Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

What play are you studying? We had to do Marble last year. Woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

kellief wrote: »
    I went to pretty much all of the lectures and I'm still none the wiser so you're grand!!!

I'm going to do Christ Deliver Us!, The Rover and I might learn Bacchae briefly.
    Cool, thnaks for the reassurance.

We still have all day tomorrow and a few hours Monday morning so loads of time if we really concentrate from now until then. From the poetry module in semester one I have found that it is probably harder to fail English than to pass provided you put in any work at all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

A number of them!
    Hamlet, Christ Deliver Us!, The Rover, The Bacchae of Euripides, The Good Woman of Setzuan (no idea what this is about, even though I was at the lectures), Miss Julie

Yeah...loads of fun.

K4t wrote: »
    Cool, thnaks for the reassurance.

We still have all day tomorrow and a few hours Monday morning so loads of time if we really concentrate from now until then. From the poetry module in semester one I have found that it is probably harder to fail English than to pass provided you put in any work at all.:)

I'm in work tomorrow from 4-8, going to the library from ten until 3 when I've to leave for work. Then straight home to the books!!!
    Yeah I should pass but I just want to do well!! :confused:

129174450538192063.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

http://www.sparknotes.com/sparknotes/video/hamlet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-S0M1PkNcQ

Hopefully these are going to get me through the exam seeing as I haven't read any of the plays yet! I was supposed to be looking at the other two tomorrow but my parents are coming up for the day! Eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Note to self: Cover up well for Politics Exam in Lower Loftus

Politics you say? Really? What year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

We had to do Marble last year. Woeful.

Utterly awful play. What kills me is at the same time, round the corner, they had a Sam Shepard play starring Stephen Rea and Sean McGinley.

We got the crap one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

CnaG wrote: »
    Politics you say? Really? What year?

First year! The European module! Doing it through Sociology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Would the library be packed today? I might go up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Got to get to the library pretty early during exam period I'm afraid. Just dropped the gf off there now - not packed, but I'd say it would be by midday. The reading room is full atm.

The guy wrote: »
    Would the library be packed today? I might go up today.

It's alright for the moment, but there is a steady flow of people coming in.
    Pissed off at the printer, sent something about fifteen minutes ago and still hasn't shown up! Grr

There is someone sitting across from chewing gum incredibly loud and it is so beyond irritating. If you are on boards...throw your gum out or chew it quietly. No one else wants to hear it.

kellief wrote: »
    It's alright for the moment, but there is a steady flow of people coming in.
    Pissed off at the printer, sent something about fifteen minutes ago and still hasn't shown up! Grr

Printing = file goes to printer -> sits in printer memory -> gets printed.

The problem with things not showing up for print in the library (as late as an hour later in my experience) is because the printer, after printing something, doesn't delete the file from it's memory. Thus, the memory quickly gets full and there's no space for new printing jobs. So it doesn't show up.

The only way for your thing to show up on the printer is to delete other people's jobs that are already done. These have a tick beside them. Don't delete unprinted stuff, that's just mean.

Oh, and delete your own files after printing. Everyone forgets to do this / doesn't know. (Guilty of forgetting myself sometimes too...)

In PACR, stuff gets automatically deleted from the printer memory (a) as soon as you print something - this is how most places work! - and (b) if, after half an hour, you haven't printed it. Part

Anyway. It's a really simple to fix problem. But we're working on it :)

I always delete stuff after I print them! I'm frigging freezing in the library so I'm going to get a cup of tea in londis and then will delete other people's stuff!!

There should be an automatic delete button!

*wonders if Kellief has gone to Londis yet, and if it's too late to tell her it's closed on Sundays*

Update: She's here in Arts with coffee from the machine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I have just spent an hour and a half trying to save my phone from the side of my bed to just find out that I can pull it out! What a relief. I really thought that phone was completely lost!

Now I have an hour to shower and try beautify myself up to get the train to see my boyfriend. So not going to happen...

banquo wrote: »
    Update: She's here in Arts with coffee from the machine.

Too late to save the walk!!

Coffee and munchies is good sugar burst food!

First year! The European module! Doing it through Sociology

Oh. One of those.

:pac:

3rd year myself, so we were the guinea pigs for the course you're doing. John O'Brennan is a fantastic lecturer. I vaguely recall that paper being a bit hard, but then, aren't most exams a bit hard.

I'm kind of reeling in shock here. I just realised that in less than 8 days I'll be done college. Still, roll on 11.30am on Monday the 24th is what I say. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Beez hates everything, particularly drunk men who say stupid things. Also hating brothers. Strangely, they have the same name, so by association, I also hate k4t.

There is now a fly inside the laptop.

How is that even possible?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I'm kind of reeling in shock here. I just realised that in less than 8 days I'll be done college. Still, roll on 11.30am on Monday the 24th is what I say. :cool:

Wahey, I'm the same, well, half 2 on Monday the 24th and I am out of here! :D

Speaking of which, do we get to keep our @nuim.ie addresses after we graduate? I forward everything to gmail anyway but I'd like to know if I have to change the email address on various sites just in case.

Speaking of which, do we get to keep our @nuim.ie addresses after we graduate? .

If you pay the (very reasonable) Alumni fee :)
    ? I forward everything to gmail anyway.

That's right.

/nods sagely

Wahey, I'm the same, well, half 2 on Monday the 24th and I am out of here! :D

Speaking of which, do we get to keep our @nuim.ie addresses after we graduate? I forward everything to gmail anyway but I'd like to know if I have to change the email address on various sites just in case.

Not sure, but I suppose there's plenty of time between finishing exams and graduating to worry about that :)

Can anyone else see that animated horse ad with the freaky jaw down the bottom of the page? I can't even look at it to figure out what the ad is for it's freaking me out so much. Do not want :(.

Not sure, but I suppose there's plenty of time between finishing exams and graduating to worry about that :)

Can anyone else see that animated horse ad with the freaky jaw down the bottom of the page? I can't even look at it to figure out what the ad is for it's freaking me out so much. Do not want :(.

I can't see any freaky animated horse. Do see a man with a dog licking his face though. Not so freaky, bar the shock on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

banquo wrote: »
    If you pay the (very reasonable) Alumni fee :)

Thought as much. Confusing because I'll be back for a masters anyway in 2011, ah I'll email the comp centre at some point or another.

CnaG, I just saw the horse.
    Scared the crap out of me.
    It's for the lotto. I don't do the lotto and I don't want to be scared by freaky horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

2 boiled eggs, tomato soup, rolls and listening Yo-Yo Ma playing Ennio Morricone.
    This is what life's all about!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement