know Christ Deliver Us really well and I'm not worried about that but as regards the others I'm pretty screwed!!

I had one Friday, One Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Thursday. Nice and spread out, apart from the first three!! Ha!
    PS that dress is amazing!

Here, I had got the basic outline of two texts last year for english. 15 minutes I'm told I need three. I get the general jist from a friend for the third story, I'm talking plot and nothing else here, and do the exam. If I can pass, anyone can!

First off, I'm not the best person to be giving advice as I only attended the last lecture all semester, looking for exam tips!

I'm doing Christ Deliver Us and Miss Julie, focusing on realism/naturalism (in both plays, its limits etc.) and gender roles/sexism etc. Studying the french writer Emile Zola for criticism on naturalism/realism. Just read the summary of Miss Julie on wiki (the film is on youtube and the text is in the book).

And I watched the Mel Gibson version of Hamlet after a pretty heavy night out in the Roost last week so that's going to be a more than interesting answer....

Here, I had got the basic outline of two texts last year for english. 15 minutes I'm told I need three. I get the general jist from a friend for the third story, I'm talking plot and nothing else here, and do the exam. If I can pass, anyone can!

Fingers crossed that works! I'm terrified!

• Advertisement

First off, I'm not the best person to be giving advice as I only attended the last lecture all semester, looking for exam tips!

I'm doing Christ Deliver Us and Miss Julie, focusing on realism/naturalism (in both plays, its limits etc.) and gender roles/sexism etc. Studying the french writer Emile Zola for criticism on naturalism/realism. Just read the summary of Miss Julie on wiki (the film is on youtube and the text is in the book).

And I watched the Mel Gibson version of Hamlet after a pretty heavy night out in the Roost last week so that's going to be a more than interesting answer....

I went to pretty much all of the lectures and I'm still none the wiser so you're grand!!!

I'm going to do Christ Deliver Us!, The Rover and I might learn Bacchae briefly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement